Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts play actual competition; get embarassed.
(10-24-2015, 12:13 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's a weird ass solidarity gesture for the dude that got banned.  Apparently he was like some kind of cult leader.

lulz

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 12:14 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Seriously? You don't see how a football team's GENERAL MANAGER having a tiff with the football team's HEAD COACH is going to cause problems with the team? Are you freakin' serious?

Here, let me spell it out for you:

1) The HC is in control of BOTH the OC and DC. If the HC's head is someplace else, he cannot COACH PROPERLY!

2) The GM is the dude who acquires personnel for the team. If he picks the wrong guys, the team isn't properly manned in the proper positions. The HC is mad at the GM because he chose to get skill position guys instead of good OL guys. That's why Luck seems to get massacred at every snap.

3) Pep Hamilton isn't getting the proper guidance from the HC because the HC is too busy fighting with the GM. Thus Pep is just winging it and it shows.

4) Luck "is" holding onto the ball too long! But maybe it's because he's waiting for a play to develop instead of just taking whatever the defense gives him. Even Peyton took awhile before he developed that kind of a skill. Again, with the HC too busy fighting the GM, he can't guide his young QB properly.

5) With the HC so beaten down by the GM that he feels he's going to be coaching elsewhere next year, what kind of a team morale can he give? Pretty much nothing. So the SPIRIT of the team is also in the shitter!

It's pretty goddamned important for the GM and HC to be on the same page and NOT FIGHTING in order for a team to have a winning spirit. Someone on these boards keeps posting that Football is all about emotions. Well, it sure is and a team that feels like its leaders aren't united isn't going to win too  many games.

The only thing i got out of all that was "blah blah blah".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 11:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What the hell is the deal with all the goofy weird tiger avatars?

Stop by P&R, once in a while. 
SCS is there and we're even ok with the relationship you two have.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 12:14 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Seriously? You don't see how a football team's GENERAL MANAGER having a tiff with the football team's HEAD COACH is going to cause problems with the team? Are you freakin' serious?

Yes, I am serious

Quote:Here, let me spell it out for you:

1) The HC is in control of BOTH the OC and DC. If the HC's head is someplace else, he cannot COACH PROPERLY!

So Pagano calls the plays on offense and defense. Got it.

Quote:2) The GM is the dude who acquires personnel for the team. If he picks the wrong guys, the team isn't properly manned in the proper positions. The HC is mad at the GM because he chose to get skill position guys instead of good OL guys. That's why Luck seems to get massacred at every snap.

What you're saying here is that the oline is garbage.  That's also what I said. That is Grigsons fault. But it's the crappy oline, not the infighting that's getting Luck massacred.

Quote:3) Pep Hamilton isn't getting the proper guidance from the HC because the HC is too busy fighting with the GM. Thus Pep is just winging it and it shows.

Pep has been a professional football coach since 1997. All of his positions have been on the offensive side of the ball. If he needs Pagano to 'guide' him in his play calling, then he probably shouldn't be the OC.

Quote:4) Luck "is" holding onto the ball too long! But maybe it's because he's waiting for a play to develop instead of just taking whatever the defense gives him. Even Peyton took awhile before he developed that kind of a skill. Again, with the HC too busy fighting the GM, he can't guide his young QB properly.

Pagano was never a QB. He was never a QB coach. How, exactly, is he going to 'guide' him to get rid of the ball faster? This seems like a problem with the maybe under qualified OC. (who happened to be Lucks QB coach in college. Maybe Andrew developed his 'hold on to the ball to long' problem there?)

Quote:5) With the HC so beaten down by the GM that he feels he's going to be coaching elsewhere next year, what kind of a team morale can he give? Pretty much nothing. So the SPIRIT of the team is also in the shitter!

Translation: The Colts are a mentally weak team.

Quote:It's pretty goddamned important for the GM and HC to be on the same page and NOT FIGHTING in order for a team to have a winning spirit. Someone on these boards keeps posting that Football is all about emotions. Well, it sure is and a team that feels like its leaders aren't united isn't going to win too  many games.

If you want to argue that Grigson has put together a shitty team that Pagano can't coach, that's fine. I'd agree with you. Grigson signs bad free agents and drafts very poorly. THAT's the reason the Colts aren't doing so well. Not because there's infighting. It's because they're just not a very good football team this year. If you think this same oline would be number one in the league if Pags and Grigs were BFFs who had sleepovers and watched 'Titanic' every weekend, you'd be wrong.
Reply/Quote
Annnndddd......the colts are getting throughly embarrassed at home by the saints.......the colts have been made.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:16 PM)WildCat Wrote: Annnndddd......the colts are getting throughly embarrassed at home by the saints.......the colts have been made.

They look embarrassingly bad. Yikes. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:16 PM)WildCat Wrote: Annnndddd......the colts are getting throughly embarrassed at home by the saints.......the colts have been made.

I wrote a list of people who are surprised. I'll post it below.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:20 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I wrote a list of people who are surprised. I'll post it below.

LOL  good point.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Lucky to Score Anything.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:30 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Andrew Lucky to Score Anything.

I had to start Hilton over Marvin Jones this week. So I'll take it.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:20 PM)Harmening Wrote: They look embarrassingly bad. Yikes. 

I may have spoken too soon...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 05:25 PM)Harmening Wrote: I may have spoken too soon...

Nah, you're good ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If only the coach and GM got along.
Reply/Quote
Now they can't even beat bad teams at home.

Two more interceptions.

Terribad

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 05:47 PM)Donnyho Wrote: If only the coach and GM got along.

If only their GM truly knew how to build a team..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 05:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Now they can't even beat bad teams at home.

Two more interceptions.

Terribad

Luck continues to be a turnover machine

The Colts lost to the mighty Saints at home. No team deserves a playoff spot in the AFCS
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 05:47 PM)Donnyho Wrote: If only the coach and GM got along.

(10-25-2015, 05:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If only their GM truly knew how to build a team..

If only their QB could stop throwing the ball to the other team...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 05:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Luck continues to be a turnover machine

The Colts lost to the mighty Saints at home. No team deserves a playoff spot in the AFCS

True. 

Their best offense, is to get down big, wait for the other team to go into prevent defense and then throw up a couple prayers, hoping some DBs fall down on coverage. 

Worked a couple times today.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 05:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If only their QB could stop throwing the ball to the other team...

The NFL tries to market Luck like the next Tom Brady.  Instead, he's the next Colin Kaepernick.  
Reply/Quote
Just so terrible.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote