Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut/Waiver/Released/Traded/IR Tracker
(08-29-2023, 05:54 PM)TheFan Wrote: I don't really understand either. I get none of the back of the roster guys are likely going to make significant impact but I feel like we could have easily kept a better player over Ford or Hill. Keep 10 lineman seems excessive with how poorly so many of the played in preseason. 

I wonder if they keep him if Smith doesn't also get hurt.

(08-29-2023, 05:57 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Could not agree more. 10 OL was the biggest surprise to me. 

I think Collins will likely bump Hill or Ford when he returns, despite Carman & Smith being tackles. The competition for that last OL spot will continue while Collins is on PUP. 

FWIW, many outlets I am seeing are listing Hudson as a vested vet, though OTC has him with 3 seasons. If true, it means he is a FA & couod immediately be signed to the PS, like Thomas, S. Jones, Taylor, Morgan, Siemian, & Basham. 

Us being so low on the waiver wire kind of sucks, because there will be a lot of talented players cut that will be taken well 
ahead of us. But hey, that is what you get when you win a lot. Just have to hope these depth players develop in practice 
and are ready if needed. Keeping 10 OL is probably because Carman shown he cannot play on the right side and is purely a
LT. Blame him lol
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 06:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Us being so low on the waiver wire kind of sucks, because there will be a lot of talented players cut that will be taken well 
ahead of us. But hey, that is what you get when you win a lot. Just have to hope these depth players develop in practice 
and are ready if needed. Keeping 10 OL is probably because Carman shown he cannot play on the right side and is purely a
LT. Blame him lol

So which position did Cody Ford show he could play to be kept on the roster?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 06:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: So which position did Cody Ford show he could play to be kept on the roster?

I honestly don't know lol

Maybe RT as that is SUPPOSED to be his natural position. Ford doesn't make the team if La'el Collins is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I honestly don't know lol

Maybe RT as that is SUPPOSED to be his natural position. Ford doesn't make the team if La'el Collins is healthy.

I wouldn't be too sure it's Ford that would get cut once Collins is back.

Carman I think is the best at LT out of the backup group, but they're all pretty bad at RG and RT. Is Ford worse than Carman at RG/RT?
Smith is probably the worst run blocker out of all of them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 06:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: So which position did Cody Ford show he could play to be kept on the roster?

We've seen the players 3 times this year. The coaches have seen them basically everyday for the past 2 months.

We poke fun at folks getting too hyped about PS game performances, yet it's acceptable to get over critical for poor PS performances. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We've seen the players 3 times this year. The coaches have seen them basically everyday for the past 2 months.

We poke fun at folks getting too hyped about PS game performances, yet it's acceptable to get over critical for poor PS performances. 

As I posted in another thread, its not just this preseason.  Ford has never been good.  In 2021 Ford played 485 snaps and posted a 46.7 PFF grade.   In 2022 Ford played 350 snaps with a 41.2 PFF grade.  What is it about a guy that plays so bad that makes him so valuable to take a roster spot on the Bengals 53 man roster?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 06:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: As I posted in another thread, its not just this preseason.  Ford has never been good.  In 2021 Ford played 485 snaps and posted a 46.7 PFF grade.   In 2022 Ford played 350 snaps with a 41.2 PFF grade.  What is it about a guy that plays so bad that makes him so valuable to take a roster spot on the Bengals 53 man roster?

For reference Carman was 56.3 in 2021 and 58.1 in 2022 and people act like he's literally the worst player they've ever seen. That's how bad Ford actually has been. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I honestly don't know lol

Big "he's stunk, but maybe not if he played his REAL position" team. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
A lot of good players were cut in Cincinnati today. That means the final 53-man roster will be filled with great players. The Bengals have come a long way and now the final roster is filled with high quality players.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 06:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: As I posted in another thread, its not just this preseason.  Ford has never been good.  In 2021 Ford played 485 snaps and posted a 46.7 PFF grade.   In 2022 Ford played 350 snaps with a 41.2 PFF grade.  What is it about a guy that plays so bad that makes him so valuable to take a roster spot on the Bengals 53 man roster?

I'm sure this was posted before. But yeah I'm not sure why a guy like Adeniji got cut over Ford. Maybe it's the guard depth but from all the people that cover the Bengals on Twitter they thought Adeniji was playing just like the guy he is not great but not terrible. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 08:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm sure this was posted before. But yeah I'm not sure why a guy like Adeniji got cut over Ford. Maybe it's the guard depth but from all the people that cover the Bengals on Twitter they thought Adeniji was playing just like the guy he is not great but not terrible. 

Many of us had high hopes for Hakeem Adeniji when he was drafted from Kansas.  The fact that he's able to shine in preseason, yet not stand up to #1s in live NFL action is all you really need to know to understand possibly why the team chose to move on from him.  He's a dynamic player, has decent technical skills and knows how to play multiple positions, but when the competition is at the highest level he just physically cannot hold his own against the NLF's best.

It's sad, and I wish him luck and hope that he at least finds a home with another team for a while.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 08:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  

I'm sure this was posted before. But yeah I'm not sure why a guy like Adeniji got cut over Ford. Maybe it's the guard depth but from all the people that cover the Bengals on Twitter they thought Adeniji was playing just like the guy he is not great but not terrible. 

It's possible he was playing better this preseason, I didn't really pay attention to him. He was awful in both 2021 (48.3) and 2022 (54.1) and even worse in the playoffs where he was 37.6 and 43.6. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Many of us had high hopes for Hakeem Adeniji when he was drafted from Kansas.  The fact that he's able to shine in preseason, yet not stand up to #1s in live NFL action is all you really need to know to understand possibly why the team chose to move on from him.  He's a dynamic player, has decent technical skills and knows how to play multiple positions, but when the competition is at the highest level he just physically cannot hold his own against the NLF's best.

It's sad, and I wish him luck and hope that he at least finds a home with another team for a while.

D'ante looked like he has reached Adeniji's level. I get why they went with him.
Reply/Quote

I guess the question is who did we cut on oline who is better
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 08:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: D'ante looked like he has reached Adeniji's level. I get why they went with him.

I'm not sure that D'Ante Smith has reached his ceiling yet, while it seems that Adeniji may have..  That's not a knock on Hakeem, it's not his fault that his body didn't grow Andrew Whitworth like thighs over the past 3 years.  Sometimes there are genetic limitations as to how far a player can progress.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 07:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A lot of good players were cut in Cincinnati today.  That means the final 53-man roster will be filled with great players.  The Bengals have come a long way and now the final roster is filled with high quality players.

It wasn't long ago we needed a rookie or 2 to start game 1. Now our rookies are fighting to beat out vets. I agree 100% Fan.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I appreciate this thread. I had a long day at work and it was nice catching up on the news. As always, props The Bengals Board.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 08:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  

I think fans put more stock into preseason games than the team does. I saw one of our cuts was graded 3rd overall at his position which I think was DE by pff.
Reply/Quote
Sidney Jones is an interesting cut. The others were meh.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Really, he isn't: unlike McCoy (whom everyone wants all of a sudden), he has a significantly-better resume and numbers.

Siemien just played awful all camp and PS, I'm honestly surprised how terribly he performed.

Maybe he's not conducive to our system...

So I doubt they do it because Browning has been in the system so long, but Zappe is the move.

I wouldn't want McCoy.

Semien had a decent year in 16. Then, 21 with the Saints did ok in limited snaps. I just think he's mediocre.

But, he's cheap as is Browning. They're not going to go out and spend $5 million on a QB.
Reply/Quote