Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut/Waiver/Released/Traded/IR Tracker
(08-30-2023, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The question begs:

Who's the best player ever to be successful as an NFL coach?

Forest Greg comes to mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Maybe not most successful NFL coach but if including college Jim Harbough has got to be up there. Mike Vrabel is a recent one that comes to mind who's been successful. Obviously not to the degree of winning SBs though. Doug Pederson could definitely be near the top of that list. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 11:55 PM)3wt Wrote: Forest Greg comes to mind.

Mike Ditka won a SB and is in the HOF as a player. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 11:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Probably Ditka

(08-30-2023, 11:55 PM)3wt Wrote: Forest Greg comes to mind.

(08-30-2023, 11:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: Maybe not most successful NFL coach but if including college Jim Harbough has got to be up there. Mike Vrabel is a recent one that comes to mind who's been successful. Obviously not to the degree of winning SBs though.

Good calls. I was thinking Art Shell. but you guys have better choices. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Good calls. I was thinking Art Shell. but you guys have better choices. 

Shell is a good call as well. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Good calls. I was thinking Art Shell. but you guys have better choices. 

Shell is a good one. That random 2006 season really soured people's view on him, but he had a winning % of .586 before that season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 12:07 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Shell is a good call as well. 
Agreed
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 11:01 AM)pally Wrote:

Crap.   I guess he saw a quicker road to getting on the 53 with them.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 01:03 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I would love to see us sign Will Grier.  He would be a major upgrade over Browning.

Got my wish!

Cigar
Reply/Quote
TE Nick Bowers landed on the Dolphins practice squad

Reply/Quote
Herm Edwards was a decent player. He sadly went to some football purgatory teams and was not super successful.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I thought Brown was worth developing.

I also thought they could work with 53 (I can’t spell his name). Thought he showed good power and was active in the run game.

Glad to see Davis back but he up there in age. With possibly losing Reader and Tupou next offseason, we need to have more development prospects (youth) at the NT position to help absorb one or both of those loses. Some that’s been i the system a year. So I thought 53 had a shot.

Interesting to see why no 16th yet. Hopefully an experienced safety. Which will be nice given Scott has only started a year and Thomas is more of a coach you really wouldn’t want to have come in to help settle things down if it’s a rough transition at the safety spot to start the season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 11:01 AM)pally Wrote:

Sucks, but not surprising. 
Reply/Quote
Dick Lebeau was a great player as well
Reply/Quote

&

Dan Reeves played in 2 Super Bowls, was an assistant coach in 3, and head coach for 4.

Tom Landry was an all-Pro in 1954 as a player/coach before turning to coaching full time

And I saw someone mention Jim Harbaugh but what about John?

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2023, 09:08 AM)pally Wrote: &

Dan Reeves played in 2 Super Bowls, was an assistant coach in 3, and head coach for 4.

Tom Landry was an all-Pro in 1954 as a player/coach before turning to coaching full time

And I saw someone mention Jim Harbaugh but what about John?

I don't believe John Harbaugh played in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote