Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall
(09-17-2017, 09:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's pointless to go into details on this topic with you, it's quite obvious you have idea what is going on when it comes to immigration.    I have asked you to educate yourself in the past and even posted where to go for this information but you fail to even attempt to get educated.    You just fall back on the lazy........  we should be compassionate, so everyone feels bad over something that really they shouldn't.   It's an easy fix for illegals to get right..... they just have to want to do it.      

That sympathy would go away if anyone just looked at what was needed to be done.

Again, I have shared what is required for DACA repeatedly.  It has been ignored in favor of "we didn't don that, so no one else should".

It has been suggested that DACA is just a "free ticket" despite all the information about the conditions and the payments.

I'll freely admit I do not know the intimate details of the ins and outs of bringing someone to to this country and marrying them.  I do know that the arguments made against DACA in this thread have all ignored what DACA really is in place of emotionally based arguments based on a single personal experience.  With maybe a hint of xenophobia.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-17-2017, 09:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's pointless to go into details on this topic with you, it's quite obvious you have idea what is going on when it comes to immigration.    I have asked you to educate yourself in the past and even posted where to go for this information but you fail to even attempt to get educated.    You just fall back on the lazy........  we should be compassionate, so everyone feels bad over something that really they shouldn't.   It's an easy fix for illegals to get right..... they just have to want to do it.      

That sympathy would go away if anyone just looked at what was needed to be done.

Well we could just deport everyone here illegally to include parents of native born and our reasoning could be life's not always fair. Who could disagree with that logic? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-17-2017, 09:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, I have shared what is required for DACA repeatedly.  It has been ignored in favor of "we didn't don that, so no one else should".

It has been suggested that DACA is just a "free ticket" despite all the information about the conditions and the payments.

I'll freely admit I do not know the intimate details of the ins and outs of bringing someone to to this country and marrying them.  I do know that the arguments made against DACA in this thread have all ignored what DACA really is in place of emotionally based arguments based on a single personal experience.  With maybe a hint of xenophobia.

Rock On

Ah the old insult me and my wife.

You want to have a go at my children while you are at it?

Then call me a xenophobe haha
(09-17-2017, 09:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah the old insult me and my wife.  

You want to have a go at my children while you are at it?

Then call me a xenophobe haha

No insult intended.  It was your wife that had to go through the immigration process. correct?  That was the example you used.

I do not know the intricacies of that process.  I do know that DACA is a *different* process for people in a different situation.  And that the rules and requiremnts for that are being willfully ignored.

And I said "maybe" a hint of xenophobia.  Maybe.

Rock On
(09-17-2017, 10:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: No insult intended.  It was your wife that had to go through the immigration process. correct?  That was the example you used.

I do not know the intricacies of that process.  I do know that DACA is a *different* process for people in a different situation.  And that the rules and requiremnts for that are being willfully ignored.

And I said "maybe" a hint of xenophobia.  Maybe.

Rock On

Oh you intended an insult. At least have the courage to at least admit what you did.

DACA is unlawful. You keep going back to that as if it's a lawful thing. That's where you lose the plot.

The process for coming here is pretty simple based on your situation. Depends on your needs.

Illegals can apply and start the paperwork here and hope they don't get caught in the meantime and then go back when their interview is set. They ask you on all paperwork if you have violated any immigration laws and if you lie you will be denied when they find out. Telling the truth isn't an automatic rejection. It's based off your entire case.
(09-17-2017, 03:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: To go back, get the medical papers competed, background checks, and interview it is a month or two.    You aren't eligible for a green card until they come here on the visa.    

They can still contribute financially.   Most people do when they take a trip for a month or two.   They still pay rent, they still pay their bills, they still buy stuff on amazon.   My wife did so when she went back for 3 months.   She still contributed .   My client is still contributing when he goes to Juarez for his interview.    

The entire process is long but getting a legal visa then being able to apply for a work permit and green card is a fairly fast process.

My argument is that why does anyone get to skip all the steps that my wife and I had to do to be legal in this country?   And some have sat around for 18 years.... they could have been citizens by now.   The lack of motivation to follow the laws is troubling and should rightly raise numerous red flags.  I have zero personal feelings for them one way or the other.   I actually help people get their paperwork right who ask.

You're referencing a process that is possible because of DACA. Without it, you're barred from reentering for years if you try to go legal. 

The why this program exists is because the emphasis is on providing for people whose undocumented status was a result of their parents actions and not theirs. I see no lack of motivation to follow laws as you keep envisioning, just young people trying to find a way to make their dream happen.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-18-2017, 12:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're referencing a process that is possible because of DACA. Without it, you're barred from reentering for years if you try to go legal. 

The why this program exists is because the emphasis is on providing for people whose undocumented status was a result of their parents actions and not theirs. I see no lack of motivation to follow laws as you keep envisioning, just young people trying to find a way to make their dream happen.

Just because you were here illegally does not mean future requests for visas will be turned down. If you lie on your application and you were an overstay or just came here by hook and crook then you will be denied.

Besides..... The average age of DACA recipients is 23 and only 17% have earned a bachelor's degree or higher. Also, 21% have dropped out of high school.

Why do we need these people again?
(09-18-2017, 09:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just because you were here illegally does not mean future requests for visas will be turned down.    If you lie on your application and you were an overstay or just came here by hook and crook then you will be denied.  

Besides..... The average age of DACA recipients is 23 and only 17% have earned a bachelor's degree or higher. Also, 21% have dropped out of high school.

I wondered where those numbers came from.

Surprise:  Dailycaller.

Based on the research of a man named Roberto G. Gonzales called the National UnDACAmented Research Project.  Mellow

Anyway....

Quote:There are important (self-acknowledged) caveats to the findings: The research is based on an online survey of just over 2,000 self-described DACA-eligible respondents and about 200 follow-up interviews.

As opposed to a larger study.

Quote:From August 1, 2017 to August 20, 2017, Tom K. Wong of the University of California, San Diego; United We Dream (UWD); the National Immigration Law Center (NILC); and the Center for American Progress fielded a national survey to further analyze the economic, employment, educational, and societal experiences of DACA recipients. This is the largest study to date of DACA recipients with a sample size of 3,063 respondents in 46 states as well as the District of Columbia.

The data illustrate that DACA recipients continue to make positive and significant contributions to the economy, including earning higher wages, which translates into higher tax revenue and economic growth that benefits all Americans. In addition, DACA recipients are buying cars, purchasing their first homes, and even creating new businesses. The survey’s results also show that at least 72 percent of the top 25 Fortune 500 companies employ DACA recipients. Moreover, 97 percent of respondents are currently employed or enrolled in school.
(09-18-2017, 09:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just because you were here illegally does not mean future requests for visas will be turned down.    If you lie on your application and you were an overstay or just came here by hook and crook then you will be denied.  

Where did these numbers come from, because they don't match any source I have seen.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/immigration-facts-deferred-action-for-childhood-arrivals-daca/

http://www.newsweek.com/dreamers-daca-statistics-trump-deadline-657201

https://unitedwedream.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/DACA-report-final-1.pdf
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-18-2017, 09:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Where did these numbers come from, because they don't match any source I have seen.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/immigration-facts-deferred-action-for-childhood-arrivals-daca/

http://www.newsweek.com/dreamers-daca-statistics-trump-deadline-657201

https://unitedwedream.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/DACA-report-final-1.pdf

Look one post up...
(09-18-2017, 09:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just because you were here illegally does not mean future requests for visas will be turned down. If you lie on your application and you were an overstay or just came here by hook and crook then you will be denied.

The grass in the gated communities ain't gonna mow itself. And because employers don't want to pay minimum wage.
(09-18-2017, 10:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The grass in the gated communities ain't gonna mow itself. And because employers don't want to pay minimum wage.

Nope they won't. But citizen owned and manned lawn services will thrive as they should.
(09-18-2017, 12:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nope they won't. But citizen owned and manned lawn services will thrive as they should.

Citizen owned landscaping companies are the ones doing the hiring of the illegals.
(09-18-2017, 01:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Citizen owned landscaping companies are the ones doing the hiring of the illegals.

Hence the word manned

And there are plenty of illegals running lawn service. They come by constantly asking for your business.
(09-18-2017, 06:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hence the word manned

And there are plenty of illegals running lawn service. They come by constantly asking for your business.

When they are manned it will mean less profit for the citizens owning the landscaping businesses. That's why citizens hire them.

I've never encountered a single company owned by an illegal alien. Maybe I should start checking IDs like you apparently.
(09-19-2017, 09:26 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When they are manned it will mean less profit for the citizens owning the landscaping businesses. That's why citizens hire them.

I've never encountered a single company owned by an illegal alien. Maybe I should start checking IDs like you apparently.

Come on down to south Florida. Lawn services come and need their children to translate for them as they try and pitch their service. Plus their rates are a good 25-30% lower than the lowest competitor and they ask for cash payments.
(09-19-2017, 02:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Come on down to south Florida. Lawn services come and need their children to translate for them as they try and pitch their service. Plus their rates are a good 25-30% lower than the lowest competitor and they ask for cash payments.

Come on up to Georgia. You can check IDs.