Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins released
(09-12-2023, 08:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: idk why people think LC was any good or better than Jonah lol

but now this means Volson is LG for the foreseeable future

Yeah the idea of him playing guard or at least backing up that position was what had me most excited. Who knows if he would even be able to play that now at this point in his career.
Reply/Quote
Well someone had to fired after Sundays debacle smh

I think Collins wanted out. Not sure why. But this move could have been made two weeks ago if it was the Bengals decision.. So something is up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Have to remember La'el Collins just might be done between his knee and whatever back injury he was playing with last year. Between week 1 and week 2 is a telling cut because I assume he wouldn't sign the injury settlement until he got a possible roster bonus of some kind.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'd rather have the 14 million in cap savings than a below average back up tackle coming off major knee surgery who may or may not even play this year.

Smart move by the Bengals. Only thing that's weird is the timing.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:16 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: People on this board shredded this dude when he was playing "healthy” last year. Why be upset when they release someone who may be pretty far away from playing, and will save 7 million in doing so? I’d rather have that money go to re-signing one of the important vets whose contract is nearing an end rather than letting it waste away on the PUP anyway.

Collins is trash nothing lost here. Only money gained IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:36 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Collins is trash nothing lost here. Only money gained IMO.

So far, the entire OL group is trash.
Reply/Quote
Fully expect LC to go elsewhere and produce.

Two of our division foes lost tackles this past week
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  

Yep and 99% or people would still rather have him than Carmen or Smith so what do that tell you about those two?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:38 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: So far, the entire OL group is trash.

Brown was fine.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not sure we have the inside understanding that the Bengals do.. maybe he was not progressing with the injury or maybe he did not look good in practice or he saw backup tackle in the mirror and wanted out or was not very motivated and with any of those ideas I stated, they saw save some $$ and move on.  My guess it is one or two of the above and Bengals decided to move on

Makes as much sense as anything.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This guy was brought in by his ex coach from Dallas Pollock could he be next. Heard some fans grumbling about getting rid of Pollock. I want to see a 4.5 yard avg. from the running game this year but we really should see a decent pass blocking group this year as well with all the vets we brought in. With them all being vets the only guy Pollock needs to coach up is Volson the rest have proven before they played for Pollock that they can play in the NFL the coach just needs to get them working as a unit. Pollock weak point is teaching pass blocking on a team that throws the ball a ton seems like a bad match up to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  

Is it possible they may be or already have been talking to a substitute? Here's my point. I doubt this get's a green flag without the blessings of Frank Pollack. Which, IMO, is already a shitty OL coach and this makes him worse. He probably asked one of the backups, "You got this?" was told yes and said, I can save 7 mil.

Reply/Quote
Burrows contract is going to hurt us in the long run. I'm very proud of this FO, but hope we don't go back to good players trying to save their career like we have in the past at a discount. But then again, maybe Burrow needs ex-convicts protecting his ass.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't think teams were allowed to release injured players.

WTS *@#$

Injured players who are vested can be released from the start of the league year through the final preseason cuts with a payment amount that's determined by the CBA.

After that point (as long as they haven't been placed on IR)...they can be released with no settlement needed.

With Collins being on PUP, they were basically free to cut him anytime they wanted.
Reply/Quote
Just wondering the reasoning. Pure cap space? His injury? Something else?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Guess he’s the 1st Burrow deal cap casualty
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Injured players who are vested can be released from the start of the league through the final preseason cuts with a payment amount that's determined by the CBA.

After that point (as long as they haven't been placed on IR)...they can be released with no settlement needed.

With Collins being on PUP, they were basically free to cut him anytime they wanted.

Wild. So if a player gets injured playing for your team, you can just release them as long as you don't put them on IR. 

Never knew that. I do remember PK telling me something like that when I called in after last season 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Probably means his rehab suffered a setback. Or, they're bringing him back on a cheaper deal.

That'd be my guess.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: That'd be my guess.

Which one?

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:16 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: People on this board shredded this dude when he was playing "healthy” last year. Why be upset when they release someone who may be pretty far away from playing, and will save 7 million in doing so? I’d rather have that money go to re-signing one of the important vets whose contract is nearing an end rather than letting it waste away on the PUP anyway.

It's the day after overreaction Monday, people are still pissed, but you are right. I seem to recall A LOT of criticism when he was playing. Now they're mad. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote