Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cordy Glenn to be released today

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:20 PM)Okeana Wrote:  

I approved this message.
Reply/Quote
Sucks they could not get anything via trade for him. Heck I would have been happy with a 7th rounder as opposed to nothing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
It's a shame he didn't work out here, he was one of our better lineman when he played, but he was a malcontent here. I can see why the Bengals couldn't trade him, his biggest problem is between his ears.
Reply/Quote
Great but... Why did the front office even tip their cap and say they would trade him or release him a few weeks ago? Did they honestly believe some organization would rather make a trade for Glenn over waiting for the Bengals to release him?
Reply/Quote
Good move for everyone, frees up like 9.5 mil.

I like my Lineman physical and mean, Glenn was just way too soft in the running game for my liking.

Wasn't like he was going to all of a sudden get nasty moving to Guard.

Lets sign Glasgow or Feiler next week would be my move.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals' highest graded O-lineman last year.
Reply/Quote
Hope they spend it on a better lineman
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:34 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The Bengals' highest graded O-lineman last year.

And a malcontent and soft in the running game, good pass blocker though and it took him like half the season to play a game 
after a concussion. Never seen such a big guy be so soft in the run game. He has no place on this team with Jonah coming back
and being the LT, Glenn couldn't play on the right side of the Line, etc.

So many reasons for cutting Glenn.
Reply/Quote
Well (hopefully) at least they tried to trade him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Great but... Why did the front office even tip their cap and say they would trade him or release him a few weeks ago? Did they honestly believe some organization would rather make a trade for Glenn over waiting for the Bengals to release him?

To give any interested team the upper hand before a potential bidding war happens via FA. Same with AD.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Good riddance to get another o line fix that turned out to be a flop. Now what?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And a malcontent and soft in the running game, good pass blocker though and it took him like half the season to play a game 
after a concussion. Never seen such a big guy be so soft in the run game. He has no place on this team with Jonah coming back
and being the LT, Glenn couldn't play on the right side of the Line, etc.

So many reasons for cutting Glenn.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with cutting him.

I just hope that the Bengals don't think that that is all they need to do on the O-line.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good riddance to get another o line fix that turned out to be a flop.  Now what?

[Image: drinking-friends-meme.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Go be fat and useless somewhere else, asshole
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:31 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sucks they could not get anything via trade for him.  Heck I would have been happy with a 7th rounder as opposed to nothing.

No one wanted that Contract he has...   Hell a 2023 7th would have been better than nothing.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good riddance to get another o line fix that turned out to be a flop.  Now what?

Seriously though, remember when we thought we got two good lineman with this trade by adding Price?

Lalala
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:04 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Oh, I'm not disagreeing with cutting him.

I just hope that the Bengals don't think that that is all they need to do on the O-line.

Im sure its not But it clears up about 9 mil ahead of Free Agency...  9 mil which could go towards another OL person that will actually play for his paycheck
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Seriously though, remember when we thought we got two good lineman with this trade by adding Price?

Lalala

Well Glenn was a upgrade over Ced.. no matter how you look at it.
Reply/Quote