Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins released
We already had to baby him and his bad back last year. Another year older and another major injury.

I figured we would be cutting him all along. I guess we had to wait until he could pass a physical or something.
Reply/Quote
My how happy we were when he signed here.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:50 PM)Housh Wrote: Has to be to make room for Tee cause i see no reason why you wouldn’t let him rehab this year if he indeed can’t get ready and go into camp with a former pro bowl RT with Jonah likely
Leaving

It could be to go to the bottom line too.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand nor will attempt to know how the cap works in the NFL. I just read articles after the fact that explain a player's contract or why certain moves happen. So what will my lesson learned be with the Collins release? This money going to Tee or Chase?

I liked the idea of him being a back up, super sub, or eventual starter. Maybe he returns to the organization on a more team-friendly deal?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't think teams were allowed to release injured players.

WTS *@#$
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't think teams were allowed to release injured players.

WTS *@#$

They can release the player if they come to an injury settlement.
Reply/Quote
My guess is Collins was not happy and asked to be released so he could go somewhere else because he didnt want to be a backup to Jonah.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They can release the player if they come to an injury settlement.

I get that, I just didn't see anywhere that stated they reached an injury settlement. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get that, I just didn't see anywhere that stated they reached an injury settlement. 

He may have waived an injury settlement if he asked to be released.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My how happy we were when he signed here.

"The Bodyguard". 

Reply/Quote
People on this board shredded this dude when he was playing "healthy” last year. Why be upset when they release someone who may be pretty far away from playing, and will save 7 million in doing so? I’d rather have that money go to re-signing one of the important vets whose contract is nearing an end rather than letting it waste away on the PUP anyway.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Makes zero sense to me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
if anything showed vs the browns, is that you need 2 great WR (chase, tee) and a franchise QB (burrow) and you have a high scoring power machine to win you games. heck yeah!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Makes zero sense to me.

Im not sure we have the inside understanding that the Bengals do.. maybe he was not progressing with the injury or maybe he did not look good in practice or he saw backup tackle in the mirror and wanted out or was not very motivated and with any of those ideas I stated, they saw save some $$ and move on.  My guess it is one or two of the above and Bengals decided to move on
Reply/Quote
Initially, I am in camp "this is stupid."

I mean, we do not need the cap room to sign Tee (at least not this year). And I wouldn't be in a rush to after last week anyway. If we wanted extra cap space, we should have done this earlier to we could have invested that $$ into a player who couod help us. And, I was hoping a healthier Collins would be improved this year. So we reduce our OL depth, and release our best run blocker after last week?

The only way the setback line of thinking makes sense is if it just hasn't been reported yet. I mean, if he cannot play, why in the world does give up $2 mil?

The only things that make sense to me would be:
1) He wanted out and the freedom to sign with another team
2) We are gonna bring him back on a cheaper deal.
3) We have a signing of another player incoming and needed the money freed up.
4) After watching last week, Mike Brown decided this team has no shot to win the SB and decided to save money this year/rollover to next.
Reply/Quote
We had around $12 mil in space after Burrow's deal. Which added around $8 mil to his 2023 cap hit.

More than enough space for Tee.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:35 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Saving 7 million on a possible starting RT great back up guard.

Just the Bengals all over isn’t it!

Pay for good players get good players now we are relying on Jonah working out or it’s back to ***** Jackson Carmen.

God help us and Burrow

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  

idk why people think LC was any good or better than Jonah lol

but now this means Volson is LG for the foreseeable future

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
While I wasn't thrilled with Collins play we did seem to get something going with him and I was happy to have the depth as injuries have gotten us in trouble. I agree with others that this move not only doesn't make a ton of sense the timing is what is really head scratching. But the fans needed something to distract them from the drubbing the Bengals took in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  

Collins was our best run blocker. 
Reply/Quote