Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut/Waiver/Released/Traded/IR Tracker
(08-29-2023, 04:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Me too.  I thought Kuntz had some potential but how many times do we see potential not translate into on field success?  It happens

I admit, i was hoping for him as well, but after finding out who all of the Perfect RAS TE's (4 others i think) i was rather shocked that none of them did much in the NFL, and looks like Kuntz is going to fit that mold. Then discovering that he did next to nothing while at Penn St, and only having one good year at ODU while he was the elder on the field.. kinda reminds me to pay attention to one year wonders
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I doubt they do it because Browning has been in the system so long, but Zappe is the move.

I wouldn't want McCoy.

Semien had a decent year in 16. Then, 21 with the Saints did ok in limited snaps. I just think he's mediocre.

But, he's cheap as is Browning. They're not going to go out and spend $5 million on a QB.

Forgot about him. Not a bad idea.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You mean La'el would bump Cody Ford off the roster who was worse than both D'Ante and Carman this PS...

We need to trade Carman to a team that needs a LT. 
It's obvious that's pretty much the only position he can do effectively at this level. 
I don't think he will be an bust in the NFL, but he is for us because of Brown now.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think fans put more stock into preseason games than the team does. I saw one of our cuts was graded 3rd overall at his position which I think was DE by pff.

I try and not put to much stock into preseason at least in the winning and losing category. But even are coaches put a lot of stock into it if Ossai needed the reps and that's why he was out there on Saturday. But when it comes down to oline or really in depth player evaluation I trust the guys who breakdown film. They were saying Adeniji is what he has been he hasn't regressed. So I don't have a problem replacing him it just seems we haven't replaced him with anyone better. But maybe he didn't give any guard depth and or Smith gives them the same value. Obviously we have to trust the coaches but they have burned us on the oline a decent amount in recent years.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:38 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Johnson released damn.

Can only assume Ossai isn’t as bad as people think.

I hope Bengals can get Johnson on PS.  He was the preseason beast....
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess the question is who did we cut on oline who is better

Take all the offensive linemen and put their names in a hat.  Pull one name out at random.  That would be the correct answer.  Even an undrafted rookie Kirkland as much as he struggled graded out higher than Ford who will be playing his 4th NFL season.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:25 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Take all the offensive linemen and put their names in a hat.  Pull one name out at random.  That would be the correct answer.  Even an undrafted rookie Kirkland as much as he struggled graded out higher than Ford who will be playing his 4th NFL season.

So your answer is Kirkland? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/report-former-bengals-wide-receiver-trent-taylor-signs-with-chicago-bears?fbclid=IwAR0mwPtiteOUV6PFtAZDW5wYCsetruMp242Y2kLwf-9d-O1bidor6TIyA4s

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 03:04 PM)Synric Wrote:

I like all these guys, just hope we can keep RJ3 around...

This is my only concern with our bubble guys. I also liked what I saw of Hudson at TE. Happy he is still around along with Shed.
Reply/Quote
Hakeem Adenijji looks to be heading to the Vikings practice squad pending passing his physical

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:09 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope Bengals can get Johnson on PS.  He was the preseason beast....

Don't think he made it.  Of all the players we released I feel like he was the only one I'd like to have had back.  I guess Hudson too.

He just showed way too much to chance waiving
Reply/Quote
Wish Bengals would have picked up Ifedi instead of Buffalo.
Ifedi is better as backup swing OG/OT than Ford, IMO.
Would have given much better insurance in case of an injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:57 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No surprise on Thomas, the writing was on the wall there. Though I get why some had him making it until recently.

He will land on the PS for sure. No waivers, he is a vested vet.

Mike Thomas = Future Coach
write it down!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 06:11 PM)3wt Wrote: Don't think he made it.  Of all the players we released I feel like he was the only one I'd like to have had back.  I guess Hudson too.

He just showed way too much to chance waiving

Well that sucks...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 07:06 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Mike Thomas = Future Coach
write it down!

Never understood how a person can coach a position they never played or wasn't so good at it. I guess you can know fundamentals and keep stats and charts and things, but seriously unless they've got something personal to teach, then really, just about anyone who studied the fundamentals underneath a seasoned position coach. I mean, JMO.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 09:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Never understood how a person can coach a position they never played or wasn't so good at it. I guess you can know fundamentals and keep stats and charts and things, but seriously unless they've got something personal to teach, then really, just about anyone who studied the fundamentals underneath a seasoned position coach. I mean, JMO.

Knowing how to fundamentally do something doesn’t always correlate to being able to do it at the highest level. Maybe you’re just not fast enough, strong enough or big enough. That doesn’t mean you can’t teach it. Coaching is also as much about connection as it is about teaching.

You can be the smartest guy in the room and the best to ever play the position, but if you can’t connect with those you teach, forget about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 09:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Never understood how a person can coach a position they never played or wasn't so good at it. I guess you can know fundamentals and keep stats and charts and things, but seriously unless they've got something personal to teach, then really, just about anyone who studied the fundamentals underneath a seasoned position coach. I mean, JMO.

The question begs:

Who's the best player ever to be successful as an NFL coach?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The question begs:

Who's the best player ever to be successful as an NFL coach?

Probably Ditka
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote