Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy
Kids and teens are still developing mentally and emotionally. They don't have coping skills an adult should have. Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in the 15-24 y/o group. Bullying is a contributing factor. I think it is ludicrous a "former" educator would suggest it is positive way to teach leadership.
(02-09-2016, 09:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Once again the simple fact that you "think" that bullying is good in any way shape and form shows what kind of human being you are and why I feel sorry for you and whoever you are responsible for in life.  Physical or mental it is never a good thing to beat or belittle a fellow human being to"teach them a lesson".

Especially a child.

You are  waste.

Given your staunch approach to religion and personal responsibility I'd hope you would be better than this as a person.

Apparently not.

Just go ahead and say it...as a short fat kid you were bullied.
(02-09-2016, 08:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's exactly what I am suggesting.   Kids need to be singled out,  it's not always a negative to single them out .   This goes with the "everyone is a winner". Mindset.    Sorry there are winners and losers in all facets of life why should school be any different?    I will always contest that all kids need to feel some sort of exclusion and even bullied to an extent.    It builds character as also helps develop leaders and outside the via thinkers..    Now this doesn't mean I am into drastic measures but a little bit of exclusion and being bullied  is a positive.    

If there isn't a group of kids being bullied then there isn't any kid who figures out they are leaders by standing up for the ones getting bullied.    We need those people in society and we need to develop them.

Got it. Teach kids that it's ok to discriminate against the only Asian kid in class cause he's different. Not because it's right but because it teaches them that the world is full of assholes who were never taught that people who are different are ok... 

Then they can teach the same lesson to the next generation...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-09-2016, 09:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So I am a bad guy because I think it's a positive life lesson when bullying is involved?  

Take an hour and think about that please.    Instead of just jumping on whatever bumper sticker platitude you are choosing today .

Oh there are multiple MULTIPLE examples of why you are a "bad guy" beyond this.

It doesn't take an hour to figure out how to be nice to people.

(02-09-2016, 09:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Great, let's do the same with GID Reassignment surgery and make sure that NO ONE under the age of 18 can have it done to them (with or with out their consent), after all, we have to protect the children and that it's an out of pocket expense, not covered by insurance.

To me, that might make someone think a little harder about it.

I'm fine with that too.  I suppose there are example of children born with both sets of genitals that needs looking at too though.  That's got to be an awful situation for a parent.

(02-09-2016, 09:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Kids and teens are still developing mentally and emotionally. They don't have coping skills an adult should have. Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in the 15-24 y/o group. Bullying is a contributing factor. I think it is ludicrous a "former" educator would suggest it is positive way to teach leadership.

Amen.

Probably thinks bum fighting is okay because it gives the guys something to do and helps the economy.

(02-09-2016, 09:45 PM)Vlad Wrote: Just go ahead and say it...as a short fat kid you were bullied.

I was.  And I avoided it whenever possible because guess what...fighting never solved the problem.  Never.

Standing up to them?  Sure.

But to insist that somehow it is BETTER that children be bullied than that we teach people accept difference is asinine.

(02-09-2016, 09:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Got it. Teach kids that it's ok to discriminate against the only Asian kid in class cause he's different. Not because it's right but because it teaches them that the world is full of assholes who were never taught that people who are different are ok... 

Again I say Amen!

Break the freaking cycle and quit trying to prove who has the bigger dick all the time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Bullying is horrible and its good more awareness to the issue is pushed these days. I also believe more emphasis on coping skills and resiliency needs to be taught as well.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(02-09-2016, 10:06 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Bullying is horrible and its good more awareness to the issue is pushed these days. I also believe more emphasis on coping skills and resiliency needs to be taught as well.

Fair answer as there will always be "people" who think it is okay to bully people.  It IS good to know how to cope...but it doesn't have to come from being bullied in order to "learn" and "grow".  It might...but it shouldn't have to.
(02-09-2016, 09:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Great, let's do the same with GID Reassignment surgery and make sure that NO ONE under the age of 18 can have it done to them (with or with out their consent), after all, we have to protect the children and that it's an out of pocket expense, not covered by insurance.

To me, that might make someone think a little harder about it.

I don't think they can. To get hormone therapy, you have to talk to a therapist first and meet a number of requirements that include testing and counseling. It's a time consuming process. I think a lot of people believe it's as easy as going to a doctor once and getting a prescription.

(02-09-2016, 09:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Got it. Teach kids that it's ok to discriminate against the only Asian kid in class cause he's different. Not because it's right but because it teaches them that the world is full of assholes who were never taught that people who are different are ok... 

Who said to teach it's ok to discriminate? I said allow it to happen normally then teach how to respond and also teach how others should respond when they see someone being bullied. This Asian kid you are talking about deserves to not be robbed of the opportunity to stand up for themselves. And you are also robbing every other kid the opportunity to stand with the Asian kid. Not to mention you are robbing the bully of learning the life lesson to not pick on people you think are weak.

Loads of life lessons lost there....
(02-09-2016, 10:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Fair answer as there will always be "people" who think it is okay to bully people.  It IS good to know how to cope...but it doesn't have to come from being bullied in order to "learn" and "grow".  It might...but it shouldn't have to.

Nope doesn't have to come from bullying. It's just good life lessons of living in society. Unfortunately this world is far from paradise or perfect. There's always going to be crime, violence, theft, discrimination, death, disapointment, corruption, natural disasters and bullies. IMO the reason just as much if not more emphasis on resilience should be pushed as fighting bullies. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(02-09-2016, 10:43 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Nope doesn't have to come from bullying. It's just good life lessons of living in society. Unfortunately this world is far from paradise or perfect. There's always going to be crime, violence, theft, discrimination, death, disapointment, corruption, natural disasters and bullies. IMO the reason just as much if not more emphasis on resilience should be pushed as fighting bullies. 

Agreed but sane people don't like it or think it is a good idea!   Smirk
(02-09-2016, 10:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who said to teach it's ok to discriminate?  I said allow it to happen normally then teach how to respond and also teach how others should respond when they see someone being bullied.    This Asian kid you are talking about deserves to not be robbed of the opportunity to stand up for themselves.    And you are also robbing every other kid the opportunity to stand with the Asian kid.    Not to mention you are robbing the bully of learning the life lesson to not pick on people you think are weak.      

So first let them discriminate against the Asian kid....

and then teach them "to discourage exclusion and encourage acceptance of diverse groups of people". So you're ok with the message, you just first want to the kid who is singled out to experience being singled out.

(02-09-2016, 09:45 PM)Vlad Wrote: Just go ahead and say it...as a short fat kid you were bullied.
Thanks for giving short, fat kids all over the world the opportunity to learn leadership by mocking their appearance. 
In the spirit of learning leadership through Lucie's bullying model, I would just like to take the time to single out you two geniuses IOT belittle your intelligence, but you're both probably too stupid to understand I'm doing this for your own good. Additionally, I don't want to hear either of you two whining because I'm not politically correct about your "feelings."
(02-09-2016, 09:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Kids and teens are still developing mentally and emotionally. They don't have coping skills an adult should have. Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in the 15-24 y/o group. Bullying is a contributing factor. I think it is ludicrous a "former" educator would suggest it is positive way to teach leadership.

That's why you focus on how to respond to a bully. At some point in life everyone is on the wrong end of a bully. If you don't develop coping skills at a young age then you will just be a suicide risk as an adult. I agree kids and teens aren't able to handle just about everything.... That's why we should be there showing them how and why it's important to stand up for themselves and others. Plus the bully needs to learn their lesson as well. You can't do that in detention because some teacher shielded the target. That only encourages it more.
(02-09-2016, 10:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who said to teach it's ok to discriminate?  I said allow it to happen normally then teach how to respond and also teach how others should respond when they see someone being bullied.    This Asian kid you are talking about deserves to not be robbed of the opportunity to stand up for themselves.    And you are also robbing every other kid the opportunity to stand with the Asian kid.    Not to mention you are robbing the bully of learning the life lesson to not pick on people you think are weak.      

Your boy, Rand Paul. In a free society kids should be free to discriminate. Then the market forces of the playground will correct itself. 
(02-09-2016, 10:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Thanks for giving short, fat kids all over the world the opportunity to learn leadership by mocking their appearance. 
In the spirit of learning leadership through Lucie's bullying model, I would just like to take the time to single out you two geniuses IOT belittle your intelligence, but you're both probably too stupid to understand I'm doing this for your own good. Additionally, I don't want to hear either of you two whining because I'm not politically correct about your "feelings."

Thanks for making my point. Dino gets bullied and he shrinks down..... So it gives you the opportunity to step in and protect his feelings and self esteem. Now your self esteem is also bumped up since you protected someone in need. Dino's is up because he knows he has a friend. And Vlad learned that at least someone will say something when perceived bullying takes place.

This was a circle of life lessons learned.
(02-09-2016, 10:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Your boy, Rand Paul. In a free society kids should be free to discriminate. Then the market forces of the playground will correct itself. 

Did he say that? If not and that was you then good job.
(02-09-2016, 10:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thanks for making my point.   Dino gets bullied and he shrinks down..... So it gives you the opportunity to step in and protect his feelings and self esteem.   Now your self esteem is also bumped up since you protected someone in need.    Dino's is up because he knows he has a friend.     And Vlad learned that at least someone will say something when perceived bullying takes place.    

Nervous

(02-09-2016, 10:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thanks for making my point.   Dino gets bullied and he shrinks down..... So it gives you the opportunity to step in and protect his feelings and self esteem.   Now your self esteem is also bumped up since you protected someone in need.    Dino's is up because he knows he has a friend.     And Vlad learned that at least someone will say something when perceived bullying takes place.    

So remember, kids, when dealing with a bully be sure to call them names because it will make you feel better about yourself. 

What a crock of shit. 
(02-09-2016, 10:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Did he say that?   If not and that was you then good job.

I just took what he said about business owners and applied it to the playground. Some people call that a parody. 
(02-09-2016, 11:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So remember, kids, when dealing with a bully be sure to call them names because it will make you feel better about yourself. 

What a crock of shit. 

You know in this situation growing up Lucy was the toady standing behind the bully talking crap.

Then he grows up to be a teacher so he can continue to "rule the school" and pretend he has power over people that are "lesser than him"  (savages).

Cool