Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collins' visit is over
(03-20-2022, 11:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The same posters crying and moaning about Bengals not guaranteeing money want Waynes cut (5 million cap hit due to guaranteed money and would have been larger a year ago). If those fans got their way Waynes (who had no injury history prior to his signing would have received more guaranteed money).

At some point fans have to recognize, Bengals FO way of structuring contracts put them in a position to assemble a FA and draft roster that got them to the Super Bowl. It was not like Rams blew us out, in fact, they needed some Ram friendly calls (Wilson hold) to get that go ahead TD.

The fear of how hard it is to get back is overwhelming the common sense of some fans. Regardless of who we sign, it will tough to get back to the playoffs and win the AFC every year. That is true for every team, see KC, TB and GB in 2021.

We want Wayne's cut because it's a freaking option right now. 

The Bengals miss out on FAs because they don't guarantee money after the first year. That's a FACT. 

And save me the Hendrickson crap. I''m not saying they can't sign quality FAs at times. I'm saying they miss out on quality free agents, like Collins at times. They whiffed on him because of contract structure. Those are the words out of Willie Anderson a mouth. 

Just wait until they go to resign Joe next year and don't give him the guaranteed money he wants. He's going to tell them to **** right off, which he should. 

The league has changed drastically the past couple of years with how contracts are structured. Guys want guaranteed money. It's just a fact. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Wait…are people seriously worried about re-signing Burrow? Short memories around here. They dropped a bag on Carson Palmer, and he wasn’t even a homegrown guy that won the team it’s first playoff games/AFC Championship in 30+ years. Not to mention Mike Brown’s views on franchise QB’s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
How are we so much improved than last season Adeniji and Prince are both possibly in line to start. With only a marginal upgrade at C. Now Joe also plays without his security blanket in CJ. I can make an argument we are worse on offense not better
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: How are we so much improved than last season Adeniji and Prince are both possibly in line to start. With only a marginal upgrade at C. Now Joe also plays without his security blanket in CJ. I can make an argument we are worse on offense not better

I’m sure you’ll try.

And if Joe can’t make a “security blanket” out of Tyler Boyd then we have a serious problem. Not to mention the guy we replaced CJ with is probably a better pass catcher anyway.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote:  I can make an argument we are worse on offense not better

But we are not finished.

Why do you go through all these mental gymnastics in order to keep crying?  Why ignore basic facts in order to get your whine on?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wait…are people seriously worried about re-signing Burrow? Short memories around here. They dropped a bag on Carson Palmer, and he wasn’t even a homegrown guy that won the team it’s first playoff games/AFC Championship in 30+ years. Not to mention Mike Brown’s views on franchise QB’s.

The concern is probably whether or not he’s going to want to stay if (big if) they continue the organizational malpractice of not putting a line in front of him.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They whiffed on him because of contract structure. Those are the words out of Willie Anderson a mouth. 

Actually Willie said we were still in the mix for Collins.

then he made fun of fans like you who were calling the bengals "cheap" and claiming they did not know how to manage free agency.

(03-20-2022, 12:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just wait until they go to resign Joe next year and don't give him the guaranteed money he wants. He's going to tell them to **** right off, which he should. 

This is just pathetic.

i can't believe the lengths some people will go to in order to complain.  We build a Super Bowl roster through free agency so they have to play make believe about something that will happen in the future in order to keep crying. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I doubt we sign him now.  At this point I usually move on.   But that damn Watson/Browns circus is still fresh in my head so I can't shake this false hope.

The good thing about Watson now is he went to the QB bone orchard where he'll get a tomb stone and probably several obituaries before it's all said and done..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: I felt certain that when Collins came to Cincinnati, there was a basic understanding of what it would take to sign him. The team brought in players and coaches to meet with him and took a lot of time in front office meetings. It seems likely that some other team came with another offer and Collins changed his mind. If so, I'm more ticked off at him and his agent than I am at the Bengals front office. 

I'm reminded of my dad when he brought in someone to timber his land. The person offered $40,000 for the timber. My dad had another person come in for a quote, but that person said "tell me what the first person offered and will beat that." My dad told him to get lost, that it would not be fair to the first person.  I feel the same way if Collins agent told Miami or some other team here is what the Bengals are offering, beat that and we will walk out on our arrangement with the Bengals. I feel like telling them to get lost. 

That is free market though. You should always hear out all offers and accept the best offer in a bidding war. That is the nature of the beast and there's nothing wrong with wanting more money. I only see it as a problem when you scam people, but when all cards are on the table, it's up to the buyer to determine if the juice is worth the squeeze.

