Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins released
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/cincinnati-bengals-decision-to-release-lael-collins-explained

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 10:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/cincinnati-bengals-decision-to-release-lael-collins-explained

I threw up when I read this part

It is risky. They're banking on D'Ante Smith and Jackson Carman to continue to develop behind two veteran starters: Orlando Brown Jr. and Jonah Williams. It would've been nice to have Collins around, just in case Brown or Williams went down with an injury. 
Reply/Quote
I thought Collins contract was worked in away that he had to be active to get much of the money. We will hear more about this later I'm sure.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals released him with our Oline issues, that should tell other teams something (theoretically).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Sad 
According to an article yesterday it was a $$$ savings issue and Zac felt good about the current backups...Confused
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 02:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought Collins contract was worked in away that he had to be active to get much of the money. We will hear more about this later I'm sure.

I thought the same which could mean it was a mutual thing since Jonah had the job. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 02:27 PM)Whacked Wrote: I threw up when I read this part

It is risky. They're banking on D'Ante Smith and Jackson Carman to continue to develop behind two veteran starters: Orlando Brown Jr. and Jonah Williams. It would've been nice to have Collins around, just in case Brown or Williams went down with an injury. 

That's definitely concerning, but the article also mentions that Collins won't be available to play for over a month. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: https://x.com/fieldyates/status/1701703150800126257?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

This team makes me want to drink.

Don’t understand this one at all he was far better than any of the back ups we’ve now got in the squad.

Stupid decision.

$7M for a backup RT is a bit much.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 04:45 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: $7M for a backup RT is a bit much.

Especially one that won't be available for at least 4-6 weeks.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 05:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Especially one that won't be available for at least 4-6 weeks.

Spend that on Tee.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 06:44 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Spend that on Tee.

or a Right tackle...

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 06:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: or a Right tackle...

Or that.
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander gave a very negative impression of our O-line on XM radio earlier today. Yeah, that Paul Alexander.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 03:27 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That's definitely concerning, but the article also mentions that Collins won't be available to play for over a month. 

He was disappointing last season. They save roughly $14M over this and next season that will be used on someone else now.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 07:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He was disappointing last season. They save roughly $14M over this and next season that will be used on someone else now.
I agree....and it's money saved on a guy that's not even available to disappoint.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 07:39 PM)Destro Wrote: Paul Alexander gave a very negative impression of our O-line on XM radio earlier today. Yeah, that Paul Alexander.

He told Mike to draft Jackson Carman. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 11:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: He told Mike to draft Jackson Carman. Mellow

Player A Rookie Season: 462 snaps, 0 sacks allowed, 56.3 PFF rating

Player B Rookie Season: 1107 snaps, 5 sacks allowed, 51.6 PFF rating
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm guessing it is mutual, money savings for us and a quick new start for Lael with the need around the league for servicable OTs. No evidence here, but it feels like our FO wanted to be considerate to Lael. He did after all, go through some hoops to help come to Cin when he was a FA that was highly desirable. Feels like we just being courteous to return the favor for his effort to help our team for such a small price.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 07:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He was disappointing last season. They save roughly $14M over this and next season that will be used on someone else now.

I thought he was improving near the end. At any rate, he was better than what we ended up with in the AFCCC against KC.
Reply/Quote