Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut/Waiver/Released/Traded/IR Tracker
Saylors reportedly cut. Reportedly we wouldlike him on the PS.

PS dream:
1. QB: Sinnett (or Browning if we oick up a cut QB#2)
2. RB: Saylors (which means we kept 4 RBs)
3. WR: Taylor
4. WR: Jackson
5. TE: Wilcox (Hudson makes team)
6. OT: Adeniji
7. G/C: B. Brown
8. DE: Johnson III
9. DT/NT: D. Davis
10. CB: S. Jones
11. S: Thomas
-----------
12. WR: Morgan
13. DE: Gunter
14. CB: George
15. DE: Carney
16. LB: Jones

Next up: T. Hill (C/G), Chrisman (P), Lassiter (WR), Asiasi (TE), Gilliam (IOL).
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 03:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There is a lot of debate on Chrisman/Robbins in this thread. Chrisman's primary issue is his hangtime. During the 2022 regular season, he ranked second to last in average hangtime with 3.89 seconds. That is who he is. His average hangtime in college varied from 3.72 to 3.89. He is able to get good distance on his punts, but they come down quickly. That's an issue.

Why Robbins won out is that his leg is only marginally weaker than Chrisman's but his hangtime is notably better. Using data from the 2022 regular season, punters with similar hangtime and YPA as Robbins have a return rate of 42-ish%. That's right at league average. For reference, Drue Chrisman had a return rate of 50% last season, worse than league average.

Will Robbins end up being an amazing punter? Probably not. Will he be better than Chrisman? Yes.

I really don’t think the average poster here realizes how thorough the data is on every player. They’ve got it on the running back’s efficiency, the OL guys, and like you said everything about Chrisman. They aren’t wasting a pick on a punter if theirs not dissatisfaction
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 02:20 PM)Housh Wrote: Jesus i think we’re gonna have all draft picks make the roster

Holy sht

Conversely, we are one of 4 (I believe that's what they sated) teams that is projected to have 0 rookies starting. I get Robbins but I sure they were talking O/D
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 03:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw that Greedy Williams got cut by the Eagles. I remember when the Browns drafted him everyone thought it was some great bit of luck.

Greedy was always a bad tackler, not surprised he got cut.

(08-29-2023, 03:38 PM)higgy100 Wrote: What you're not understanding is this offense far more than not will move the ball and get plenty of 1st downs. They'll also stahl out more drives out by the 40-50 yard line so you want a guy that can give you hang time. It's not just about booming the ball.

Very true, Robbins might just fit what we do better than Chrisman. Neither are Huber in his prime, but we can hope Robbins can 
be a weapon with his hangtime and keep Returners from killing us like in the AFCC game. We are expecting to move the ball very 
well on Offense this season, not go 3 and out all the time where we need a booming Punter.

Also, as others have said, it doesn't matter if the Punter has a huge leg if he is kicking to the Returner and it goes for a big return.

(08-29-2023, 03:41 PM)3wt Wrote: I think Johnson's a mistake.   Really liked the way he played.

Same here, hope we can stash RJ3 on the PS but I doubt it. I am sure the other teams we played in PS were noticing him
getting to the QB a lot. With Ossai and his high ankle sprain and Murphy still needing a lot of work on his pass rush this is 
even more of a headscratching cut.

(08-29-2023, 03:43 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Anyway away from the who can boot the ball really high contest.

Kuntz has been cut by the Jets plenty in here had him on their boards all depends on if we are happy with Hudson and Wilcox as TE3 and 4

High RAS scores that is for sure. Wanted to draft Kuntz late because of his potential.

I do like Hudson and Wilcox though and if what Whatever here says is true, I want no part of Kuntz.

(08-29-2023, 04:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: Kuntz supposedly has zero love for the game at all.  He basically just played in college because of his athletic traits.  

No thanks then... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ..Same here, hope we can stash RJ3 on the PS but I doubt it. I am sure the other teams we played in PS were noticing him
getting to the QB a lot. With Ossai and his high ankle sprain and Murphy still needing a lot of work on his pass rush this is 
even more of a headscratching cut...

I wonder about that too. One of the big issues that everybody talked about last year on defense was the lack of pass rush.  Murphy isnt ready, Ossai is hurt, Gunter and Sample have not proven to be pass rush guys.  We had a DE that stood out in the preseason amongst the other DEs at getting some pressure to the QB and we waive him.  I know its only preseason and having a good preseason doesnt mean you are going to be a good player in regular season but you would hate to see Johnson get claimed by another team and do well if we continue to struggle getting pressure keeping the same guys that couldnt get pressure before.
Reply/Quote
It is interesting that a draft pretty much designed to restock the position cupboard groups at WR, DB and DE has all the picks making the 53. Part of this is the depth in the secondary and also that both WRs taken flashed pretty well (Iosivas actually more than Jones). I still think that the way the offense struggled at the end of the AFCCG when Boyd went down was a factor in us going WR twice like this (that and insurance against losing Boyd and/or Tee after this season).
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 04:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Conversely, we are one of 4 (I believe that's what they sated) teams that is projected to have 0 rookies starting. I get Robbins but I sure they were talking O/D

what a great spot to be in
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: High RAS scores that is for sure. Wanted to draft Kuntz late because of his potential.

