Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congrats to Coach Taylor
(12-28-2021, 08:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The problem is you asking to give up playbook as we are now in top 10 in offense in the league, seems reverse logic..

No I understand the situation... however if you look back on the season our success has came from big plays. 

I would much rather have an offense that can sustain drives... not something Taylor has shown he can do
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:03 PM)QueenCity Wrote: No I understand the situation... however if you look back on the season our success has came from big plays. 

I would much rather have an offense that can sustain drives... not something Taylor has shown he can do

Only 4 NFL teams avg. more yards per play than Cincy. Only 2 teams avg. more yards per point. Efficiency deluxe. Sorry but that’s impressive. With this OL Zac is getting maximum out of this offense. At the end of the year Burrow will shut up all the naysayers as he’s beginning to recognize Zac’s patience has really benefited him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:03 PM)QueenCity Wrote: No I understand the situation... however if you look back on the season our success has came from big plays. 

Last sunday there were many medium routes that went for big gains , for example boyd td was a great play design he caught that maybe 15 yds down field wide open and rolled to a TD. 

Mixon has not had great big plays this year but what has changed is many more positive plays vs fewer negative,. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope already earned it...

I tend to agree.  He has done a very good job in his first 3 years, improving each year.
Reply/Quote

Didn't we eat up 2/3 of the third quarter on Sunday?  Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: Didn't we eat up 2/3 of the third quarter on Sunday?  Mellow

I'm trying not to lump in the games vs. the Ravens as actual proof we can sustain drives if you get my drift.
Reply/Quote
When Taylor came in, I was hoping that he would be able to immediately turn a 6-10 team into a winning team again.
Alas, he had the worst two-year stretch that we've seen in the past two decades.
Because of that, I had little confidence he'd actually get to a winning record, and I was perfectly ok with moving on.

I think with him getting a winning record and sweeping both the Ravens and Steelers, Mike Brown will keep him around. At least for one more year to prove this year wasn't a fluke.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: When Taylor came in, I was hoping that he would be able to immediately turn a 6-10 team into a winning team again.
Alas, he had the worst two-year stretch that we've seen in the past two decades.
Because of that, I had little confidence he'd actually get to a winning record, and I was perfectly ok with moving on.

I think with him getting a winning record and sweeping both the Ravens and Steelers, Mike Brown will keep him around. At least for one more year to prove this year wasn't a fluke.

I also think he's earned this when you compare the Bengals record to other AFC teams. Only three teams are really bad: Jets, Jags, and Texans. I suppose the Chiefs and Titans are the elite since they have double digit win totals already. All other teams are in the same range for W/L totals. Thus, Zac has done well comparatively to his head coaching peers.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 12:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I also think he's earned this when you compare the Bengals record to other AFC teams. Only three teams are really bad: Jets, Jags, and Texans. I suppose the Chiefs and Titans are the elite since they have double digit win totals already. All other teams are in the same range for W/L totals. Thus, Zac has done well comparatively to his head coaching peers.

Not to mention that out of all the losses, the Bengals have only lost by more than 3 points in two games - CLE and LAC.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 12:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not to mention that out of all the losses, the Bengals have only lost by more than 3 points in two games - CLE and LAC.

& he can still claim he's the head coach that won the AFC North if the season pans out that way. It's looking better and better for Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 12:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & he can still claim he's the head coach that won the AFC North if the season pans out that way. It's looking better and better for Taylor.

Personally, I never gave him a shot in hell of winning the AFC North going into the season. At best, I had him winning 9 games, but I thought either BAL or CLE would have 11+ wins to lock up the division.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 12:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Personally, I never gave him a shot in hell of winning the AFC North going into the season. At best, I had him winning 9 games, but I thought either BAL or CLE would have 11+ wins to lock up the division.

I'll readily admit he's far exceeded my expectations. I thought we were about a 4 to 5 win team and that he'd be detrimental to the development of his young talent. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:34 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm trying not to lump in the games vs. the Ravens as actual proof we can sustain drives if you get my drift.

I think they do what the opponent dictates. We had clock killing drives in Vegas, and won TOP by fifteen minutes. Denver too. Did you know that we've only lost the TOP battle five times all year? NYJ, CHI, PIT 1, and BALT 1. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think they do what the opponent dictates. We had clock killing drives in Vegas, and won TOP by fifteen minutes. Denver too. Did you know that we've only lost the TOP battle five times all year? NYJ, CHI, PIT 1, and BALT 1. 

May have something to do with how fast opponents score on us as well. Our secondary isn't the greatest at stopping the pass if you haven't noticed.

I think we can twist this many different ways... but I think the point remains our slow starts in the 1st half and inability to sustain drives is a knock on the offense. Were we not bashing 3rd down calls just a couple weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 03:00 PM)QueenCity Wrote: May have something to do with how fast opponents score on us as well. Our secondary isn't the greatest at stopping the pass if you haven't noticed.

I think we can twist this many different ways... but I think the point remains our slow starts in the 1st half and inability to sustain drives is a knock on the offense. Were we not bashing 3rd down calls just a couple weeks ago.

And it’s also a sign of setting up a game plan resulting in a strong finish. That’s Football 101. and a tried and true strategy and curiously Cincy is 4th in second half points. Specifically Boyd and Burrow mentioned exactly how ZT set that up resulting in a big TD based on Boyd releasing instead of blocking on the same play earlier. Mixon broke a big run and they showed the same play but this time they faked the handoff and Boyd released. The Ravens were dead meat as they had moved the safety up and bit big time. Majestic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote