Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Coughlin has came out swinging against AJ
Has anyone in the Bengals FO came to his defense? I haven't checked the website.

Players must love Couphlin after that statement. Marvin quick to defend Burfict to the media. Hopefully he responds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Has anyone in the Bengals FO came to his defense? I haven't checked the website.

Players must love Couphlin after that statement. Marvin quick to defend Burfict to the media. Hopefully he responds.

Care to tell those of us with limited internect use at work what Coughlin (or "Couphlin") said?

Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Coughlin's statement seems more about defending his own player, rather than going after AJ.

"I want to voice my support for Jalen Ramsey following the incident in our game on Sunday," Coughlin said in a statement. "Our players are instructed to not retaliate or get involved or do anything that would result in eviction because that would hurt the team. Team comes first, and Jalen was trying to not hurt his team. While he did push his opponent — something that happened with other players during the game — he did not retaliate, he threw no punches, and he did not fight back.

"Jalen was doing what Coach (Doug) Marrone has instructed him to do — which is to play tough, be physical and to make every play difficult for his opponent. There was banter going back and forth during the game, but Jalen was playing football within the rules."

Having said that, I'll still take AJ's word about Ramsey's cheap shots.
Reply/Quote
*BREAKING NEWS*
Cantankerous old man says cantankerous old man things. Film at 11!

I'm only seeing Coughlin's comments on PFT and it seems all he's saying is in defense of Ramsey, nothing about A.J. But still, of course he's going to be mad someone tried to choke out his 2nd year budding shutdown corner. Those don't grow on trees, especially not in Jacksonville.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I viewed Coughlin's statement as more of defending his own player, rather than going after AJ.

"I want to voice my support for Jalen Ramsey following the incident in our game on Sunday," Coughlin said in a statement. "Our players are instructed to not retaliate or get involved or do anything that would result in eviction because that would hurt the team. Team comes first, and Jalen was trying to not hurt his team. While he did push his opponent — something that happened with other players during the game — he did not retaliate, he threw no punches, and he did not fight back.

"Jalen was doing what Coach (Doug) Marrone has instructed him to do — which is to play tough, be physical and to make every play difficult for his opponent. There was banter going back and forth during the game, but Jalen was playing football within the rules."

Interested to see which rule allows Ramsey to hit Green in the back after the whistle according to Coughlin. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Interested to see which rule allows Ramsey to hit Green in the back after the whistle according to Coughlin. 

Yeah, earlier Malik Jackson referred to AJ's actions as 'cowardly' - yet never mentioned Ramsey's push in the back.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Interested to see which rule allows Ramsey to hit Green in the back after the whistle according to Coughlin. 

Apparently to Coughlin, it's ok to push/shove someone from behind in that manner. To me, that's initiating a fight.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Apparently to Coughlin, it's ok to push/shove someone from behind in that manner. To me, that's initiating a fight.

It didn't draw a flag, so I guess in Coughlin's mind that means it's "within the rules".
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, earlier Malik Jackson referred to AJ's actions as 'cowardly' - yet never mentioned Ramsey's push in the back. 

Real cowards are very quick to call out someone else's supposed cowardice and ignore their own....(in this case "own" is for the Jags as a whole)

(11-07-2017, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Apparently to Coughlin, it's ok to push/shove someone from behind in that manner. To me, that's initiating a fight.

He's just old school brah. 
No one fought in old school football! lol
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It didn't draw a flag, so I guess in Coughlin's mind that means it's "within the rules".

I hope that is his logic so I can ask, "Hey Tom, in The Last Boy Scout, that guy shot like 10 people on the field and they didn't throw a flag. Do you think that's within the rules?"
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I hope that is his logic so I can ask, "Hey Tom, in The Last Boy Scout, that guy shot like 10 people on the field and they didn't throw a flag. Do you think that's within the rules?"

Like Coughlin watches movies. Dude's so old, he bought his tickets to Handel's Messiah from George Handel himself!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Real cowards are very quick to call out someone else's supposed cowardice and ignore their own....(in this case "own" is for the Jags as a whole)

He's just old school brah. 
No one fought in old school football! lol

I wonder if Coughlin thinks the Steelers are just "tough and physical" and not dirty...from the sound of his philosophy, I bet he doesn't find them dirty at all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Like Coughlin watches movies. Dude's so old, he bought his tickets to Handel's Messiah from George Handel himself!

Dammit, you owe me a cup of coffee and a new keyboard Phil!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Dammit, you owe me a cup of coffee and a new keyboard Phil!  Hilarious

No problem. Just send me your address, bank's routing number, accounting number, social security number, telephone number and your favorite number and I'll make sure you get the money. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Tom Coughlin:
"Jalen was doing what Coach (Doug) Marrone has instructed him to do — which is to hit players when they aren't looking, talk a bunch of smack and then complain to the refs when someone gets tired of their crap. Anyone seen my Geritol? Damn it, Eli, where's my ****ing Geritol!?"
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Coughlin's statement seems more about defending his own player, rather than going after AJ.

Oh yeah, Tom?  Then why did your punk get ejected?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Tom Coughdrop
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Coughlin's statement seems more about defending his own player, rather than going after AJ.

I'll say what I would have said if any player on any other team had did it.  AJ Green acted like a Thug, a Mug, a Pug, a Criminal.  AJ Green normally is not like this.  I guess everybody has their bad moments.  The only defense for AJ Green is it is a first time as far as I know.  It's not like he acts this way every week.  Maybe his first offense will keep him from getting suspended longer.   AJ Green should be ashamed of himself.  He did not live up to his team leader role in this game.  I really can't say much for Bengals fans who saw it and come to the defense of AJ Green just because he is on the Bengals.   My hope is this is a one time incident and not a new direction AJ Green is going in, because the direction is downhill.  My hope is AJ Green regrets losing his mind on that play, and returns to being a team and NFL leader of higher and better standards of play.   He is better than this.   I certainly will not support or defend his actions on that play, but I do hope it is a one time thing and he learns from it and gets back to the decent player and team leader he has normally been.  I know some fans think our Bengals should be allowed cheap plays, but I am not one of them.  I have a feeling AJ Green is becoming frustrated with how bad this team has became. He never played for THE BUNGLES. Other players in the past became frustrated on and off the field when the team became THE BUNGLES. This is no excuse though, and I hope AJ Green returns to being a decent player and team leader. I know he has been becoming frustrated with how bad THE BUNGLES are, but he is better than his actions Sunday. There is no defense for AJ Green Sunday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 06:16 PM)McC Wrote: Oh yeah, Tom?  Then why did your punk get ejected?

Exactly what I was thinking. You don't get ejected for being the one getting your ass kicked unless you deserved it....
Reply/Quote
I find it interesting that Tom says Jalen was coached not to retaliate...

From what I seen on the field Ramsey had no chance AJ had him dead to rights and it looked more like Ramsey was trying to get the hell away...When Ramsey did have a chance to do anything about it he was screaming profanities at the Bengals locker room while being "held back" by security.

Tom...Tom that doesn't look like maturity to me...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote