Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Results - Wide Receivers/Tight Ends
(03-04-2017, 03:06 PM)Burma Wrote: Good lord, Ross put up that 4.22 effortlessly.

And he said he was cramping before he ran.  That is scare the shit out of defenses speed, keep DC's up at night speed, open up the field for others speed.  And he's not just all about speed either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So does John Ross get an island from Adidas now?

Nope, he was wearing Nike
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, he was wearing Nike

Ah, so he gets a continent.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Some other oft discussed guys in the forum....

Curtis Samuel-4.31

Would love to have Samuel in the 2nd

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 03:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Would love to have Samuel in the 2nd

Is he a WR or RB?

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 03:24 PM)McC Wrote: Is he a WR or RB?

Yes

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes

Okay.  Good answer.  Wasn't he about the only OSU guy who played worth a damn in the playoff game?

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Good answer.  Wasn't he about the only OSU guy who played worth a damn in the playoff game?

Yep. He also has return skills. He would be perfect for the gadgets we like to run. 

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You think a fast 40 vaults Ross to the top 10 even when everyone already knew he was the fastest WR in the class?

You think running the fastest 40 ever recorded would not boost his stock?  He was already considered top 15-top 20.  Easy to see him getting drafted in the top 10 now.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 03:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep. He also has return skills. He would be perfect for the gadgets we like to run. 

My thinking as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 03:59 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: You think running the fastest 40 ever recorded would not boost his stock?  He was already considered top 15-top 20.  Easy to see him getting drafted in the top 10 now.

I would take this guy over a big bodied slow receiver any day.  The only problem is can dalton throw it far enough to utilize his speed.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
You can't teach speed. Ross has to be on our radar now, we need speed at the WR position.

Samuel as well.

Did K.D. Cannon run yet?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 04:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You can't teach speed. Ross has to be on our radar now, we need speed at the WR position.

Samuel as well.

Did K.D. Cannon run yet?

Cannon official 4.41
Reply/Quote
williams 32" vert
ross 37" vert
samuel 37" vert
jones 36.5" vert

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 04:28 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Cannon official 4.41

Thanks man, want this guy in stripes.
Reply/Quote
JESUS this draft class is amazing. OJ Howard just ran a 4.51

Reply/Quote
This TE class is murdering the combine. If the Bengals don't take a TE at some point, they don't value speed and athleticism.
Reply/Quote
Chances are, if we want Ross, he's pretty much ours, isn't he? Tennessee, maybe. He's so much more than just blazing speed too. He's not 6'3" but he won't need to be.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 05:06 PM)Okeana Wrote: JESUS this draft class is amazing.  OJ Howard just ran a 4.51

Man, i wish we would take care of our O-line in FA so we could draft someone like this.

(03-04-2017, 05:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: This TE class is murdering the combine. If the Bengals don't take a TE at some point, they don't value speed and athleticism.

But that is what is so nice about this class. We can draft a TE late that would contribute here immediately. It is that deep.

They know they need speed. I would be very surprised if we don't draft a fast WR and a fast TE in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 05:16 PM)McC Wrote: Chances are, if we want Ross, he's pretty much ours, isn't he?  Tennessee, maybe.  He's so much more than just blazing speed too.  He's not 6'3" but he won't need to be.

We would be the first team that would be seriously looking at the guy no doubt.

I would not be against that speed, who would? That is rare stuff, very rare and it is not like he has hands of stone.

If we can shore up the O-line and draft a player like Ross and a versatile RB our Offense could be scary good.
Reply/Quote