Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Results - Wide Receivers/Tight Ends
(03-04-2017, 09:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My point isn't that Core is faster my point is we aren't lacking speed at WR, which would make taking a WR for speed a luxury pick and the O-line and defense front seven can't afford a luxury pick.

Core takes a bit to get up to that speed though. I disagree with your point. We ARE lacking speed at WR.

That was our biggest problem with our WR corps last year was the lack of a deep threat until Core got a little time.

John Ross gets up to speed faster than anyone. This is what we need in our WR corps opposite Green.

Cam Robinson at 9 i would not hate but i would rather trade down and picked him up if we draft Cam.

(03-05-2017, 12:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's also worth mentioning how effective Ross is as a KR. He scored a KR TD every single season in college, 4 total in 3 years. He averaged 24 yards per KR.
While I like Erickson as the returner, JR can still occasionally take reps at KR and back up that role if anything happened to Erickson. That way, Adam Jones wouldn't have to be in that role if he's still on the team come Week 1, or JR fills the backup KR void if Jones is cut.

Some are mentioning Dalton won't have time to throw for Ross to be effective, but Ross is not just a deep threat. He has elite quickness, agility, and separation to get open early, which should just further help the offense given we're expecting the same (or worse) OL performance in 2017.

Nice post, i am liking JR more and more for this Offense.

Then start going to work on the O-line.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 12:53 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No way he gets out of the first. He runs a 5 second 40 he still goes in the first. Teams value tape way more than times.

Name a WR who ran a 5.0 forty as was drafted, nevermind drafted in the first round. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 07:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Name a WR who ran a 5.0 forty as was drafted, nevermind drafted in the first round. 

You're not gonna win an argument with him on WIlliams and his man crush forget it !
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 08:07 PM)pulses Wrote: You're not gonna win an argument with him on WIlliams and his man crush forget it !

I just did.  Cool
Reply/Quote
A big part of me is dying to see them draft Davis, Ross, or Williams in round 1. It could erase the memory of the losses of Jones/Sanu instantly. Unfortunately, this team is in a place where it has dire needs on the offensive and defensive lines.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 07:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Name a WR who ran a 5.0 forty as was drafted, nevermind drafted in the first round. 

u really think a 40 time matters? News flash it dosent. All it would do was make them recheck the tape. But gane tape is 100 times more valuable than a simple 40 time.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 02:46 AM)samhain Wrote: A big part of me is dying to see them draft Davis, Ross, or Williams in round 1.  It could erase the memory of the losses of Jones/Sanu instantly.  Unfortunately, this team is in a place where it has dire needs on the offensive and defensive lines.

i would love to trade down to 15 for a second and third get davis,  then use the third we just got and a 5th comp pick to get a late second rounder.  In conclusion getting 3 picks in second round and only giving up a comp pick.we need help on dline and oline so i would go davis, elflien, walker/kpassagnon, and mcmillan. Adress all our needs in the top 2 rounds and getting elite talent. 
Reply/Quote