Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutdown day 2018 - FINAL 53 & Practice Squad are set
Random, but Mr. Mrs. Dalton just walked into my work...I just fangirled so hard. loooooool.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Russell is a big surprise to me. I thought he was our 4th best CB. Shaw too, even though some on here were calling that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 09:53 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Russell is a big surprise to me.  I thought he was our 4th best CB.  Shaw too, even though some on here were calling that.

i thought they resigned Russell, Shaw went to IR
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 09:53 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Russell is a big surprise to me.  I thought he was our 4th best CB.  Shaw too, even though some on here were calling that.

Russell had that INT vs the Bears, and looked pretty solid in coverage. He did, however, miss some tackles, one that allowed a TD for the Bills. Phillips, on the hand, looked really iffy in coverage during the preseason games. They kept him for his return skills. Russell will be the first CB called up in case of injury to any of the others. 

I'm super happy for Tony McRae. He's hung around the PS for 2 years prior to finally making the 53. He played at NC A&T, which is small school. Probably not alot of NFL players ever came from there. Like Phillips, he also has return skills, and he can contribute to STs in other ways, too. Plus, he's always looked good in coverage. He reminds me a little of Adam Jones. Thankfully, he doesn't seem to jaw as much. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 11:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i thought they resigned Russell, Shaw went to IR

Russel went to the Practice Squad. He'll be 1st one up if one of our corners gets dinged.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 11:32 PM)Shady Wrote: Russell had that INT vs the Bears, and looked pretty solid in coverage. He did, however, miss some tackles, one that allowed a TD for the Bills. Phillips, on the hand, looked really iffy in coverage during the preseason games. They kept him for his return skills. Russell will be the first CB called up in case of injury to any of the others. 

I'm super happy for Tony McRae. He's hung around the PS for 2 years prior to finally making the 53. He played at NC A&T, which is small school. Probably not alot of NFL players ever came from there. Like Phillips, he also has return skills, and he can contribute to STs in other ways, too. Plus, he's always looked good in coverage. He reminds me a little of Adam Jones. Thankfully, he doesn't seem to jaw as much. 

There have been several from NC AT&T who've played in in NFL.

Elvin Bethea is their most notable player, and the list also includes former Bengal Craig Thompson (TE in '92 and '93).

https://www.footballdb.com/draft/college.html?c=North+Carolina+A%26T
Reply/Quote