Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins released
(09-12-2023, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wild. So if a player gets injured playing for your team, you can just release them as long as you don't put them on IR. 

Never knew that. I do remember PK telling me something like that when I called in after last season 

If a player is injured during the season, he either stays on the roster or goes on IR. If he ends the season on IR and hasn't been medically cleared, he couldn't be released till the new league year begins.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which one?

Either or ...as he stated, otherwise, it does seem like odd timing.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's the day after overreaction Monday, people are still pissed, but you are right. I seem to recall A LOT of criticism when he was playing. Now they're mad. 

He got destroyed by speed rushers.  Well, any rushers.  

Hell of a run blocker, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Burrows contract is going to hurt us in the long run. I'm very proud of this FO, but hope we don't go back to good players trying to save their career like we have in the past at a discount. But then again, maybe Burrow needs ex-convicts protecting his ass.

Burrow’s contract is the going rate for a franchise QB. What would you have done? Trade him? Let him walk in free agency?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If a player is injured during the season, he either stays on the roster or goes on IR. If he ends the season on IR and hasn't been medically cleared, he couldn't be released till the new league year begins.

Learning more all the time. LC finished last year on IR. So all we had to do was keep him on the roster until final cuts this year and then release him 

I was today years old when I learned that
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Either or ...as he stated, otherwise, it does seem like odd timing.

Who knows, maybe they did him a solid. Given the new info Holic shared with me we coulda cut dude before game 1 but if you sign vested players after game one their salary is not guaranteed. So anyone interested in signing LC would have waited until this week anyway
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Like I said when we signed him....he was not as good as we thought he was.

Dude was basically an Andre Smith in Dallas. Holding calls at the wrong time, missed blocks....Zack Martin, Witten and even Schultz covered his ass over and over.

I hope he recovers from his injury and lands elsewhere, he's still NFL caliber but not what we needed. We need someone that doesn't need help all the f'n time.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Don’t like this unless something else is happening.

Pollack should be the one getting cut.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Pollack must has something over the Browns/Blackburns dude needs to be gone yesterday
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Not even necessarily against it but who do all the “fire Pollack now” crowd want him replaced with in season? Promote Derek Frazier?

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:23 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: if anything showed vs the browns, is that you need 2 great WR (chase, tee) and a franchise QB (burrow) and you have a high scoring power machine to win you games. heck yeah!

So you use the Browns game where Burrow threw for 82 yards as evidence that we need 2 elite wrs?

If anything, that game showed the importance of a line and running game.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 10:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you use the Browns game where Burrow threw for 82 yards as evidence that we need 2 elite wrs?

Hard to knock Zac too much considering he basically built this team to complete with the likes of the Chiefs, and it’s worked, but you do have to worry about your own division, too. We’re just such a bad matchup against Cleveland.

Reply/Quote
This will give them space to roll forward, right?

But, we need a RT next year with Jonah a free agent. And Jonah gets injured too.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is it possible they may be or already have been talking to a substitute? Here's my point. I doubt this get's a green flag without the blessings of Frank Pollack. Which, IMO, is already a shitty OL coach and this makes him worse. He probably asked one of the backups, "You got this?" was told yes and said, I can save 7 mil.

While I don't think it's likely this was they're thinking and not sure what position we would be thinking. A man can dream.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Collins was our best run blocker. 

I just thought that was worth sharing. Not saying I agree or understand the move/timing of the move. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 10:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you use the Browns game where Burrow threw for 82 yards as evidence that we need 2 elite wrs?

There’s no way that was a serious comment
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not even necessarily against it but who do all the “fire Pollack now” crowd want him replaced with in season? Promote Derek Frazier?

Some options.

Iced tea that smells like hairy balls

A nice, large Elephant Loaf. Past its expiration date.

A half-eaten bottle of thumbtacks

Porcupines

Stanley Steamer Carpet Cleaner

Milksteak, boiled over hard

A “Welcome to Warner Robins, Georgia” t-shirt, xx-small

Braniff stock
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Taylor Lewan inbound on a 1 year backup deal for league minimum ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I think ther may be something else going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about,yet.
Reply/Quote
And IIIIIIIIIIIIIII ee IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always ah love ah youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

I wish you good journey, "Body Guard". We barely knew ya.
Reply/Quote