I do like Hudson and Wilcox though and if what Whatever here says is true, I want no part of Kuntz.

No thanks then... Mellow

Me too.  I thought Kuntz had some potential but how many times do we see potential not translate into on field success?  It happens
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 04:51 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I wonder about that too. One of the big issues that everybody talked about last year on defense was the lack of pass rush.  Murphy isnt ready, Ossai is hurt, Gunter and Sample have not proven to be pass rush guys.  We had a DE that stood out in the preseason amongst the other DEs at getting some pressure to the QB and we waive him.  I know its only preseason and having a good preseason doesnt mean you are going to be a good player in regular season but you would hate to see Johnson get claimed by another team and do well if we continue to struggle getting pressure keeping the same guys that couldnt get pressure before.

Honestly, I was expecting Gunter to be the End that impressed the most this preseason, but it was RJ3 instead.

Still have hope for Gunter, but I would still of kept the guy that impressed the most and put Gunter on the PS. 

Less likely to get poached than RJ3 IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 12:08 PM)pally Wrote: 7)   Devin Asiasi

Still blows my mind that they chose him over OJ Howard. Granted Howard wasn't amazing in Houston, but I don't think anyone was good in Houston with Davis Mills and the tanking. Still, playing 183 offensive snaps with Joe Burrow and coming out with 5 receiving yards just makes me wonder what the Bengals saw in Asiasi.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's almost that time.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 04:51 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I wonder about that too. One of the big issues that everybody talked about last year on defense was the lack of pass rush.  Murphy isnt ready, Ossai is hurt, Gunter and Sample have not proven to be pass rush guys.  We had a DE that stood out in the preseason amongst the other DEs at getting some pressure to the QB and we waive him.  I know its only preseason and having a good preseason doesnt mean you are going to be a good player in regular season but you would hate to see Johnson get claimed by another team and do well if we continue to struggle getting pressure keeping the same guys that couldnt get pressure before.

Maybe Lou is planning to use more trickery, shifts, stunts and such up front to help the line get pressure better. Of course the major lack is actually INTERIOR pass rush. If we can get real pass rush inside watch the pressure numbers skyrocket. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 04:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Maybe Lou is planning to use more trickery, shifts, stunts and such up front to help the line get pressure better. Of course the major lack is actually INTERIOR pass rush. If we can get real pass rush inside watch the pressure numbers skyrocket. 

That is true too.  We dont have anybody like Geno on that D-line.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: "currently"...... 

Chisel it in stone. No way do we bring in a new QB to learn the system during a season...If anyone is brought it it will be a 3rd sting QB Browning will hold QB 2.

P.S. Joe B will get every snap from now till we play the Browns that he can handle.
Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
From Bengals.com
https://www.bengals.com/news/53-man-roster-2023-season-cincinnati
Reply/Quote
They kept Cody Ford????? Are you kidding me. Seriously, was part of Orlando Brown signing contingent on Cody Ford making the team too? He was the worst lineman we had.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 04:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I really don’t think the average poster here realizes how thorough the data is on every player. They’ve got it on the running back’s efficiency, the OL guys, and like you said everything about Chrisman. They aren’t wasting a pick on a punter if theirs not dissatisfaction

Well I'm not arguing for Chrisman and I'm fine with Robbins certainly willing to trust the coaching and Simmons specifically on that one. But I do wonder if we hold a grudge on players. Spain gets beat by Donald and he's not even worth keeping around as depth. Adeniji gets beat by Chris Jones and suddenly he's not worth keeping around with no real new editions to take over for him. Now Chrisman is replaced by Robbins which I do get but Chrisman may have won the battle. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 04:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still blows my mind that they chose him over OJ Howard. Granted Howard wasn't amazing in Houston, but I don't think anyone was good in Houston with Davis Mills and the tanking. Still, playing 183 offensive snaps with Joe Burrow and coming out with 5 receiving yards just makes me wonder what the Bengals saw in Asiasi.

Same here, was never impressed by this guy. Looked out of shape all the time, dropped balls, wasn't impressive blocking etc.

(08-29-2023, 04:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Maybe Lou is planning to use more trickery, shifts, stunts and such up front to help the line get pressure better. Of course the major lack is actually INTERIOR pass rush. If we can get real pass rush inside watch the pressure numbers skyrocket. 

Lou will be up to his mad scientist self you can bet on that. Just hope RJ3 sticks around on the PS, he looked good.

(08-29-2023, 05:01 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That is true too.  We dont have anybody like Geno on that D-line.

Zach Carter is the hope and he didn't look bad at all this preseason. He looks way buffer and just plain stronger.
Reply/Quote
I also notice Gunter isnt listed so he was cut. Tufele makes the 53 man roster
Reply/Quote