Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cooley believes Marvin will retire at the end of the season
I already posted this yesterday and it's in the Marvin Lewis section
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stop and think about it.

Why the hell would Marvin Lewis give up millions of dollars and end his career on a low note?

I am betting that Marvin is super motivated to get back to winning next season.  All of these coaches have huge egos and hate to lose more than anything.

Unfortunately, this is the most likely scenario.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
A season too late.
Reply/Quote
When I look for real inside knowledge of the Bengals, I turn to a former player who has no known connection to the organization and cites an unnamed source on his little known (outside of another market's fan base) talk show. Not beat reporters who talk with staff on a daily basis. Not former coaches for the team. Not current players who can't help but post everything they do on social media.

Mellow

Seriously, if Marvin was cleaning out his office, do you guys think Cincy media wouldn't have reported it? Former players like Chad Johnson wouldn't have caught wind from old teammates and already let the cat out? People are hearing what they want to hear.

As was said in the other Cooley thread, it makes no sense for Marvin to retire when he can get paid millions to just show up next year and — most likely — finish with a winning season. That would have been like Ben Affleck retiring after Daredevil when he knows if he hangs out long enough, Matt Damon would get him another decent gig. Damon did, Affleck didn't have to start doing television sitcoms; likewise, a healthy Bengals and decent coaching staff will bail Marvin out in 2017 so he doesn't have to go coach in college.
Reply/Quote
Too good to be true, and if it is then front office told him to retire after the year to leave gracefully because its FINALLY time for a HC change.

Again, I'll believe it when I see it!
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't surprise me if Guenther moved on to DC in all honesty. While he may stay for a HC job, that's not guaranteed and apparently he and Jay Gruden are very good friends.

I was never a fan of Guenther being our DC. Granted, he had an amazing year in 2015. I will give him all the credit in the world for that.

But I would be in favor of him moving on to DC. And obviously we all know how I feel about Marvin and Zampese.

My dream/somewhat possible scenario is Marvin retires. Zampese is demoted back to QB coach (this one appears very possible). And Guenther moves to DC.

Then bring in Vance Joseph as HC. Norv Turner as OC (because he still wants to coach). And Gus Bradley as DC.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd love it if Marvin stepped down after the season, but we know that isn't going to happen.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm with you on the Offensive minded HC.

To the op I don't think Marvin will retire. I believe him when he says he wants to stick around to ensure his son the opportunities to move up the coaching ranks.

I hope Guenther stays, just not as HC.

it could be one of those situations were RETIRING is how we let him out gracefully.
Reply/Quote
It might help our LB play to move Haslett to HC.
Reply/Quote
Just for fun...

On September 14th, Oddshark had Jeff Fisher listed as most likely to be fired. He was canned December 12th.

On October 26th, Gus Bradley assumed the top position. Bradley was fired on December 18th.

On December 19th, they listed Rex Ryan is the top spot to be canned. Rex Ryan is unemployed as of today.

With Ryan now off the list, Marvin (who was listed 2nd behind Ryan) should now assume the #1 slot.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 05:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just for fun...

On September 14th, Oddshark had Jeff Fisher listed as most likely to be fired. He was canned December 12th.

On October 26th, Gus Bradley assumed the top position. Bradley was fired on December 18th.

On December 19th, they listed Rex Ryan is the top spot to be canned. Rex Ryan is unemployed as of today.

With Ryan now off the list, Marvin (who was listed 2nd behind Ryan) should now assume the #1 slot.  Ninja

Well it looks like Marvin will break that cycle.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He needs to go

the team will implode/waste all of another season in 2017 if he is not replaced.

Please Mike Brown, after how many years of the same crap, bring in a top coach, pay him the bucks, and give him authority to hire his own staff.

Everything is too familiar/no accountability with Bengals coaching staff.

Need new idea, more emotion, and higher expectations.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let me guess. Cooley has absolutely no source for this and is just making a random guess.

Said he had a source within the organization.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote