Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Collins is back
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
That is a good sign. Now if we can make it through camp without losing anyone on the line I'll feel pretty good about where we are heading.
Reply/Quote
Great news, excited for their chances in short yardage situations this year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Woot !

Keeps fingers crossed the injury bug is behind us.
Reply/Quote
I can't wait to see our RT knocking guys down instead of guys knocking down our RT.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good news !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The line getting reps together is important. Glad they will have a month of reps before week 1.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Pumped for Collins. I think he can have a fine year. He's a great fit with this team if he can put his recent woes behind him.
Reply/Quote
This is good news however my first thought upon seeing the thread title was “why the hell did they bring back Anthony Collins?”
Reply/Quote
So his back is back?
Reply/Quote
Good. Should give about a month for the starting OL to all play together now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 12:33 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is good news however my first thought upon seeing the thread title was “why the hell did they bring back Anthony Collins?”

Anthony Collins was probably the last swing OT that was any kind of decent, no?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Good news but I am not convinced this dudes injury was anything more than a bump or bruise.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I really hope this signing doesnt backfire. I have an odd feeling about this guy's future health
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 01:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I really hope this signing doesnt backfire. I have an odd feeling about this guy's future health

Going to go with Joe's speaking/writing it into existence to counter this statement. 

Collins is going to have an incredible year and be instrumental in helping the Bengals get their first Super Bowl win in franchise history. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Reiff was able to hold the fort and the point at RT but was not dominant - Collins is able to be dominant there.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 01:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I really hope this signing doesnt backfire. I have an odd feeling about this guy's future health

Yea he hasn't been a beacon of health the past couple years.
Missed all of 2020 with a hip injury that landed him on IR, and then missed 5 regular season games last year.
Luckily his contract isn't overly high, but the depth behind him is crap, so not good if he misses time.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Looking forward to his contributions this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea he hasn't been a beacon of health the past couple years.
Missed all of 2020 with a hip injury that landed him on IR, and then missed 5 regular season games last year.
Luckily his contract isn't overly high, but the depth behind him is crap, so not good if he misses time.

agree with depth but to be honest look across most teams.. depth at tackle is just not good... decent backups end up being overpaid and become starters for other teams.. I have no factual evidence to support my opinion but i think OT is one of thinnest depth positions in the league..
Reply/Quote