More than likely a team like the dolphins started throwing crazy offers at his agent while he was in town, therefore increasing that original asking price. I have faith in this FO after how they've proved themselves the past couple offseasons that maybe this attraction wasn't worth the high price of admission.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We want Wayne's cut because it's a freaking option right now. 

The Bengals miss out on FAs because they don't guarantee money after the first year. That's a FACT. 

And save me the Hendrickson crap. I''m not saying they can't sign quality FAs at times. I'm saying they miss out on quality free agents, like Collins at times. They whiffed on him because of contract structure. Those are the words out of Willie Anderson a mouth. 

Just wait until they go to resign Joe next year and don't give him the guaranteed money he wants. He's going to tell them to **** right off, which he should. 

The league has changed drastically the past couple of years with how contracts are structured. Guys want guaranteed money. It's just a fact. 

Cutting Waynes is an option because our FA is smart in the way they structure contracts. We like to front- load them. We just signed Alex Cappa to such a contract. So how drastically has the NFL changed since last week?

I doubt JB is quite as soft as you seem to know he is. The only whining I've ever seen him do are from the made up words folks in this forum put in his mouth. Folks saying he'll never re-sign here are probably as in tuned with JB as those that said he'll never sign here
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: How are we so much improved than last season Adeniji and Prince are both possibly in line to start. With only a marginal upgrade at C. Now Joe also plays without his security blanket in CJ. I can make an argument we are worse on offense not better

Admit it.  Lou Holtz your crazy uncle , isn't he? 

Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We want Wayne's cut because it's a freaking option right now. 

Big Willie said it was just a guess. 

Mikey has zero problems paying QB's. Not sure why you whining so hard
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:03 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The concern is probably whether or not he’s going to want to stay if (big if) they continue the organizational malpractice of not putting a line in front of him.

1. He wanted Chase over Sewell
2. They just got him 2 new lineman (and used a premium pick on one last year)
3. The point was the Bengals are willing to pay a QB top money

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:03 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The concern is probably whether or not he’s going to want to stay if (big if) they continue the organizational malpractice of not putting a line in front of him.

Remember that you are talking about the QB who wanted us to take a WR instead of a O-liineman with our first pick last year.

Burrow realizes that last year we signed one of the highest paid RTs in the league in free agency and used two draft picks in the first 4 round on O-line.

Burrow also realizes that we had to free agent upgrades to the o-line already in place before free agency started this year.

And most important Burrow does not have the crybaby victim mentality of many Bengal fans who have to spin everything negative after going to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Mikey has zero problems paying QB's. Not sure why you whining so hard

"Victim mentality" is all the rage in our current culture.

When you team goes to the Super Bowl you have to play make believe about something happening in the future to keep your "victim card".
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Victim mentality" is all the rage in our current culture.

When you team goes to the Super Bowl you have to play make believe about something happening in the future to keep your "victim card".

I said “if” buddy.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:08 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Admit it.  Lou Holtz your crazy uncle , isn't he? 

Tongue

He came to my High school to recruit a LB when I was a junior.. 
Reply/Quote
A Public Service Announcement from bfine:

CATASTROPHIZING

Quote:Catastrophizing is what is known in psychology as a ‘cognitive distortion‘ — a habitual and unconscious way of thinking that is not realistic. In this case it’s a habit of negative exaggeration. Always assuming the worse case scenario, you will likely also turn little problems into big ones. This means you anticipate issues so much that you actually create them.

Ways to combat the cognitive distortion:
Quote:1.Learn how to differentiate a thought and reality.

2. Try mindfulness.

3. Feel it out.

4. Talk to the page before the Message Board. Before you post and rant about the latest horrible situation, take a moment to pour your thoughts out in a journal. This can de-charge your emotions and help you see more clearly, whereas immediately over-talking can leave you more worried than ever

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/catastrophizing
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of fans here would love Dan Snyder.

He won free agency every year.

yes and we know how that has went,  as i stated before, it does not seem a lot of interest in Collins and im guessing it is a combo of his history and past injury.. which I could see as an issue in negotiations. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:17 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I said “if” buddy.

I think you lost track of the conversation.  My post that you just quoted was no a reply to your post.

Here is where you said "if"

And here is my reply to that post

(03-20-2022, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember that you are talking about the QB who wanted us to take a WR instead of a O-liineman with our first pick last year.

Burrow realizes that last year we signed one of the highest paid RTs in the league in free agency and used two draft picks in the first 4 round on O-line.

Burrow also realizes that we had to free agent upgrades to the o-line already in place before free agency started this year.

And most important Burrow does not have the crybaby victim mentality of many Bengal fans who have to spin everything negative after going to the Super Bowl.

My reply was not about the "if" it was about the "continue" part of your comment.
Reply/Quote