Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut/Waiver/Released/Traded/IR Tracker
Hopefully they can get RJ3 on the practice squad. I was really hoping they were releasing Adeniji as a hand shake deal till they IRd someone and brought him back to get RJ3 on the 53.
Reply/Quote
Trent Taylor had sure hands but he was a one trick pony. Charlie Jones can return punts and give you meaningful snaps in the slot if Tyler Boyd gets hurt.
Reply/Quote
They must like Gunter, who I also like, but I thought Raymond Johnson III was having the best PS of any DL.

That was the surprise cut to me so far, especially with the Ossai injury. Hopefully RJ3 clears waivers and no one steals him off our PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 12:45 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Agree. I don’t get the impression there’s ANY ego involved with Zac. Marvin Lewis….now there’s a guy who stuck with players way past their expiration dates.

I didn’t hate on Siemian as much as some. I “thought” he could be a good back up. But, he just didn’t seem to grasp this offense or play book. I do think another NFL team will pick him up.

He was Callahan’s boy
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He was Callahan’s boy

Yes he was, they had a history together with the Broncos. But man, did Siemian play terribly here. Surprised me he was that bad.

Browning was clearly better, they made the right choice. Don't care about how Siemian played prior to getting here...

What have you done lately is what this league is about.
Reply/Quote
Taylor was not a surprise. I believe since he has 6 years of experience, he is a free agent versus a possible waiver grab by a team that may want him. I could see him back on our practice squad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Chrisman cut

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Would I like Adeniji to be on the field? No. But Burrow hasn't played a playoff game without Adeniji playing on the Oline. Maybe that's not the most glowing indorsement of Adeniji considering how our protection has gone in some of those said playoff games. But he's a guy that has come in and got us thru the game multiple times. I'm just not sure who we have that made him not good enough. Collins being a backup now? Who knows when he will be back. I suppose I should wait and see how it all shakes out. Hopefully we bring someone else in.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Chrisman cut

Not really a surprise to me, just hope Robbins keeps improving, he wasn't great this PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not really a surprise to me, just hope Robbins keeps improving, he wasn't great this PS.

Agreed. He's got some work to do from what I saw.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:03 PM)pally Wrote: only a surprise to Ian

Rapoport is dumb as rocks. Did he think Jones was getting cut? 

Taylor is, hopefully, in the same boat as Thomas. He does not go thru waivers & hopefully will land on the PS, like he did 2 years ago. 
Reply/Quote
Both Carney & Johnson played better than Gunter in pre-season.
Reply/Quote
It looks as if the Bengals are releasing their desired PS rister first.

Thomas, Johnson, George, Taylor, + 1 of the QBs for certain.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They must like Gunter, who I also like, but I thought Raymond Johnson III was having the best PS of any DL.

That was the surprise cut to me so far, especially with the Ossai injury. Hopefully RJ3 clears waivers and no one steals him off our PS.

Johnson looked much better than Gunter to me.  Gunter does play special teams so that may be a factor.  One thing that was very noticeable last year was our lack of pass rush.  We just cut a guy that was able to do that, at least in preseason

I dont see how Johnson is able to clear waivers.  At the very least he could be a backup for a team that is lacking at the DE position.  I think someone claims him but you never know.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:24 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Would I like Adeniji to be on the field? No. But Burrow hasn't played a playoff game without Adeniji playing on the Oline. Maybe that's not the most glowing indorsement of Adeniji considering how our protection has gone in some of those said playoff games. But he's a guy that has come in and got us thru the game multiple times. I'm just not sure who we have that made him not good enough. Collins being a backup now? Who knows when he will be back. I suppose I should wait and see how it all shakes out. Hopefully we bring someone else in.

La'el Collins being close to ready is the only real explanation for cutting Adeniji. We'll get an indicator of where he is today. If they don't put him on PUP, he's expected to be set by week 4.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:03 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I would love to see us sign Will Grier.  He would be a major upgrade over Browning.

I don't know.  I am a fan of Grier but he hasn't exactly done much.  In his only regular season action 53.8 completion percent in 52 attempts for 0 TDs 4 Ints and 4.4 yards per attempt.  Yeah he had a good showing playing against the 3rd string players in his last pre season game in Dallas.  But I'm not sure he is the answer.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It looks as  if the Bengals are releasing their desired PS rister first.

Thomas, Johnson, George, Taylor, + 1 of the QBs for certain.

Or the fringe guys getting released just don't make news.  The reports from media come about veterans and bubble guys, not the guys everyone knew weren't going to make it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Drue Robbins or Brad Christman..whatever. They’re both subpar.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Drue Robbins or Brad Christman..whatever. They’re both subpar.
Perhaps they're keeping Robbins for the mustache? Money Mac and The Monopoly Guy!

Is it nickname season yet or did I miss it?!
Reply/Quote
Robbins is not subpar. He is a specific type of punter (precision kicking and hang time) as opposed to a boomer like Crisman was supposed to be. The idea is that the offense can at least get out to the 40-50 yard line so control and hang time are more important than booming it. I wonder if on a punt we need distance on Money Mac has any familiarity with punting? He has the leg to blast not after all.
Reply/Quote