Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Babe Didrikson
(06-14-2016, 10:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: Exactly.

At least Babe wasn't "thick".

Yes we know you like them thick/thicker than most.  
(06-14-2016, 02:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes we know you like them thick/thicker than most.  

Wow.  Brilliant.

[Image: a1474870c489753f61a58c500d8f037e.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-14-2016, 09:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: You took every word of that response and lied about it.

Good job.

If Daniel was still reading my posts I'm sure he'd be defending you to.

Solid post.  ©

Who is daniel? 

And I didn't lie about anything... For some reason you tried and failed about making the greatest female athlete of all time life about being gay.    Because you read a Wikipedia page.   It's not my fault if you wish to stay ignorant on the matter.   

You tried to make this about babe being ugly and into sports = lesbian.    Maybe it's your desire to prop up the gay issue by trying to take down someone I respect.    If you really want to know about her then read her biography.  Instead of grasping at straws

Or continue to make stuff up as you go.    Like I said this thread is a firecracker that went off in your hand.   
(06-14-2016, 02:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who is daniel? 

And I didn't lie about anything... For some reason you tried and failed about making the greatest female athlete of all time life about being gay.    Because you read a Wikipedia page.   It's not my fault if you wish to stay ignorant on the matter.   

You tried to make this about babe being ugly and into sports = lesbian.    Maybe it's your desire to prop up the gay issue by trying to take down someone I respect.    If you really want to know about her then read her biography.  Instead of grasping at straws

Or continue to make stuff up as you go.    Like I said this thread is a firecracker that went off in your hand.   

Daniel Webster?  They guy who know the proper definition of every word and how it should be used on this message board?

You've met him.

Anyway, back to "making stuff up".

This whole thread was started because it amused me that you used a woman who meets exactly zero of your requirements for a "proper" woman in a thread about a transgender boy competing against girls in high school...and losing.

I selected so highlights to show how we ended up on the lesbian track.

Please try to keep up and re-read with an open mind:

(06-07-2016, 05:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lucy's refrence to her got me thinking:

She would be consider, by folks who agree with Lucy, as a "proper" woman.

In fact she would be the exact kind of woman those of a certain mindset would rail against for destroying the idea of what a woman "should" be.

She competed against boys, boxed, didn't care for men and lived out her life with a younger female "friend".

The kind of person who would and should be lauded for her abilities would still be shunned and shamed by some folks because she wasn't "feminine" enough.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Babe_Didrikson_Zaharias.aspx

I find it humorous that she would be used as an example of how women would be against transgender or men playing in their sports.

(06-08-2016, 01:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you made a thread about BD to teach me?   What about?   Seems you just tried to make this to try and make me out to be anti women's sports.    Or was it to call me a racist .... Wait that was your mate that tried that ... 

If you want to teach me something about BD you will have to come with more info.    

(06-08-2016, 01:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: ...sigh...

I made the thread because I found it amusing that you used Babe as an example of how women would get run out of women's sports by transgenders while she was an example of a woman who COULD compete with (and defeat) men.

Also she is an example of one of those "improper" women you've gone on about in other threads.

The teaching moment came when I provided examples of great female athletes who lived in the last 60+ years.

Do try and keep up.

(06-08-2016, 01:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: BD never denied being a woman. 

(06-08-2016, 02:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: But she didn't "act" like one.  Mellow

(06-08-2016, 04:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I do know a lot about her.   She is homely, but she never denied she was a woman.   She was actually proud to be a woman despite her struggles to be taken serious as a female athlete.    She could have taken the easy way out and claimed to be a man.   But then she doesn't have a mental illness.   

(06-08-2016, 10:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's a shame is that there would be zero chance for a Babe Didrikson today.   In school she would have never been teased or bullied.... Which pushed her to compete with anyone on anything.    She would have also been told in school she was a boy and gone under radical hormone treatment basically making anyone afraid to push her.   She would have grown up soft instead of the edge she developed.

(06-09-2016, 02:08 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: At least I wouldn't a allow radical hormone therapy on my child because she was a tomboy.   

And kids today hide behind all these no tolerance things that pretending they are the opposite sex because it basically makes them bulletproof to teasing.   

And I have said numerous times I have no problem with my kids being bullied.   I would love to see how they problem solve and react.    It's a valuable life lesson.   

Here's where I proposed that she could have been a lesbian.

(06-09-2016, 04:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The shame of all this is that babe and her husband were never able to have children.

(06-11-2016, 08:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Probably because she was either an lesbian or because her hormones were all screwed up from all those sports.

Her parents should have stopped her.

Here is where you tried to pretend that gay people never got married.

(06-11-2016, 10:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She was happily married to her husband.   Explain how that makes her a lesbian?  

If you read my post earlier you would see what I think why we wouldn't have a Babe Didrikson Today.  

(06-11-2016, 10:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you read the first post (the one you responded that you knew all about her to):

But I bet no gay person ever got married to hide their sexuality, huh?  Especially in the 30's!

Hilarious

You'll note I never said she was a lesbian.  I said could have been, probably was.  All based on her life and her actions.  Except the whole getting married thing...

(06-11-2016, 10:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Could've been.  Probably was a lesbian and had a hormonal problem that clearly her parents allowed just so she could compete at sports.

(06-12-2016, 01:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So despite the fact that she and george tried desperately to have children...   Was the owners and managers of the golf course that they lived on in Tampa....  Had another pro golfer stay with them that happened to be friends.     

Yeah that's definetly a lesbian scenario. Lol.  Couldn't be that they were the owners of a pro level course that lived there and you know ..... She was the greatest female athlete of all time lol.    

Your answer is lesbians lol.   No one knows for sure but there is a lot of coincidence.   She and george were very close.   You should read her biography.   

And you agreed with me in that bold sentence above.

Let me copy it again:

Quote: No one knows for sure but there is a lot of coincidence.

Now you can get back on to the original post which says that someone like Babe, today, would be scorned by you for trying to be a "tomboy" and not looking "feminine enough" or you can continue to argue if she was a lesbian or not when no really cares why she didn't have children except you.

Rock On
Dear God. You put all this work in to show me eh lol

All you are doing is making your fail more of a spectacle.
(06-14-2016, 03:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dear God.   You put all this work in to show me eh lol

All you are doing is making your fail more of a spectacle.

Oh, I knew you'd never read anything that proved you wrong or challenged you already made up opinion.

It's just fun to show how bad you are at this.

Want to get back to the original point or continue to go down the road of just sticking your fingers in your ears and telling me I'm a failure?
(06-14-2016, 03:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, I knew you'd never read anything that proved you wrong or challenged you already made up opinion.

It's just fun to show how bad you are at this.

Want to get back to the original point or continue to go down the road of just sticking your fingers in your ears and telling me I'm a failure?

You have no background knowledge of this woman except what you found on Wikipedia.  

Slow your roll.  
Quote:Last years[edit]
Zaharias had her greatest year in 1950 when she completed the Grand Slam of the three women's majors of the day: the U.S. Open, the Titleholders Championship, and the Women's Western Open, a feat which made her the leader on the money list that year. Also that year, she reached 10 wins faster than any other LPGA golfer, doing so in one year and 20 days, a record that still stands. She was the leading money-winner again in 1951, and in 1952 took another major with a Titleholders victory, but illness prevented her from playing a full schedule in 1952-53. This did not stop her from becoming the fastest player to reach 20 wins (two years and four months).

She was a close friend of fellow golfer Betty Dodd. According to Susan Cayleff's biography Babe, Dodd was quoted as to saying "I had such admiration for this fabulous person [Zaharias]. I loved her. I would have done anything for her."[13] They met in a 1950 amateur golf tournament in Miami and became close almost immediately. "As Didrikson's marriage grew increasingly troubled, she spent more time with Dodd. The women toured together on the golf circuit, and eventually Dodd moved in with Zaharias and Didrikson. Victims of the homophobia of the times, they never used the word "lesbian" to describe their relationship, but there is little doubt that Dodd and Didrikson were intimate and loving partners
People suck
(06-15-2016, 03:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You have no background knowledge of this woman except what you found on Wikipedia.  

Slow your roll.  

Oh of course not...I've lived in such a sports shell I could never be as knowledgeable as you!   Sarcasm