Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cuomo admits he's lost total control of NYC
(09-04-2020, 12:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Asking for a friend, but doesn't the above meet your definition of whataboutism? 

Did you make a comparison in your OP to Biden or Obama that I missed?

Yes, you're right. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 01:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You also had a governor sign of proclamation for a day a prayer for rain.

Trump put his dumbass in charge of the nukes.

Some people believe prayer is more useful than burning and looting.  
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most people don't realize how much of the things we consider "state funded" (schools, police, ect) are actually dependent on bloc grants from the federal government.  The federal government pays up to 20% of the cost of public education in some of the poorest states.  Citizens of the wealthy states pay more in taxes than they get back from the federal government while poor states receive more federal aid than than they pay in taxes.

Most of the wealthiest states are blue states while most of the poorest states are red.  The Republicans criticizing the Democrats for the way they run things are like kids complaining about how stupid their parents are while still living in their parents basement and depending on them to pay the bills

Cuomo ripped McConnell when he called covid relief a "blue state bail out" and started number dropping how dependent Kentucky is on the federal govt compared to New York.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 09:55 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Some people believe prayer is more useful than burning and looting.  

For rain? Okay . . .

The protests in Portland began in May. Portland received more rain during June than April and May combined to be the 5th wettest June on record.

The drought in Texas worsened for another four months after Rick Perry’s rain dance with the first major rainfall in Texas coming 168 days later.

I’ll let you judge which was more effective for rain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.koin.com/weather/2020-june-gloom-puts-portland-at-top-5-wettest-year/amp/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Prayer_for_Rain_in_the_State_of_Texas

[Image: jesus-and-the-money-changers-1-GoodSalt-pppas0177.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 09:55 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Some people believe prayer is more useful than burning and looting.  

Some people believed they had to castrate themselves and commit suicide in order to catch a ride on a comet to a spaceship.

We live in a weird world.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:30 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: For rain?  Okay . . .

The protests in Portland began in May. Portland received more rain during June than April and May combined to be the 5th wettest June on record.

The drought in Texas worsened for another four months after Rick Perry’s rain dance with the first major rainfall in Texas coming 168 days later.

I’ll let you judge which was more effective for rain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.koin.com/weather/2020-june-gloom-puts-portland-at-top-5-wettest-year/amp/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Prayer_for_Rain_in_the_State_of_Texas

[Image: jesus-and-the-money-changers-1-GoodSalt-pppas0177.jpg]

Personally, I think it was a misuse of prayer because I believe prayer effects our internal worlds and not our external world, but I understand the sentiment behind the declaration and I wouldn't call it idiotic.  It made his constituents feel good and did not hurt anyone, so I don't see the harm.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 11:22 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Personally, I think it was a misuse of prayer because I believe prayer effects our internal worlds and not our external world, but I understand the sentiment behind the declaration and I wouldn't call it idiotic.  It made his constituents feel good and did not hurt anyone, so I don't see the harm.

I would prefer a politician that doesn’t rely on the supernatural to solve real world problems to be in charge of our nuclear arsenal.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 09:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So left wingers will respond with mob violence to someone they don't like?  Not a very positive character trait, that.

Not like anyone is listening to the 93% of them that are peaceful.
Reply/Quote
Smith and Wesson just reported a 125 percent increase in sales last quarter. Company called the sales unparalleled. It's a defense action taking place.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 09:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So left wingers will respond with mob violence to someone they don't like?  Not a very positive character trait, that.

There are good people on both sides.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 10:56 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Smith and Wesson just reported a 125 percent increase in sales last quarter. Company called the sales unparalleled. It's a defense action taking place.

This is Donald trumps America. Where people are legitimately concerned for their safety.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 10:21 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Not like anyone is listening to the 93% of them that are peaceful.

(09-06-2020, 11:06 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:

There are good people on both sides.

Saying is one thing (and no, it shouldn't be said), doing is another.  
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 11:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This is Donald trumps America. Where people are legitimately concerned for their safety.

Because far left mobs are rioting, burning and looting and the Dem leadership of the cities in question are sitting on their thumbs.  The left doesn't get to be the primary actors of violence and then blame the violence on Trump's words.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 12:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Because far left mobs are rioting, burning and looting and the Dem leadership of the cities in question are sitting on their thumbs.  The left doesn't get to be the primary actors of violence and then blame the violence on Trump's words.

I have heard lots of right-wing tough guys around here claim they tell their kids to stand up to racist bullies and fight back.  So when a peaceful kid gets in a fight standing up to a racist bully these tough guys claim it is okay and blame the bully for the violence.  That is what is happening now.

Liberals have been around for the last 50 years while there have been ZERO widespread riots that lasted for months over racial issues.  Trump has not.

Tell me why you think things are so different this year than they were with all the big previous racial incidents that led to rioting in Miami, Los Angeles, Ferguson, etc.?  Why have things changed so dramatically since Trump became President. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have heard lots of right-wing tough guys around here claim they tell their kids to stand up to racist bullies and fight back.  So when a peaceful kid gets in a fight standing up to a racist bully these tough guys claim it is okay and blame the bully for the violence.  That is what is happening now.

Confront the person who is directly bullying you versus throwing rocks at police, and looting and burning down businesses belonging to random third parties.  Yes, a perfect comparison, Fred.

Quote:Liberals have been around for the last 50 years while there have been ZERO widespread riots that lasted for months over racial issues.  Trump has not.

There were no sustained riots during the 60's?  Detroit says hi.

Quote:Tell me why you think things are so different this year than they were with all the big previous racial incidents that led to rioting in Miami, Los Angeles, Ferguson, etc.?  Why have things changed so dramatically since Trump became President. 

Because this time the Democratic party has given the violence their full, albeit tacit, support, constantly downplaying it, along with the media, and doing exactly what you're doing, trying to shift the blame to Trump.

Here's a life tip, own your own actions.  Don't blame what you do on the words of others. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There were no sustained riots during the 60's?  Detroit says hi.

I said last 50 years.

Math says "Hi"
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I said last 50 years.

Math says "Hi"

I was so waiting for that.  You're like the person who talks about people killed in terrorist attacks "since 09/12/2001".   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I swore I would not cry about personal attacks, but I have to report this one.

I understand you have already had one warning from the mods, correct?

I was not stating that to you, I was making a general statement. I would have thought this was obvious as I was speaking about people justifying their violent actions with Trump's words. I don't believe you've been engaged in any violence.  But if you took it that way I'll remove it.  I will say that you having any knowledge of what I may or may not have received, and speaking publicly about it, is very disturbing to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Confront the person who is directly bullying you versus throwing rocks at police, and looting and burning down businesses belonging to random third parties.  Yes, a perfect comparison, Fred.

Trump draws his power from the society that elected him.  So the protests and riots are going to be against the society that gave him his power.

Trump has not attacked a single individual out there protesting.  So this is not about individuals fighting back against Trump as an individual.  It is about a group fighting back against his policies and the society that supports them.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  I will say that you having any knowledge of what I may or may not have received, and speaking publicly about it, is very disturbing to me.

The only reason I know anything about it is because YOU posted about it.

You claimed that you received a warning about language that did not really violate the rules but you just used it too often.  LOL 

So stop disturbing yourself
Reply/Quote