Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut/Waiver/Released/Traded/IR Tracker
(08-29-2023, 05:10 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I'm not arguing for Chrisman and I'm fine with Robbins certainly willing to trust the coaching and Simmons specifically on that one. But I do wonder if we hold a grudge on players. Spain gets beat by Donald and he's not even worth keeping around as depth. Adeniji gets beat by Chris Jones and suddenly he's not worth keeping around with no real new editions to take over for him. Now Chrisman is replaced by Robbins which I do get but Chrisman may have won the battle. 

I don’t disagree. There were some grudges with Carman too.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:09 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They kept Cody Ford????? Are you kidding me. Seriously, was part of Orlando Brown signing contingent on Cody Ford making the team too? He was the worst lineman we had.

Ha ha I’m a Sooner and all you guys think it’s Gooner not Sooner because of Mixon but I didn’t want them to sign him. He is mean. His only bright spot is he is versatile. But they don’t need 10 with Collins coming back.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:09 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They kept Cody Ford?????  Are you kidding me.  Seriously, was part of Orlando Brown signing contingent on Cody Ford making the team too?  He was the worst lineman we had.

Saw that myself. The coaches must of seen something from him in practice, because yeah, Ford was bad, especially at Guard.

Saw him make one good run block against the Packers though. It was the big run play by Evans for 25 yards.

(08-29-2023, 05:11 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I also notice Gunter isnt listed so he was cut.  Tufele makes the 53 man roster

Glad Tufele made it, hope we can store Gunter on the PS along with RJ3. 

I just think someone will steal RJ3, dude is a good pass rusher. At least he was this preseason. Gunter still has work to do.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:11 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I also notice Gunter isnt listed so he was cut.  Tufele makes the 53 man roster

As expected. Gotta have 5 DT/NT types. 
Reply/Quote
I’d hope that isn’t the final 53

Seem very light at TE pass catching wise and as for keeping Ford.

I’ve thought Pollack was clueless for a fair few years now, that confirms it.

Christ I’ve just realised we kept Hill too.

How many mediocre linemen does he need?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:19 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I’d hope that isn’t the final 53

Seem very light at TE pass catching wise and as for keeping Ford.

I’ve thought Pollack was clueless for a fair few years now, that confirms it.

Hope we pick up Ben Cleveland if the Ratbirds are thinking about cutting him like they say and then we can cut Ford.

Maybe make a trade or somethin'.
Reply/Quote
I would caution fans to keep in mind most of us see these players in 3 preseason games. Our coaches see them in every drill, every practice and in the classroom.

I liked Johnson III too, but what I don't know is if he played within our scheme to make those splash plays, how did he play against the run. How did he play in practice going against our starting OL?

My guess is he has some work to do and why he was cut. Hopefully, he makes it to our practice squad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Best guess PS:

1. QB: Sinnett
2. RB: Salyers
3. WR: Jackson
4. WR/Slot: Taylor
5. TE: Hudson
6. OT: Adeniji
7. G/C: B. Brown
8. C/G: Gilliam
9. DE: Johnson III
10. DT/NT: D. Davis
11. LB: K. Jones
12. CB: S. Jones
13. CB: George
14. S: M. Thomas
15. DE: Gunter
16. WR: Morgan

Next up: Chrisman (P), Carney (DE), Lassiter (WR), Kirkland (G/T).
Reply/Quote
In terms of the waiver wire:

1. QB2
2. IOL backups
3. TE
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:04 PM)Synric Wrote:

(08-29-2023, 05:05 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: From Bengals.com
https://www.bengals.com/news/53-man-roster-2023-season-cincinnati

I wish Hudson would have made it, but I get why not.

Honestly, none of this is surprising.

You have to think Collins bumps either Smith or Carman off the roster once he's back.
Or maybe they get crazy and trade/cut Collins once he's healthy for extra money to go toward extensions/2024.
Personally though, I think Collins as depth provides more value than Smith or Carman would.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wish Hudson would have made it, but I get why not.

You have to think Collins bumps either Smith or Carman off the roster once he's back.
Or maybe they get crazy and trade/cut Collins once he's healthy for extra money to go toward extensions/2024.
Personally though, I think Collins as depth provides more value than Smith or Carman would.

You mean La'el would bump Cody Ford off the roster who was worse than both D'Ante and Carman this PS...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wish Hudson would have made it, but I get why not.

If they cut Collins they’ll have to find a new RT next year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If they cut Collins they’ll have to find a new RT next year.

Yep I know. Or extend/tag Williams. Or try their hand at Carman/Smith at RT while drafting a guy (early) to compete.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:19 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I’ve thought Pollack was clueless for a fair few years now, that confirms it.

Christ I’ve just realised we kept Hill too.

How many mediocre linemen does he need?

I thought for sure having Scharping being able to play center as well as guard would result in Hill being cut.  What does Hill offer, that we dont already get from Scharping?  Maybe the coaching staff still considers Hill the #2 center and Scharping #3 but I thought Scharping outplayed him.  Hill taking up a roster spot is a waste of that roster spot.
Reply/Quote
Talking about the punt game. Some guys here are saying it won't matter much who is punting or something to that effect, since our offense will be marching up and down the field. You folks don't remember all the 3 and outs by this high powered O the last 2 years? I do, all those games that they didn't score till the second half, all those PUNTS in the 1st half cause our high powered O couldn't get a 1st down. I don't think Brown at LT is somehow going to magically fix all the 3 and outs. I'm glad they signed Brown and hope Robbins is above average. But they will be punting plenty.
Reply/Quote

Collins won't be back until at least week 5, sadly we will suffer injuries to open up a spot(s) also. I hope I am wrong, but odds are against us keeping entire team healthy all year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Ford is a placeholder until La'el Collins comes off PUP.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:09 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They kept Cody Ford?????  Are you kidding me.  Seriously, was part of Orlando Brown signing contingent on Cody Ford making the team too?  He was the worst lineman we had.

I don't really understand either. I get none of the back of the roster guys are likely going to make significant impact but I feel like we could have easily kept a better player over Ford or Hill. Keep 10 lineman seems excessive with how poorly so many of the played in preseason. 

I wonder if they keep him if Smith doesn't also get hurt.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:42 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I thought for sure having Scharping being able to play center as well as guard would result in Hill being cut.  What does Hill offer, that we dont already get from Scharping?  Maybe the coaching staff still considers Hill the #2 center and Scharping #3 but I thought Scharping outplayed him.  Hill taking up a roster spot is a waste of that roster spot.

Could not agree more. 10 OL was the biggest surprise to me. 

I think Collins will likely bump Hill or Ford when he returns, despite Carman & Smith being tackles. The competition for that last OL spot will continue while Collins is on PUP. 

FWIW, many outlets I am seeing are listing Hudson as a vested vet, though OTC has him with 3 seasons. If true, it means he is a FA & couod immediately be signed to the PS, like Thomas, S. Jones, Taylor, Morgan, Siemian, & Basham. 
Reply/Quote
Cody Ford is dealing with a concussion. D'ante Smith has a shoulder injury. Do not discount the possibility that one or both are heading for IR tomorrow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote