Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Taylor's end be sooner than later?
Interesting as SI writes that the front office has questioned his offensive strategy. Calling Taylor the "fall guy" for Burrow's demise seems like a polite way of saying that it's the beginning of the end for Zac Taylor in Cincinnati.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-future-rumor

Quote:"According to folks around the league, the Bengals know they have to build a better offensive line to protect their star quarterback. I've also heard that some in the Cincinnati front office have questioned Taylor's offensive strategy," Miller wrote. "They think he left Burrow in a dangerous position as he was asked to hold the ball in the pocket too long behind a bad offensive line instead of adjusting his scheme to get the ball out faster. Taylor could ultimately be the fall guy for Burrow's injury, especially since the team was won only four of his 27 games as a head coach."

Edit: I've been away for a few days, I'll gladly merge this if it's already been posted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Fall guy is a weird way to word someone being held accountable for their terrible performance.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Couldn’t figure out how to use the fastest guy in the league. Chased the teams career sack leader out of town and couldn’t figure out how to use him. Worse backup QB situation in the league even though we traded up for one and carried three on the roster all last year. Opened more holes on the roster than have been fixed over the last two years.

Dude is a position coach. Not a head coach
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting as SI writes that the front office has questioned his offensive strategy.  Calling Taylor the "fall guy" for Burrow's demise seems like a polite way of saying that it's the beginning of the end for Zac Taylor in Cincinnati.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-future-rumor

Edit:  I've been away for a few days, I'll gladly merge this if it's already been posted.

The only "some" in the front office are Tobin and people with the last name Brown.  If the family's confidence is waning, Zac is in deep shit.  I'll go out on a limb and guess that Mikey is the one that's getting pissed.  Mikey is an epically bad owner from a historical perspective, but he's not a complete fool.  He also loves his shiny offensive weapons like no other part of the team.

He and the family have to understand that Burrow is/was the ticket out of the doghouse with the city and fanbase.  Joe is highly likable, high profile, and pretty damn good at football.  All of the crap that the national media talked about them just seemed to be proven true with this injury.  I'd almost be surprised if they weren't irate with Taylor's handling of his rookie year.  They got the best toy under the tree last Christmas and soon had the privilege of watching the dude they gave more control than they've ever given anyone let it get smashed to pieces.  

Get mad, Mikey, get real mad.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Couldn’t figure out how to use the fastest guy in the league. Chased the teams career sack leader out of town and couldn’t figure out how to use him. Worse backup QB situation in the league even though we traded up for one and carried three on the roster all last year. Opened more holes on the roster than have been fixed over the last two years.

Fastest guy in the league looks like a quitter and lazy receiver. Also, Dunlap was the quitter. The rest of what you say is pretty spot on. Regardless, Zacs not going anywhere until after year 3. This organization does not like to be wrong. Unlike many, I have a little faith in the guy. But very little. Kinda like the elephant hanging from his trunk to a dandelion to keep from falling off a cliff. 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:27 PM)samhain Wrote: The only "some" in the front office are Tobin and people with the last name Brown.  If the family's confidence is waning, Zac is in deep shit.  I'll go out on a limb and guess that Mikey is the one that's getting pissed.  Mikey is an epically bad owner from a historical perspective, but he's not a complete fool.  He also loves his shiny offensive weapons like no other part of the team.

He and the family have to understand that Burrow is/was the ticket out of the doghouse with the city and fanbase.  Joe is highly likable, high profile, and pretty damn good at football.  All of the crap that the national media talked about them just seemed to be proven true with this injury.  I'd almost be surprised if they weren't irate with Taylor's handling of his rookie year.  They got the best toy under the tree last Christmas and soon had the privilege of watching the dude they gave more control than they've ever given anyone let it get smashed to pieces.  

Get mad, Mikey, get real mad.

I agree.  It's starting to look like Zac has really embarrassed them in the worst way possible.  

I'm just hoping that this latest public humiliation will lead them to understand that it's finally time to hire an actual GM, and turn football operations over to a professional football mind.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fall guy is a weird way to word someone being held accountable for their terrible performance.

One could argue that Turner and Anarumo need replaced before Taylor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Couldn’t figure out how to use the fastest guy in the league. Chased the teams career sack leader out of town and couldn’t figure out how to use him. Worse backup QB situation in the league even though we traded up for one and carried three on the roster all last year. Opened more holes on the roster than have been fixed over the last two years.

Dunlap didn't end up as the career sack leader. That's still held by Eddie Edwards at 83.5 sacks.
Dunlap ended up 1.0 sack short.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Dorsey and Biememy are the only 2 that can rescue
This diaster called the SS Taylor headed for the Tobin Iceberg
Reply/Quote
Taylor is a moron. I noticed in that game they were going deep more than usual. Which is dangerous to do when your left guard is so dumb he throws his guy into the plant leg after getting bulled for 5 yards. I get throwing a lot because you can't run, but going deep often was just dumb.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree.  It's starting to look like Zac has really embarrassed them in the worst way possible.  

I'm just hoping that this latest public humiliation will lead them to understand that it's finally time to hire an actual GM, and turn football operations over to a professional football mind.

It's either that or back to the old Bengal Way of doing business.  I hope it isn't a return to form for them.  

Mike was said to have favored other candidates during the hiring process.  Zac was a Duke, Troy, and Katie hire.  Right now, I'd say pumpkin and the marry for money dude have some explaining to do as far as dad is concerned.  

You know things have gone sideways when you're hoping for Mike Brown to intervene as the almighty voice of reason, yet here we are.  

Zac Taylor began as the face of their New Dey campaign.  His status as such ended the day they lost to Miami and locked down the number 1 overall and Joe Burrow was all but a lock to be the face of the franchise.  He's more important than any coach or player when it comes to dragging this club out of the gutter, and everyone in that building is well aware of that fact.  If a coach can't keep him upright and on the field on Sunday, then he's useless/detrimental to what the franchise needs.  He needs to pay price for what happened and also for the historically abundant failure even by Bengal standards.  
Reply/Quote
The FO should be pissed at this clown. They spent a fortune in FA, and drafted him a stud QB and yet he still only has 2 wins.

They have their own issues (not doing enough for the OL) to be held accountable for, but this team should absolutely have more than 2 wins.

Reply/Quote
Could getting smoked by the Dolphins, which wouldn't surprise me, do it ?
Reply/Quote
I find it almost impossible for Zac to find another job after he inevitably gets canned. Who would hire him? Even as a positions coach? He’s got the worst track record I can think of, everywhere he’s been employed pretty much.
Reply/Quote
I think Zac Turner’s only chance is not getting swept by the AFC North. So...
Reply/Quote
If they are going to do it they have to do it right and get rid of Tobin (as everyone has said).

If Tobin stay, I'll still have doubts a corner is turned.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Zac at best might be a quality control coach.
Hes not even.a capable position coach.
Can any of the Zac Fan.Club tell me one thing he excels
At in regards to.coaching?
What has he shown in 2 years that justifies the hire?
Reply/Quote

Agree with your sentiment here....but Marvin's staff couldn't get anything out of Ross either. Not because they couldn't figure it out as well, but because John Ross sucks. No magical quotient involved, he just sucks.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 12:53 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Could getting smoked by the Dolphins, which wouldn't surprise me, do it ?

Doubtful. If they canned Zac, then the only logical choice for interim HC is Simmons. I can't see Simmons winning a game with Brandon Allen or Ryan Finley behind center. Simmons isn't going to land the HC job after the season, and I don't expect him to just settle back into the ST coordinator role. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote