Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Bengals!
The division is yours to lose!

My reactions to the game from my Facebook page:

Quote:Its always hard on a fan when their favorite team loses. Again.

When they lose because they played poorly its even harder. Again.

Ben's 2nd INT was a back breaker at a time when the defense had bailed the team out. Again.

His third was just as bad a throw.

Tomlin's lack of clock management skills was evident at the end of the game also. Again.

Tie that in with the loss of Bell and some well timed calls (and non-calls) by the officials and this was a game the Steelers *should* / *could've* have won...but didn't. Again.

Kudos to the Bengals for doing what they needed too when they absolutely had too and taking advantage of their chances that the Steelers did not take advantage of. Again.

The division is probably lost. Again.

The playoffs will now be a struggle. Again.

Time to see what this team...players and coaches...are made of.

Again.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I hope Bell makes a healthy, speedy recovery.

Good game. See you guys again in December.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I hope Bell makes a healthy, speedy recovery.

Good game.  See you guys again in December.

I agree.  It was a really fun game to watch.  I was on the edge of my seat.  I hope Bell has a speedy recovery.  The AFCN is  always a huge battle.  That is what make each AFCN game so fun.
Reply/Quote
Bell's injury wasn't that bad. He left the game with his knee bended on the cart. It's a good sign.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Thanks,

There's still a lot of football left, but we're buckled in the drivers seat for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:13 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Bell's injury wasn't that bad. He left the game with his knee bended on the cart. It's a good sign.

That doesn't really tell much. You can walk on a leg with torn ligaments.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: The division is yours to lose!

Rock On

You had me until you mentioned calls.

I could have sworn a game changing moment was when Green was mugged 1o yards into the endzone, then pushed out of bounds and the flag was picked up. Instead of 1st down at the 1 yard line, we throw a pick on 3rd down.

The Dre K. non-call was big also, but it seemed ticky tacky compared to the Green holding and then pass interference non call in my opinion.

But, in the end I call the two major calls even

I hope Bell injury is not serious he is my RB in my keeper league and I hate to see any great player injured and their career in doubt
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Gratzi GM.....respect to you sir. It was an entertaining game....I guess. I thought it was VERY sloppy. It came down to which team capitalized on the mistakes the most. Both teams were horrible on offense. Of course, that could be attributed to the defenses......I guess. Mellow

Bell injury looks serious, and he left the stadium to go to a hospital before the game was over. That doesn't sound very promising.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You had me until you mentioned calls.

I could have sworn a game changing moment was when Green was mugged 1o yards into the endzone, then pushed out of bounds and the flag was picked up. Instead of 1st down at the 1 yard line, we throw a pick on 3rd down.

The Dre K. non-call was big also, but it seemed ticky tacky compared to the Green holding and then pass interference non call in my opinion.

But, in the end I call the two major calls even

I hope Bell injury is not serious he is my RB in my keeper league and I hate to see any great player injured and their career in doubt

Honestly I did not see much of the game.  I did see a few (as I said) well timed calls and non-calls.  Right or wrong they only one *I* saw that I didn't get was the taunting penalty (which after seeing Steve Smith Sr. drag a defender around by the jersey after a play and get nothing) seemed an excessive call.  Chalk tht up to different crews have different sensitivities.

The DPI that got picked up I didn't get a chance to see.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for showing some class, Dino. The Steelers are going to make some noise, before the season is over. Best wishes to Bell, on a speedy and full recovery.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is probably the worst congratulations in the history of man.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly I did not see much of the game.  I did see a few (as I said) well timed calls and non-calls.  Right or wrong they only one *I* saw that I didn't get was the taunting penalty (which after seeing Steve Smith Sr. drag a defender around by the jersey after a play and get nothing) seemed an excessive call.  Chalk tht up to different crews have different sensitivities.

Thanks for the props.  Officiating sucked all game long.  They nailed the Steelers on a couple of ticky tack personal fouls at some points, then let them get away with murder in the secondary at others.  In other words, typical NFL officiating.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for showing some class, Dino.  The Steelers are going to make some noise, before the season is over.  Best wishes to Bell, on a speedy and full recovery.

I'm not gonna lie and say it didn't tick me off!  LOL!

But I've been on these boards for ten years...I have *some* respect for the fans of the Bengals.

(11-01-2015, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is probably the worst congratulations in the history of man.

You're welcome?
Reply/Quote
I'll take that congrats and appreciate it. It was a hell of a game. I was on the edge of my seat. The game could have easily gone either way at times. Thank goodness the better team won. :)
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:13 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Bell's injury wasn't that bad. He left the game with his knee bended on the cart. It's a good sign.

I heard that they think it's just an MCL injury.  Certainly bad, but nowhere near as bad as ACL injuries.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The recent games between these clubs have been heavyweight slugfests where the winner feels more like the survivor. Both teams get amped up to play each other and it is one of THE Rivalry games in the league. This time the Bengals survived.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly I did not see much of the game.  I did see a few (as I said) well timed calls and non-calls.  Right or wrong they only one *I* saw that I didn't get was the taunting penalty (which after seeing Steve Smith Sr. drag a defender around by the jersey after a play and get nothing) seemed an excessive call.  Chalk tht up to different crews have different sensitivities.

1  You didn't see much of the game but had all of those evaluations of your team's and our team's play?

2  Our team played horribly, too, but we won because we're the better team.

3  It's one of a few back-handed compliments to say we won because we took advantage of our opportunities and you didn't.  We are the better team.

Stop being butt-hurt and accept the fact that we went into your house and handed you your asses.

Mike Mitchell's celebration was cute, though, when he didn't do a damn thing besides catch a ball that was deflected up in the air by his teammate.
Reply/Quote
So is Bell gonna herbally medicate tonight?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: The division is yours to lose!

Rock On

Squealers are squealing Squealers and they suck and they squeal because they are squealers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Squealers are squealing Squealers and they suck and they squeal because they are squealers.

Poe?  
Reply/Quote