Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confronting Racism
(02-13-2016, 11:38 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: So the only side we have is the side of the black person?  Again, that is biased and not reliable.

I know one way that we could stop the claim of profiling, real or imagined.

However, black officers don't like it, because they don't seem to want to only have to police neighborhoods that only have blacks.

Not so, Oddly enough, black civilians don't like it either, because then they can't claim racism or profiling as easy.  They could be it doesn't carry the same weight as when they get to deal with the white cops.

I know a suspect is unlikely to incriminate himself, regardless of skin color. Just like I know a police officer is unlikely to incriminate himself. I'm just pointing out this portion of your argument is based upon a LEO incriminating himself which can result in his arrest and termination. What LEO will do that?  If the suspect's statement is biased and unreliable secondary to self incrimination the same applies to the police officer's statement for the same reason.

If a law enforcement agency assigned white LEO to only white neighborhoods and black LEO to only black neighborhoods that is institutional discrimination.
(02-13-2016, 01:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I know a suspect is unlikely to incriminate himself, regardless of skin color. Just like I know a police officer is unlikely to incriminate himself. I'm just pointing out this portion of your argument is based upon a LEO incriminating himself which can result in his arrest and termination. What LEO will do that?
home schooled ones?

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-12-2016, 10:27 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: This is cute.

I have already answered you.  Even broke down for you.

The sad part is, you actually think you have refuted my points.

I am just gonna refer you back to my last response to you.  There is no strawman, just factual rebuttals to your very naive (can't blame you, you are like what 22 maybe 23, if not that is how old you seem, very sheltered) view. 

You keep doubling down on the belief and notion that black countries were forced into providing slaves.  Hey, did you learn this nugget of history from an African Studies professor or were they liberal?  Cause a white liberal is the most apologetic person on the planet, unless of course you ask them to apologize to white people, then they don't feel the need to apologize for anything.

African Studies professors are notoriously Anti-white and they go out of their way to paint a negative picture of whites in history while insisting that the Africans were a good and virtuous race.  They are on par with Women Studies professors as being very unreliable.

So which one did you get your "knowledge" and insight from?  The white liberal or the African Studies?

Didn't I say don't bother responding if it would be more straw men? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-13-2016, 05:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Didn't I say don't bother responding if it would be more straw men? 

Maybe, just maybe; he chose not to obey you
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-13-2016, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.  Mellow

well then.  You're irrelevant.  About what I expected.  
(02-13-2016, 01:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I know a suspect is unlikely to incriminate himself, regardless of skin color. Just like I know a police officer is unlikely to incriminate himself. I'm just pointing out this portion of your argument is based upon a LEO incriminating himself which can result in his arrest and termination. What LEO will do that?  If the suspect's statement is biased and unreliable secondary to self incrimination the same applies to the police officer's statement for the same reason.

If a law enforcement agency assigned white LEO to only white neighborhoods and black LEO to only black neighborhoods that is institutional discrimination.

Hilarious   This is the Kobayashi Maru.

So the only side we get is the very biased side of people who might an agenda to press.

"He only stopped me because I'm black"

That person couldn't possibly be looking for a lower sentence or a law suit.

Actually the term is segregation.  It would have it's merit though.  Can a black police officer be guilty of racially profiling a black person?  When Dylan Taylor was shot by the non white officer in Utah, no calls to make sure it wasn't racially motivated.  That officer is still on the force and received 0 scrutiny.
(02-13-2016, 02:50 PM)Benton Wrote: home schooled ones?

Mellow

Naw.  Homeschooled ones are too smart to do that.

The question he ask has no merit, the point is, the whole concept of racial profiling is only coming from a biased side.  Black people making the claim of racial profiling doesn't mean it is actually happening.

Blacks crying "racial profiling" are just looking for a reduced sentence, the charges being dropped or a payday in the form of lawsuits.

If you were homeshcooled with a good teacher, you would be smart enough to see the flaws in the narrative of racial profiling.
(02-13-2016, 05:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Didn't I say don't bother responding if it would be more straw men? 

You keep using straw men as your response.  Makes me wonder if you even know what it means.

I did ask if you use different definitions for words.  This is probably one of those times.
(02-13-2016, 05:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe, just maybe; he chose not to obey you

I know, shocking right.  I am not obeying his narrow world view and calling me racist doesn't work.  His whole liberal indoctrination mind doesn't know how to cope.

However, I didn't actually respond without strawmen.  I even broke it down.  Yet he has nothing, so he will continue shouting "Strawman!" with the same fervor that liberals use with the word racist.  Hoping that by saying all the time makes it so.

BTW Patty:  I know you claim libertarian, but you're not fooling me.  You are a true blue liberal.
(02-13-2016, 09:35 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: However, I didn't actually respond without strawmen.  I even broke it down.  Yet he has nothing, so he will continue shouting "Strawman!" with the same fervor that liberals use with the word racist.  Hoping that by saying all the time makes it so.

I learned a long time ago in this forum the Strawman more often than not means,  you are pointing to what I mean and not what I said.

WTS, by definition we are all guilty of "strawman". I just find it humorous when folks accuse others of employing the fallacy, when they are every bit as guilty of using the tactic. 

We need a judging panel. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-13-2016, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I learned a long time ago in this forum the Strawman more often than not means,  you are pointing to what I mean and not what I said.

WTS, by definition we are all guilty of "strawman". I just find it humorous when folks accuse others of employing the fallacy, when they are every bit as guilty of using the tactic. 

We need a judging panel. 

Yeah, it was the same as on the other boards.  The tactics are also the same.

I am really here for guys like you, St. Lucie, Vlad and a few others. 

These other guys aren't as smart as they think they are.
(02-13-2016, 09:31 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You keep using straw men as your response.  Makes me wonder if you even know what it means.

I did ask if you use different definitions for words.  This is probably one of those times.

I don't think you know what that means. You posted responses to multiple arguments I did not make and I told you that I did not say that. How was I strawmanning? 

You realize all of these posts are here forever, right? I can go back and quote them. 

We need clarity here. If our lefty friends are going to cry racial profiling, then you must include black officers as being just as guilty as white officers of pulling over blacks for no apparent reason. I know that must be hard to do.

Recall the lesson you liberals learned from Baltimore and Cleveland... that black officers kill blacks too.
Shocking isn't it?

I am of the opinion that the majority of both black and white officers are out there doing the best job they can.
Accusations of racial profiling is merely another opportunity to claim victimhood. The little racial profiling that does occur is magnified by the media and swallowed up by liberals.

The fact remains that black officers pull over or arrest black citizens at the same rate, or in some cases at a higher rate than white officers.
In Boston and experiment was conducted in which only black officers were assigned to patrol predominately black sections.
It turns out there was a spike in black arrests in the Boston neighborhoods of Roxbury and Dorchester.

In Washington D.C. black citizens feel black cops are tougher on them than white cops.

In New Orleans wrongdoing by cops were committed by both black and white cops....excessive force and illegal stops, searches and seizures.

Black cops kill as many blacks as white cops do.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/02/community-policing_n_7486576.html
(02-13-2016, 11:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think you know what that means. You posted responses to multiple arguments I did not make and I told you that I did not say that. How was I strawmanning? 

You realize all of these posts are here forever, right? I can go back and quote them. 

He was probably "paraphrasing what you meant".

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-13-2016, 09:29 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Blacks crying "racial profiling" are just looking for a reduced sentence, the charges being dropped or a payday in the form of lawsuits.

[Image: 2vmwv0h.jpg]
(02-13-2016, 11:17 PM)Vlad Wrote: We need clarity here. If our lefty friends are going to cry racial profiling, then you must include black officers as being just as guilty as white officers of pulling over blacks for no apparent reason. I know that must be hard to do.

Recall the lesson you liberals learned from Baltimore and Cleveland... that black officers kill blacks too.
Shocking isn't it?

I am of the opinion that the majority of both black and white officers are out there doing the best job they can.
Accusations of racial profiling is merely another opportunity to claim victimhood. The little racial profiling that does occur is magnified by the media and swallowed up by liberals.

The fact remains that black officers pull over or arrest black citizens at the same rate, or in some cases at a higher rate than white officers.
In Boston and experiment was conducted in which only black officers were assigned to patrol predominately black sections.
It turns out there was a spike in black arrests in the Boston neighborhoods of Roxbury and Dorchester.

In Washington D.C. black citizens feel black cops are tougher on them than white cops.

In New Orleans wrongdoing by cops were committed by both black and white cops....excessive force and illegal stops, searches and seizures.

Black cops kill as many blacks as white cops do.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/02/community-policing_n_7486576.html

You can racially profile against your own race/ethnicity/what have you.

(02-12-2016, 09:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Please don't bother responding if you're going to pull that bullshit again.

I'm not going to try and sort through this mess Pat. What exactly were you asking SN that he supposedly isn't answering?
(02-14-2016, 12:32 AM)Vlad Wrote: I'm not going to try and sort through this mess Pat. What exactly were you asking SN that he supposedly isn't answering?

I didn't ask him to answer anything he isn't answering. I asked him to stop making up arguments I didn't come close to making.

I suggested that you can't ask for reparations from countries that didn't exist for hundreds of years after the event you want reparation for and then said that Africans and Europeans were not equal partners in the slave trade.

He then said

"So are you denying that the slaves were not bought and paid for? You really think that white men were hanging around with nets, ready to grab unsuspecting blacks? Europeans had slaves, the slaves they had were white, I don't think anyone denies that slavery has been a part of European history.

However, slavery wasn't invented by whites. The pyramids in Egypt weren't created by volunteers, nor where they paid workers either. Slavery is a part of every races history. "

lol, I know.

(02-13-2016, 01:59 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I hear the NFL has some good brain doctors, maybe you should see if they can recommend one for you.  

How about a brain doctor for children?

[Image: 2ns3rbr.png]

[Image: 351toab.jpg]

Never mind.  He isn't gonna like that idea.

Trying to heal the brains of childish insult throwing libs because you're not seeing things their way is even above his skill level.
(02-14-2016, 12:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't ask him to answer anything he isn't answering. I asked him to stop making up arguments I didn't come close to making.

I suggested that you can't ask for reparations from countries that didn't exist for hundreds of years after the event you want reparation for and then said that Africans and Europeans were not equal partners in the slave trade.

He then said

"So are you denying that the slaves were not bought and paid for?  You really think that white men were hanging around with nets, ready to grab unsuspecting blacks?  Europeans had slaves, the slaves they had were white, I don't think anyone denies that slavery has been a part of European history.  

However, slavery wasn't invented by whites.  The pyramids in Egypt weren't created by volunteers, nor where they paid workers either.  Slavery is a part of every races history. "

lol, I know.

OK.
Just curious, you're a teacher right? History? Do you teach the entire story? I remember being taught about slavery and how slavery started when blacks from Africa magically appeared on boats.