Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins released
(09-12-2023, 11:19 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Some options.

Iced tea that smells like hairy balls

A nice, large Elephant Loaf. Past its expiration date.

A half-eaten bottle of thumbtacks

Porcupines

Stanley Steamer Carpet Cleaner

Milksteak, boiled over hard

A “Welcome to Warner Robins, Georgia” t-shirt, xx-small

Braniff stock

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Bengals have little depth at OL something that has plagued the team for years. Damn.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'm wondering/hoping that this money will be used for something useful for the season other than the injury pool.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Learning more all the time. LC finished last year on IR. So all we had to do was keep him on the roster until final cuts this year and then release him 

I was today years old when I learned that

Yeah, and by doing it that way, they added a little extra cap.

Releasing him during or anytime before final cuts would have cleared 4.8m. By waiting, it's now 7m.
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of this move. Also if it's a move done for cap space why not restructure a contract or two.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 10:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you use the Browns game where Burrow threw for 82 yards as evidence that we need 2 elite wrs?

If anything, that game showed the importance of a line and running game.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Also we have made the Super Bowl and AFC championship game the past two seasons. Maybe this organization and coaching staff knows what they are doing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Many of us were hopeful that La'el could return to his younger form and settle in as a dominant force at RT, unfortunately it just didn't work out well for the injury ridden big fella. Best of luck in all his future endeavors.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows, maybe they did him a solid. Given the new info Holic shared with me we coulda cut dude before game 1 but if you sign vested players after game one their salary is not guaranteed. So anyone interested in signing LC would have waited until this week anyway

Very true. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
With this and Carman reverting back towards an apparent bust, I am extremely concerned about the OL depth.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: According to this they are saving $7M in cap space.

Bengals Release T La'el Collins From PUP List (profootballrumors.com)

if it helps sign Tee maybe makes since... But after watching the OL week 1 if there was a chance he could be healthy and play i would have taken it.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 12:15 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals have little depth at OL something that has plagued the team for years.  Damn.

They shouldn't have depth problems, but they do because their drafted players are not good.

Carman, Smith, and Hill all in their 3rd year.
Volson 2nd year, but 20 starts under his belt inc. playoffs.

They drafted Carman to be OG or RT, as they already had Jonah at LT.
Carman has looked decent only on the left side, but it's even hard to say LG with confidence because it was so few snaps.
Volson, a 4th round rookie, beat him out for the starting LG spot last year, which wasn't a good sign.

Smith came in light and lacked sand in his pants, still looks weak in the run game, at least what we saw in the preseason.
If Smith is ever called on for RT snaps, you may as well not run the ball to his side.

LT, C, and LG are probably in the best spots with backups in Carman, Hill, and Scharping.
I would not want to see Cappa or Jonah go down, as I don't trust Ford at all after seeing him in preseason, and same with Smith.
Jonah also still has to prove he's a decent RT, but I won't give him too much crap for going against arguably the best pass rushers on the schedule in Garrett and Smith. Watt and Highsmith are right up there as well, so they will be a test too when it comes time to play the Steelers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: https://x.com/fieldyates/status/1701703150800126257?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

This team makes me want to drink.

Don’t understand this one at all he was far better than any of the back ups we’ve now got in the squad.

Stupid decision.

He was worth the chance at the start due to his size, but it did not work out.  It was a chance and the Bengals knew this.... 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They shouldn't have depth problems, but they do because their drafted players are not good.

Carman, Smith, and Hill all in their 3rd year.
Volson 2nd year, but 20 starts under his belt inc. playoffs.

They drafted Carman to be OG or RT, as they already had Jonah at LT.
Carman has looked decent only on the left side, but it's even hard to say LG with confidence because it was so few snaps.
Volson, a 4th round rookie, beat him out for the starting LG spot last year, which wasn't a good sign.

Smith came in light and lacked sand in his pants, still looks weak in the run game, at least what we saw in the preseason.
If Smith is ever called on for RT snaps, you may as well not run the ball to his side.

LT, C, and LG are probably in the best spots with backups in Carman, Hill, and Scharping.
I would not want to see Cappa or Jonah go down, as I don't trust Ford at all after seeing him in preseason, and same with Smith.
Jonah also still has to prove he's a decent RT, but I won't give him too much crap for going against arguably the best pass rushers on the schedule in Garrett and Smith. Watt and Highsmith are right up there as well, so they will be a test too when it comes time to play the Steelers.

Speaking of the Stoolers, what's the word on Heyward?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: https://x.com/fieldyates/status/1701703150800126257?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

This team makes me want to drink.

Don’t understand this one at all he was far better than any of the back ups we’ve now got in the squad.

Stupid decision.

This decision isnt surprising cuz not enough juice for the squeeze.
Plus in the NFL cumulative injuries always shorten careers. Collins is done in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:24 AM)Wyche Wrote: Speaking of the Stoolers, what's the word on Heyward?

Groin Surgery is required.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Groin Surgery is required.

Ouch. Sounds painful. 
Reply/Quote
Instead of drafting Brad Robbins and 48 other defensive backs, they should have taken 1-2 more OL last year. And a TE. But noooooo…
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Glad he's gone. Cordy Glenn 2.0. Get him outta here before he may be required to block TJ Watt again! I wouldn't be opposed to letting Frank Pollack join him.
Reply/Quote
Most of the board trashed him in 2022. He obviously is not healthy so FO had a choice, hope he gets healthy sometime in 2023 and pay him. Or cut him and save 7 million dollars of cap space to use in 2023 or roll over for future deals for Reader, Tee, Chase or others.

The reality he must be weeks/months away from helping us in 2023. If so, was he really a plug and play back up or was he a wasted expensive roster spot.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My how happy we were when he signed here.

The past decade or so of o-line fixes via draft and free agency:

[Image: homer-simpson-never-try.gif]
Reply/Quote