Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn
I wouldn't want this POS on the roster if he agreed to play for the league minimum.

It would be absolutely insanity if this team pays him 9+ mil next year. This loser faked and dragged out concussion symptoms for like 12 weeks, to the point of us having to withhold play. He was rumored to have almost come to blows with a coach, and had a screaming fit with Taylor. Not to at all mention that he's under-performed that 9 mil valuation.

Cut bait NOW! You cannot allow a cancer like this to polute your locker-room. It sends a terrible message, both in-house and to the fan-base. That money is better served being spent elsewhere, even without everything I just mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 12:04 PM)spazz70 Wrote: So last year he was inserted at LG with Williams at LT making possibly a formidable left side of the line..  he has a high salary but we have a low salary LT with, hopefully, Jonah coming back healthy.  IF Glenn is still wanting to play would this option be open again this year?  Draft a RT and the only open spot would maybe be RG.....  Thoughts?

He would be trying his hardest on a contract year
Reply/Quote
If he was malingering with concussion symptoms last season like many here believe, they should cut him and apply the cap savings elsewhere.

If he had a concussion that recalcitrant to treatment he is at an increased risk for future concussions so they should cut him and apply the cap savings elsewhere.

The only reason he should still be on the roster is for a potential trade to get something in return instead of outright releasing him.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think it was just a coincidence that the Olinr starter playing substantially better when flern came back. Especially in pass pro.
Reply/Quote
I see a few fans hoping for a trade, as that would be the most positive an outcome we Bengal fans could hope for. Unfortunately, I can't envision any well run organization taking on that salary, for what little he has to offer.

With a trade being more of a "wishful thinking" type of option, I think the best we can realistically hope for is for Cordy Glenn to simply be released. After that entire "injury" episode last season, I have trouble understanding why he wasn't given his full release the day after the season was completed. (I put injury in quotes, as I find myself skeptical as to the validity of that 12 weeks of sitting out)

It's just my opinion, but cutting ties with Cordy Glenn would likely be healthy for the team to fully buy into going a new direction. The OT selection in this draft class seems to have a fair number of promising prospects, compared to other recent drafts. None of us are thrilled with Bobby Hart, but in reality he don't cost so much that if he gets beaten out by a rookie, that it would be financially painful to have him on the bench. I'd like to see the Bengals pick up a good Guard in free agency, no washed-up, bandaid on a shotgun blast types, but a true, proven professional Offensive Guard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I see no logical reason why the Bengals would keep Glenn. There’s bad blood between Glenn and the team over his supposed concussion. If Glenn really did milk the concussion then that’s a reason not to keep him and if he really suffered the concussion why would you wanna keep a guy that’s one hit away from probably missing an entire season. We have a LT in Williams and the last time Glenn played guard was 10 years ago at the university of Georgia. Plus at 9.5 million I wound rather cut him and put the money towards a good guard. When the concussion thing came out David Lapham talked on a podcast with Lance McAlister about how coaches in Buffalo questioned Glenn’s work ethic and his love for the game. I have no issue with the trade even tho it didn’t work out. The Bengals were aggressive and tried to make the team better with other options then the draft, something then need to do more off.
Reply/Quote
Fred Johnson makes Glenn expendiable.
Johnson outplayed Glenn in a 2 game stretch better
Than any 2 games Glenn had back to back
Reply/Quote
I don’t know if he is worth the $9.5 million, but I think the line as it is is better with him than without him, but something really seemed off with his refusal to play last year. I have to believe the team knows whether or not his sitting out was legit. If it wasn’t legit then no way you can keep him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Some of us seem to be really thinking that Johnson is the real deal. We have a pretty small sample size 9n him. I remember Ringo being pretty popular this time last year. I'm not even sure what happened to him after training camp.

Anyway... I could take or leave Glenn. He seemed to fake a concussion, but the line was noticably better with him. Who are we replacing him with?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 01:24 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Low effort guy. Cut him or trade him for whatever you can get.

This..  :andy:

There's gotta be someone better, at a better price out there. Willing to take a risk.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 08:51 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: This..  :andy:

There's gotta be someone better, at a better price out there. Willing to take a risk.

Well, when's the last time we've seen the Bengals sign a low tier guy that actually worked out and made the team better?

I have memories of letting Joseph walk and then replacing him by spending more money on Jason Allen and Nate Clements.  Granted there are several other reasons to let Glenn go, but being able to replace him with someone we get via free agency isn't one of them.

If anything, I'm keeping him thru training camp to at least make sure we have a suitable replacement.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 04:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wouldn't want this POS on the roster if he agreed to play for the league minimum.

It would be absolutely insanity if this team pays him 9+ mil next year. This loser faked and dragged out concussion symptoms for like 12 weeks, to the point of us having to withhold play. He was rumored to have almost come to blows with a coach, and had a screaming fit with Taylor. Not to at all mention that he's under-performed that 9 mil valuation.

Cut bait NOW! You cannot allow a cancer like this to polute your locker-room. It sends a terrible message, both in-house and to the fan-base. That money is better served being spent elsewhere, even without everything I just mentioned.
Absolutely 101% spot on. Getting rid of him yesterday is not fast enough...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 12:04 PM)spazz70 Wrote: So last year he was inserted at LG with Williams at LT making possibly a formidable left side of the line..  he has a high salary but we have a low salary LT with, hopefully, Jonah coming back healthy.  IF Glenn is still wanting to play would this option be open again this year?  Draft a RT and the only open spot would maybe be RG.....  Thoughts?

We have no idea if Jonah Williams will be a good LT. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Not all of the NFL teams even rated Williams as a LT.

With OL being so weak as it is the team should not pass on a good OT prospect in this draft. Remember we still have Bobby Hart listed as the starting RT.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 04:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wouldn't want this POS on the roster if he agreed to play for the league minimum.

Wow, didn't know it all came to that. Trade him and get what we can, I DO remember Glenn wanting to be traded.

Do it then.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see a few fans hoping for a trade, as that would be the most positive an outcome we Bengal fans could hope for.  Unfortunately, I can't envision any well run organization taking on that salary, for what little he has to offer.

With a trade being more of a "wishful thinking" type of option, I think the best we can realistically hope for is for Cordy Glenn to simply be released.  After that entire "injury" episode last season, I have trouble understanding why he wasn't given his full release the day after the season was completed.  (I put injury in quotes, as I find myself skeptical as to the validity of that 12 weeks of sitting out)

It's just my opinion, but cutting ties with Cordy Glenn would likely be healthy for the team to fully buy into going a new direction.  The OT selection in this draft class seems to have a fair number of promising prospects, compared to other recent drafts.  None of us are thrilled with Bobby Hart, but in reality he don't cost so much that if he gets beaten out by a rookie, that it would be financially painful to have him on the bench.  I'd like to see the Bengals pick up a good Guard in free agency, no washed-up, bandaid on a shotgun blast types, but a true, proven professional Offensive Guard.

Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 09:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, when's the last time we've seen the Bengals sign a low tier guy that actually worked out and made the team better?

I have memories of letting Joseph walk and then replacing him by spending more money on Jason Allen and Nate Clements.  Granted there are several other reasons to let Glenn go, but being able to replace him with someone we get via free agency isn't one of them.

If anything, I'm keeping him thru training camp to at least make sure we have a suitable replacement.

Nate Clements wasn't all bad for us. Also J-Joe was a spendy FA, but he was a team player.

Jonah is coming back this Offseason and I think we ought to use Glenn's money for a true Guard or RT. 

Like I said before, Glenn is neither and has never played on the right side of the Line.

You keep Glenn through TC and I think we might be creating a problem with his weird actions last season.

Dude, Glenn is the softest big O-lineman I have ever seen in the run game that gets paid as much as he does!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 09:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, when's the last time we've seen the Bengals sign a low tier guy that actually worked out and made the team better?

Yeah, Mike Brown's idea of a suitable replacement is the first semi-warm body he uncovers in an NFL dumpster. Nate Clements wasn't bad, but he was at the tail end of his career and certainly didn't have JJoe's speed. Bobby Hart was little more than a marginal backup player given a 3 year deal to start.

Mike Brown would rather overpay a player he's comfortable with than bring in a key guy who's going to make the team better. We've seen it time and time again.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 11:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, Mike Brown's idea of a suitable replacement is the first semi-warm body he uncovers in an NFL dumpster. Nate Clements wasn't bad, but he was at the tail end of his career and certainly didn't have JJoe's speed. Bobby Hart was little more than a marginal backup player given a 3 year deal to start.

Mike Brown would rather overpay a player he's comfortable with than bring in a key guy who's going to make the team better. We've seen it time and time again.

All true Chris. Mellow
Reply/Quote
No thanks to Cordy Glenn. He can't stay healthy.
He's past his prime. His money can be used elsewhere
To help upgrade this roster
Memo to the Cordy Fan Club..we drafted WillIams
For a reason. The Bills traded him for a reason.
If a team us willing to Trade a LT....that's not good
He got paid alot in Cincy and did little to earn it.
Reply/Quote

Aren't contracts fully guaranteed after the first day of free agency? If so Glenn may be in concussion protocol the next day. The problem is you don't usually find LTs who are any good in FA. Getting better along the line is going to be harder to do if you let him walk.
Reply/Quote