Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut/Waiver/Released/Traded/IR Tracker
(08-29-2023, 11:43 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Not unexpected but still dumb, IMHO.  

Looks like we will keep a 7th WR who offers nothing from scrimmage or a mediocre caliber OL instead. 

I hope he clears waivers, but I doubt it. 

Somebody has to play teams.....
Reply/Quote
Fringe guys not yet cut: Evans, T. Williams, Morgan, Taylor, Wilcox, Hudson, Smith, T. Hill, Ford, Gunter, Carney, D. Davis, S. Jones.

I would keep B. Brown, but that is likely a reach by me.
Reply/Quote
Adeniji gone is good. He should have been cut right after the AFCCG.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:48 AM)Joelist Wrote: Adeniji gone is good. He should have been cut right after the AFCCG.

Yeah, I do not want to watch him here anymore.
Reply/Quote
Cut guys I hope are on the PS:

1. Thomas, S
2. Johnson, DE
3. George, CB
4. Adeniji, OT (ducks!)
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Really, he isn't: unlike McCoy (whom everyone wants all of a sudden), he has a significantly-better resume and numbers.

Siemien just played awful all camp and PS, I'm honestly surprised how terribly he performed.

Maybe he's not conducive to our system...

While that's true regarding Siemian's resume and numbers, almost all of his success was 7 years ago, in the 2016 season. He really hasn't done anything since. And the Bengals were his 7th team. He was on a lot of practice squads. Really, it was just the 2016 season where he racked up all the numbers and even was an alternative to the ProBowl. But nothing much since.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:09 AM)pally Wrote: Good Bye Hakeem Adeniji...this is possibly a good sign that D'Ante Smith's shoulder injury isn't serious

Please don’t clear waivers…

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would that be an "ego hit?" Taylor brought in a guy who was a starter as an NFL quarterback and gave him a look to see if he would be better than Browning. He wasn't, so he sent him home. How that's an ego hit is beyond me, to me it's good coaching. 

Cause from what i read when he signed Zac was very adamant in getting him and believed he could be QB2

It’s definitely petty but these guys do have egos regarding that stuff
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Raymond Johnson??? Don’t get that one.

Hasta la vista Siemian and Adeniji.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 12:08 PM)Housh Wrote: Cause from what i read when he signed Zac was very adamant in getting him and believed he could be QB2

It’s definitely petty but these guys do have egos regarding that stuff

Again, I think it's a pretty solid move to bring him in and let him compete against Browning, with his resume. And I am somewhat shocked he didn't get the job. Browning has improved from last year though with the help of Jordan Palmer. I still don't see how giving Semian a chance is somehow an egg on the face moment. Bringing in competition and letting the best player win is what good coaches do. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:38 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Johnson released damn.

Can only assume Ossai isn’t as bad as people think.

The 2 may be related but it may not be because Ossai's injury is not bad, we'll find out in about 24 hours. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 12:08 PM)pally Wrote: Try to keep this thread for known roster updates, so they are all in one place, as the Bengals work to finalize the roster

The news will start to trickle out as players are notified over the next couple of days.

The initial 53 must be set by 4 PM Tues Aug 29th. Waiver claims must be placed before noon on Wed Aug 30th. If a player is placed on IR prior to 4 PM on Tuesday, he is done for the season. To be able to return they must be on the initial roster. Also, keep in mind that some players (like a Stanley Morgan) might be cut only to be brought back the next day as an IR move is made. Players currently on the PUP list do not count toward the 53. A player with 4 or more vested seasons is released outright all others are subject to waivers. Released players may sign with anyone. Waived players must go to the claiming team and must be on the roster for at least the week 1 game

1) Tarell Basham (8/25)
2) Allan George
3) Trevor Siemian
4) Reid Sinnett
5) Michael Thomas
6) Hakeem Adeniji
7) Devin Asiasi
8) Raymond Johnson

Nice to see Turnstile released. Adeniji had to be the worst olinemen from last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:54 AM)Nepa Wrote: While that's true regarding Siemian's resume and numbers, almost all of his success was 7 years ago, in the 2016 season. He really hasn't done anything since. And the Bengals were his 7th team. He was on a lot of practice squads. Really, it was just the 2016 season where he racked up all the numbers and even was an alternative to the ProBowl. But nothing much since.

2021 was not 7 years ago:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SiemTr00.htm Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 12:11 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Raymond Johnson??? Don’t get that one.

Hasta la vista Siemian and Adeniji.

especially when Gunter and Carney at DE have not been cut, at least not yet.   It would be nice to have Johnson on the practice squad but I dont think he makes it past waivers. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Really, he isn't: unlike McCoy (whom everyone wants all of a sudden), he has a significantly-better resume and numbers.

Siemien just played awful all camp and PS, I'm honestly surprised how terribly he performed.

Maybe he's not conducive to our system...

I agree i pretty much penciled him in as our #2, but he played terrible and we only assume regressed and really showed little leadership out there whereas  Mccoy played better in limited time and he has way more of a fire and savvy veteran than Siemien.. so would be a better backup i think than Browning but I don;t expect the Bengals to make a move
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:39 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep, not sure where the ego thing comes from regarding Zac. Hey, you took a flyer, it didn't work, move on. Seems that's the way things are ran now.

Agree. I don’t get the impression there’s ANY ego involved with Zac. Marvin Lewis….now there’s a guy who stuck with players way past their expiration dates.

I didn’t hate on Siemian as much as some. I “thought” he could be a good back up. But, he just didn’t seem to grasp this offense or play book. I do think another NFL team will pick him up.
Reply/Quote
I could see Bengals cutting all back up QB's if Steelers cut Rudolph

Then sign Browning to PS
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I would love to see us sign Will Grier. He would be a major upgrade over Browning.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
only a surprise to Ian

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote