Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut/Waiver/Released/Traded/IR Tracker
Honestly surprised Zac took the ego hit and cut Trevor. I just knew he was a lock because it would be embarrassing for Zac to go and get him and then have to cut him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Really, he isn't: unlike McCoy (whom everyone wants all of a sudden), he has a significantly-better resume and numbers.

Siemien just played awful all camp and PS, I'm honestly surprised how terribly he performed.

Maybe he's not conducive to our system...

Yeah, I'm actually not sure why he looked THAT bad. He wasn't even under any real pressure in the pocket but his accuracy was still terrible. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Articles claiming Bengals have PS interest on Sinnett & George.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_bengals_release_cornerback_as_roster_trim_continues/s1_16652_39187316

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bengals_make_decision_in_trevor_siemian_jake_browning_roster_battle/s1_16652_39187454
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:59 AM)Housh Wrote: Honestly surprised Zac took the ego hit and cut Trevor. I just knew he was a lock because it would be embarrassing for Zac to go and get him and then have to cut him

A good sign. Don't getinvested in the move if the player just does not have it. 
Reply/Quote
Good Bye Hakeem Adeniji...this is possibly a good sign that D'Ante Smith's shoulder injury isn't serious

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:09 AM)pally Wrote: Good Bye Hakeem Adeniji...this is possibly a good sign that D'Ante Smith's shoulder injury isn't serious

I didn't expect this one. I wonder if #9 OL is on the roster right now..
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Surprised at that but thank god, he could get you out of a jam occasionally but nowhere near good enough.

Now the question is, is Carmen any better? The reason that waste of a spot will still be here is because of the pride of a 2nd round pick and a few dollars.

Our drafting of OL has to get substantially better in the future.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:09 AM)pally Wrote: Good Bye Hakeem Adeniji...this is possibly a good sign that D'Ante Smith's shoulder injury isn't serious

Wow that kind of surprises me. Obviously he has been bad in the postseason, but he did have a lot of starting experience. Just want to clarify I am not complaining about this move, just surprised they actually did it lol 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:58 AM)pally Wrote: Allan George was projected to make the team before DJ Ivey stepped up.  Micheal Thomas's spot was being debated until last Saturday.  Neither player was ever in the "no shot" range

Nah, George was never ahead of S. Jones or Turner, and cannot play the slot. Maybe if we were keeping 7, but that was a longshot. Even so, Ivey jumped him pretty quick. 

Thonas is not on my list, so IDK where you are getting that from. But it has been obvious for a while that he is willing to stay on on the PS. At that point, there is no reason to keep him. Some folks were just slow to catch on. We traded UP to get Anderson & just drafted Battle. They were going nowhere. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:59 AM)Housh Wrote: Honestly surprised Zac took the ego hit and cut Trevor. I just knew he was a lock because it would be embarrassing for Zac to go and get him and then have to cut him

Semen was so bad, Zac didn't have a choice...
Reply/Quote
Adeniji surprises me a little. I expected them to keep Smith & Ford instead of my picks (Adeniji & B. Brown). I am OK with keeping Smith instead (if indeed we do). More upside. Better pass blocker. More of a real swing tackle.

I think Adeniji has a shot for the PS.

Edit: Agree that this is a sign Smith's injury is not too bad.
Reply/Quote
Surprised but not outraged by Adeniji release. No one can say he didn't get his shots. Maybe a better Oline Coach can get more out of him at tackle.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Asiasi was clearly TE #5 at best. Not surprising.

Seems as if neelws is breaking sooner on the fringier guys rather than the real "no shot" guys. My wuibble with Pally on George notwithstanding.
Reply/Quote
Johnson released damn.

Can only assume Ossai isn’t as bad as people think.
Reply/Quote
this one is a tough

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:03 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A good sign. Don't getinvested in the move if the player just does not have it. 

Yep, not sure where the ego thing comes from regarding Zac. Hey, you took a flyer, it didn't work, move on. Seems that's the way things are ran now.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Why would that be an "ego hit?" Taylor brought in a guy who was a starter as an NFL quarterback and gave him a look to see if he would be better than Browning. He wasn't, so he sent him home. How that's an ego hit is beyond me, to me it's good coaching. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:02 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Some ex-Bengaks cut: 

TE Scotty Washington (Pats) 
WR Alex Erickson (Jets) 
LB Nick Vigil (Jets) 
CB Darius Phillips (Texans) 
OT: Isaiah Prince (Broncos) 
OT: Fred Johnson (Eagles) 
OT: Bobby Hart (Lions) 
DT: Christian Covington (Lions) 

While I haven't followed him since he left here, Covington gave us some pretty good snaps and played above his pedigree in his time here while we were depleted on the D-line. Might be worth keeping in touch with, in case we lose someone at DT.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:38 AM)pally Wrote: this one is a tough

Not unexpected but still dumb, IMHO.  

Looks like we will keep a 7th WR who offers nothing from scrimmage or a mediocre caliber OL instead. 

I hope he clears waivers, but I doubt it. 
Reply/Quote