Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag stuff has gone too far.
TV land cancels the Dukes of Hazzard.

There is 0 racial component to the show. It's actually good family programming. And compared to plenty of nonsense programming We have today, it's nice to have a good family show.
See, back then, anti-establishment was cool, something to be revered.

Today, being ant-establishment means possibly taking away someone's free shit...

See the difference?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The Song of the South had good values, but you'll never see it televised again either.  Buy the DVDs and you can see it all you want.

Then again, maybe they canned it because the General Lee got wrecked by my house a couple of weeks ago...

http://wtvr.com/2015/06/06/holmberg-general-lee-crashes/

No lie, my girlfriend drove by just after it happened and almost wrecked as she and her co-worker both stared in amazement saying "That's the ***** General Lee!"
(07-01-2015, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, back then, anti-establishment was cool, something to be revered.

Today, being ant-establishment means possibly taking away someone's free shit...

See the difference?

I agree that cancelling The Dukes of Hazzard is an over reaction, but this post by Sunsets is just stupid.

Being "anti-establishment" has nothing to do with "taking away someone's free shit" unless you are talking about the protests against the "one-percent" being an attempt to end corporate welfare.
(07-01-2015, 09:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree that cancelling The Dukes of Hazzard is an over reaction, but this post by Sunsets is just stupid.

Being "anti-establishment" has nothing to do with "taking away someone's free shit" unless you are talking about the protests against the "one-percent" being an attempt to end corporate welfare.

Taking away free shit works on both sides of the political spectrum...  Therefore, anti establishment is "evil" in this day and age.

Don't really see how "stupid" works into that, Fred..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Anti-establishment is being squeezed out these days.

Now it's all about conforming to the masses instead of being an individual.
[Image: 0NwiXLM.jpg]
Looks like Dukes of Hazard may be the Amos 'n' Andy of our generation. Personally, I think Amos and Andy is a swell show and the controversy did nothing more than put a group of talented black actors out of business, but meh.
That awkward moment when conservative America is more upset about the Dukes of Hazard getting shut down than the fact that 8 black churches have been set ablaze in the last week and a half.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-01-2015, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, back then, anti-establishment was cool, something to be revered.

See the difference?

It must be nice to live in a such a simple world.
(07-02-2015, 12:25 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: That awkward moment when conservative America is more upset about the Dukes of Hazard getting shut down than the fact that 8 black churches have been set ablaze in the last week and a half.

Because you know, Dukes of Hazard painted southerners in such a flattering light.
(07-02-2015, 12:25 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: That awkward moment when conservative America is more upset about the Dukes of Hazard getting shut down than the fact that 8 black churches have been set ablaze in the last week and a half.

How do you gather that? Reruns of a show that have nothing to do with race...... Certainly has even less to do with church burnings.
(07-02-2015, 01:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How do you gather that?   Reruns of a show that have nothing to do with race...... Certainly has even less to do with church burnings.

Because I have a Facebook account and I can read.  

The only people that I've seen mention the handfuls of black churches being set on fire are liberals and my mom.

The only people that I've seen complain about the Dukes of Hazard are conservatives that feel the need to call out liberals in their posts.

I never said that DOH had anything to do with race, and I certainly never said that it had anything to do with church burnings.  I was simply pointing out the priorities of some people based upon the Facebook microcosm of America that is presented to me.  I don't know how you didn't understand.
LFG  

(07-02-2015, 01:28 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Because I have a Facebook account 

Well Hell. Hard to argue with that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-02-2015, 01:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Hell. Hard to argue with that.

Apparently so, if that's all you could come up with.
LFG  

(07-02-2015, 01:28 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Because I have a Facebook account and I can read.  

The only people that I've seen mention the handfuls of black churches being set on fire are liberals and my mom.

The only people that I've seen complain about the Dukes of Hazard are conservatives that feel the need to call out liberals in their posts.

I never said that DOH had anything to do with race, and I certainly never said that it had anything to do with church burnings.  I was simply pointing out the priorities of some people based upon the Facebook microcosm of America that is presented to me.  I don't know how you didn't understand.

Ok. Just caught me as odd when you mentioned it ...

As far as Facebook ..... That's just a data mining freak show .... the details about life that some put on there just amazes me sometimes.
(07-02-2015, 01:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ok.   Just caught me as odd when you mentioned it ...  

As far as Facebook ..... That's just a data mining freak show ....   the details about life that some put on there just amazes me sometimes.

I'm definitely not trying to make a connection between the show and churches burning, I was just offering up a bit of commentary regarding what I've noticed.  It wasn't directed at you, or anyone on this board even, just people's priorities in general.

As for facebook, I dig it.  It keeps me in touch with people that I would have otherwise lost contact with, and let's me know when something cool is happening.  I definitely agree that some people post a bit too much of stuff that I wouldn't really want people to know.....
LFG  

(07-02-2015, 02:03 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm definitely not trying to make a connection between the show and churches burning, I was just offering up a bit of commentary regarding what I've noticed.  It wasn't directed at you, or anyone on this board even, just people's priorities in general.

As for facebook, I dig it.  It keeps me in touch with people that I would have otherwise lost contact with, and let's me know when something cool is happening.  I definitely agree that some people post a bit too much of stuff that I wouldn't really want people to know.....

I understand, sorry if I misread the post.
How can anyone cancel this ....

[Image: vtyLZu8.jpg]

[Image: 4SgH3aF.jpg]

[Image: VphWySl.jpg]
(07-01-2015, 10:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Now it's all about conforming to the masses instead of being an individual.

Actually it seems to be the opposite to me.  That is why more homosexuals and transsexuals are coming out.

The country is becoming more diverse in race and religion.

Individuality is at an all-time high.