Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuomo's seat getting warmer?
(03-03-2021, 10:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's too soon to investigate.  Or is it too late?  Either way, let's just let him go and let the country heal. 

Agreed. How can we ever work together as a nation if politicians are constantly flagged for harassment and assault?

None of us is perfect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 11:42 AM)Dill Wrote: Agreed. How can we ever work together as a nation if politicians are constantly flagged for harassment and assault?

None of us is perfect.

Both sides do it?  
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 10:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: You got me...I've been working for Mr. Trump to infiltrate the haters and losers!

Just to make sure I understand this...........................if you voted for Trump you are a cult member, hater and loser?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 01:12 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Just to make sure I understand this...........................if you voted for Trump you are a cult member, hater and loser?

in the minds of the predominate posters here...yes. Not to mention bigots, racist & transphobics. 

Say What
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 01:12 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Just to make sure I understand this...........................if you voted for Trump you are a cult member, hater and loser?

If you are still flying a flag in your yard with Trump-Pence 2020 and think the election was stolen you are in fact a cult member.
Reply/Quote

I don't mean to speak for someone else, but to me, no. Voting for Trump makes no one any of these things. I came across quite some Trump voters here and elsewhere. Many of them are likable and decent characters. As I'd say you are.

Voting for Trump and also shouting that the election was stolen, though, that's another issue. Or shouting that Biden and Comey etc need to be locked up and tried for treason, or claiming that only Trump tells the truth. This, at the very least, starts to border delusion territory.
Reply/Quote

The "haters and losers" was a reference to what Mr. Trump calls anyone who disagrees with or criticizes him.  So I was pretending to be one of those to infiltrate them.

But not all Trump supporters are cult members...just the millions who think he really won the election and believe all the lies he tells them.  

And since I don't know you ( Cool) I'm gonna leave that up to you to decide.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 01:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you are still flying a flag in your yard with Trump-Pence 2020 and think the election was stolen you are in fact a cult member.

Wow!  That is one f@#$ed up thought process toward other people.  smh.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 01:40 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't mean to speak for someone else, but to me, no. Voting for Trump makes no one any of these things. I came across quite some Trump voters here and elsewhere. Many of them are likable and decent characters. As I'd say you are.

Voting for Trump and also shouting that the election was stolen, though, that's another issue. Or shouting that Biden and Comey etc need to be locked up and tried for treason, or claiming that only Trump tells the truth. This, at the very least, starts to border delusion territory.

I do not shout the election was stolen, but there was definitely some weird things going on that have yet to be explained.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 01:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you are still flying a flag in your yard with Trump-Pence 2020 and think the election was stolen you are in fact a cult member.

Drove to my parent's this morning and on the way I saw a giant sign in a yard announcing "Welcome to Pennsylvania.  Voter Fraud Capitol" with A trump sign behind it.

I sincerely doubt the owner knows that the PA legislature, controlled by republicans for years, passed the rules for voting.

"Delusional" is the best I can come up with.

And a bunch STILL think Trump will be back tomorrow to take the oval office again.  It's sad.  And very cult like.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 03:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I do not shout the election was stolen, but there was definitely some weird things going on that have yet to be explained.

Like what?
Reply/Quote
Just saw this on twitter. Men have always had an irrational fear of being falsely accused.

[Image: EvjnwhjXYAA6Ltc?format=jpg&name=large]

Just do the investigation.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 03:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Drove to my parent's this morning and on the way I saw a giant sign in a yard announcing "Welcome to Pennsylvania.  Voter Fraud Capitol" with A trump sign behind it.

I sincerely doubt the owner knows that the PA legislature, controlled by republicans for years, passed the rules for voting.

"Delusional" is the best I can come up with.

And a bunch STILL think Trump will be back tomorrow to take the oval office again.  It's sad.  And very cult like.

You know where I was this past weekend, I don't need to tell you the number of Trump signs I saw still up. Also, quite a few "**** Biden" flags were flying, as well. I have to agree that it is delusional and the devotion to this one individual is very cult-like.

Anyway, as to the OP topic, **** Cuomo. He needs to resign and I'm very disappointed with his statement yesterday vowing to stay in office.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 03:29 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Wow!  That is one f@#$ed up thought process toward other people.  smh.

No it isn't..

Having a belief with no basis in reality is a pretty good definition of a cult member.
Reply/Quote

The main people trying to lump all Trump voters with the cult members are the right wing media. They are trying to convince all Republicans that the prosecution of the cult members who attacked the capitol is aimed at every Republican.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 08:26 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know where I was this past weekend, I don't need to tell you the number of Trump signs I saw still up. Also, quite a few "**** Biden" flags were flying, as well. I have to agree that it is delusional and the devotion to this one individual is very cult-like.

Anyway, as to the OP topic, **** Cuomo. He needs to resign and I'm very disappointed with his statement yesterday vowing to stay in office.

Cuomo is a huge prick.  Much like Harvey Weinstein's sexual misconduct this has been an open secret for years.  It's always very interesting how once someone is perceived a publicly vulnerable that these stories just snowball.  Is it because the accusers now know their story will actually receive media attention?  I have to think that's a huge portion of the reason.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The main people trying to lump all Trump voters with the cult members are the right wing media. They are trying to convince all Republicans that the prosecution of the cult members who attacked the capitol is aimed at every Republican.

CNN and MSNBC must have been an illusion for the last 4 years then.

How many ANTIFA / BLM prosecutions did we see from months of rioting?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't..

Having a belief with no basis in reality is a pretty good definition of a cult member.

Yes Frederick, it is.  Have a different opinion and be labeled a cult member.  Whatever bro.  You crack me up.

No basis in reality is your opinion.
Reply/Quote
Heard an interesting conspiracy theory. Cuomo is being targeted for removal with hopes of getting a Republican gov to replace him. Who in turn gives Trump a pardon for the legal stuff he has going on in NY which is probably his biggest legal issue outside of Georgia.

I don’t really know anything about the guy. Other than he seems like a typical New Yorker to me. And with my broad brush they are all painted as asshole womanizers.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 09:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Heard an interesting conspiracy theory. Cuomo is being targeted for removal with hopes of getting a Republican gov to replace him. Who in turn gives Trump a pardon for the legal stuff he has going on in NY which is probably his biggest legal issue outside of Georgia.

I don’t really know anything about the guy. Other than he seems like a typical New Yorker to me. And with my broad brush they are all painted as asshole womanizers.

How would Cuomo's removal get a GOP governor?  There would still have to be an election, and while rural New York is heavily red NYC on its own trumps that by a large margin.  So I'm not sure how Cuomo rightfully stepping down sets up a Republican governor for the state.  The last GOP governor was Pataki, and honestly I don't know if he would have won initially without the Howard Stern endorsement.  And no I'm not kidding, Stern was that popular in the 90's
Reply/Quote