Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys Just hired Alexabder as their line coach
Alexander will most likely be open to updating his scheme since he no longer has 28 years of job security and an assistant head coach tag by his name anymore.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:06 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Ok, let me get this straight.

Paul Alexander has been O Line Coach since 1994 where coaches have job security like no other team and hasn't moved up on that team or asked to be interviewed by another team for a better job.

I get that he's "Well Respected" around the league but that's only because he has been in the same job for over 20 years on a team that promotes from within and gives jobs to guys who don't deserve it, like Zampeze.

Maybe the "Well Respected" part comes from...
From...
From...
I DON'T KNOW!

All I can say is Alexander has never moved up on this team. He's been the O Line coach for over 20 years and never went anywhere.

I don't get it.

Oh well, their loss and our gain. The Cowboys will fire him after two years, maybe three and he will be just a bad memory.
PA is well respected because opponents know they have advantages  over PA" coached" linemen which aids their job security.
Apparently qb sacks and very low rb average gains don't matter to the cowboys brain trust.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 05:48 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Alexander will most likely be open to updating his scheme since he no longer has 28 years of job security and an assistant head coach tag by his name anymore.

Be interested to see how Elliott's numbers fare next season. I think that will be a true measure of PAs supposed brilliance at his position.
Reply/Quote
Why do I get the sinking feeling that Dallas will suddenly have the best offensive line for the next decade? 
It's not that I ever had an over abundance of confidence in PA, BUT this stuff just seems to happen for no known reason under the sun..
Now watch Elliott gain 2000 yards next season and Dax throw for 5000 yards and 0 sacks..
If this happens I'm going to stop even considering questioning things.. Just accept that life sucks and we're all going to die anyway.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 06:36 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You cant make this up.

I want to see what Vegas thinks of this move.  What was their odds to win the next Super Bowl before and after this hire.  It would be hilarious to see if Piano Man's dumb ass was actually able to worsen their odds.  
Reply/Quote
PA Has coached some pretty good OLs here over the years... Also Got something out of nothing in some cases. The NFL just passed him by I think... Dallas has talent on OL so the effects wont be felt as fast. At least he wont have to scout linemen himself.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think many are mad because their "PA will never get another job" assertion got shot down. Congrats to PA and his family; I wish him well.

Reminds me of when the Bengals playing Peko was "proof that we don't care about winning" then the Broncos just one year removed from the Super Bowl sign him and pay him MORE than the Bengals were.

Just another of the "accepted truths" around here that are actually myths.
Reply/Quote
This is all too funny.

Why would Jones fire the coach who made the Cowboys o line the best in the league and replace with the coach who made the Bengals line the worst in the league.

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 05:48 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Alexander will most likely be open to updating his scheme since he no longer has 28 years of job security and an assistant head coach tag by his name anymore.

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/15/dallas-cowboys-paul-alexander-assistant-coach-jason-garrett-cincinnati-bengals-marvin-lewis-frank-pollack-rich-bisaccia/

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of this hire is the fact Alexander has been the assistant head coach to Marvin Lewis since 2003. That may be a role he’s about to take on with Dallas, as Jason Garrett’s assistant head coach since joining the club moved on.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 09:08 AM)Beaker Wrote: Be interested to see how Elliott's numbers fare next season. I think that will be a true measure of PAs supposed brilliance at his position.

He should have at least a couple good seasons with all of that talent on that line......unless he tries to reinvent the wheel.  Two or three years down the road will tell the tale.  If he relents and finally makes some concessions and adapts to the evolving game, he might have some success.  There was never any pressure for him to do so here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Reminds me of when the Bengals playing Peko was "proof that we don't care about winning" then the Broncos just one year removed from the Super Bowl sign him and pay him MORE than the Bengals were.

Yep , he went to the Broncos and helped them to a 5-11 record. 

Rushing yards per carry actually went down this year from the previous 2 seasons too. Not saying he was bad , just saying that he didn't make that much difference.

He played decent for Denver this year, but he was on the decline in this defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/15/dallas-cowboys-paul-alexander-assistant-coach-jason-garrett-cincinnati-bengals-marvin-lewis-frank-pollack-rich-bisaccia/

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of this hire is the fact Alexander has been the assistant head coach to Marvin Lewis since 2003. That may be a role he’s about to take on with Dallas, as Jason Garrett’s assistant head coach since joining the club moved on.

Sounds like pure speculation on the writer's part.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Reminds me of when the Bengals playing Peko was "proof that we don't care about winning" then the Broncos just one year removed from the Super Bowl sign him and pay him MORE than the Bengals were.

Except Peko went and played a position in Denver that the Bengals don't have on their defense, as a 3-4 NT. If the Bengals had a 3-4 defense, then perhaps keeping him around would have made sense.

Also pay is hardly an indication of if a player is good or not, which you know, but doesn't suit the point you're trying to make. The top 3 paid QBs are Stafford, Carr, and Luck. Does that make them the best 3 QBs? Meanwhile Brady is at 13th, Rogers at 6th, and Brees at 4th.

Is this like back when you pretended Nate Livings was good at football because the Cowboys threw a bunch of money at him... and ignored the fact that he was out of the league a year later?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also pay is hardly an indication of if a player is good or not, which you know, but doesn't suit the point you're trying to make.

Actually it does suit my argument.  How much a player gets paid indicates how much a team values him.  People claimed that the Bengals did not care about winning because they played Peko and paid him decently.  So when the team that had just won a Super Bowl a year showed how much they valued him it was proof that paying Peko had nothing to do with "not caring about winning".
Reply/Quote
[Image: 3MciT1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is this like back when you pretended Nate Livings was good at football because the Cowboys threw a bunch of money at him... and ignored the fact that he was out of the league a year later?

The fact that Livings flopped in Dallas is just more proof that Alexander could get more out of him than another NFL O-line coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How much a player gets paid indicates how much a team values him. 

So Brady, Brees, and A Rod aren't valued by their respective teams?  You left that part out for some reason.......

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that Livings flopped in Dallas is just more proof that Alexander could get more out of him than another NFL O-line coach.

Nah, it was just proof Piano Pauly couldn't ID legitimate NFL talent, and played turds because they were "his" guys. Mellow Livings flopped here too, he was horrible.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: 3MciT1.png]

The fact that so many people here think it is an insult to say someone plays the piano proves my point about how good message boards are at judging coaches.

Chuck Knoll played classical guitar and was fond of chamber music, but a lot of people would be making fun of him as a coach because of it.

It is like a elementary school playground mentality.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: So Brady, Brees, and A Rod aren't valued by their respective teams?  You left that part out for some reason.......

Brady, Brees, and A-Rod are very well paid. 

I don't see your point here.
Reply/Quote