Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*DAY 2 DRAFT TARGETS*
(04-26-2024, 04:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get everyone saying wide receiver.

We have two good prospects on the roster already in Charlie Jones and Yoshi. We addressed it last year. 

Boyd is a free agent. Irwin and Tee are free agents next year.

We have Chase, Yoshi, and Chuck sizzle next year. If we are building our roster through the draft we definitely need to plan for the future.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 04:41 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd love to see them get Jenkins from Michigan.

Same. They better not pick a RB/WR here. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:43 PM)higgy100 Wrote: I was strictly speaking of this past season as the poster said how none of the backup WR's had proven anything so they need another WR. Point being that no backup WR this past season was going to be targeted a whole lot let alone catch dozens of balls with the Big 3 playing along with Mixon catching 60 balls with a backup QB. 

Cool, true, hard to judge if Yoshi or Chuck are the answer for sure without enough targets.

(04-26-2024, 04:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get everyone saying wide receiver.

We have two good prospects on the roster already in Charlie Jones and Yoshi. We addressed it last year. 

Have to go BPA and there should be a lot of good ones around today. I want us to trade up for Newton probably more than anything but we
pass the ball a lot and Boyd isn't going to be here and neither will Tee after this year.

(04-26-2024, 04:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those two are complimentary pieces at best, not core players. They shouldn’t stop them from drafting another WR high. This team throws the ball way too much to rely on a bunch of day 3 picks.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with adding another WR as insurance in case Yoshi or Chuck are not Tee and Boyd replacements.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 04:55 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Same. They better not pick a RB/WR here. 

You are more likely to get a solid NT in the mid to late rounds than a star WR or RB...
Reply/Quote
For the 2nd, I'm okay with WR if it's a true elite talent. I think Ladd McConkey could be that and would have no problem there. I think CB could be in play here again if a couple of the top guys fall a bit. Otherwise I am looking to DT and potentially TE.
Reply/Quote
Lots of talent left on the defensive side of the board:

CB:
Kool-Aid/ DeJean/ Rakestraw

DE:
Braswell/Issac/Trice

DT:
Newton/Sweat/Fiske/Jenkins

LB:
Colson/Wilson/Trotter/Cooper

WTS:

I hope the "blood sugar" issue allows AD Mitchell to fall to #49 or no-love for RBs allows for Trey Benson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maason Smith should come off the board sometime tonight and I've been a fan of his to Cincy for a while but Amarius Mims and Maason Smith in the same class is tempting fate a bit lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of talent left on the defensive side of the board:

CB:

DE:
Braswell/Issac/Trice

DT:

LB:

WTS:

I hope the "blood sugar" issue allows AD Mitchell to fall to #49 or no-love for RBs allows for Trey Benson

Nice list. I’d take any of the cbs or d line. Or Haynes or beebe for iol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Your definition of good prospect differs from mine.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 05:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Nice list.  I’d take any of the cbs or d line.  Or Haynes or beebe for iol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love going IOL and would add Frazier to your list. Hell JPJ is still available. But I think we have Volson for as long as we have Pollack, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of talent left on the defensive side of the board:

CB:

DE:
Braswell/Issac/Trice

DT:

LB:

WTS:

Trice impressed me as a pass rusher every time I watched the Huskies.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 2nd round-  
WR Franklin Oregon, Coleman Fl. State, Wilson Mich
DB- Sainristil Mich, Rakestraw Missouri, Phillps KY
C/G-  Johnson Oregon  

3rd round
WR- Washington VA,  Polk Wash
TE Sinnott, Stover,  Sanders, Johnson
G- Hayness Conn
DT  Sweat , Jenkins,
Edge- Issac Penn,
CB- Carson

I would be happy with all of the ones bolded.

I look back to when I was young and stupid, i made plenty of mistakes so if he is there at #49, hope we take Sweat.

For those concerned, Travis Kelcie fell in the draft also due to his party reputation. He still is a huge kid, but one heck of a football player. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 05:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would love going IOL and would add Frazier to your list. Hell JPJ is still available. But I think we have Volson for as long as we have Pollack, 

I think I would rather have Frazier over JPJ with the health concerns
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 08:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think I would rather have Frazier over JPJ with the health concerns

Both are gone. I like Cooper Beebe, Goncalves, Bortolini and other IOL though who at the moment are still available...
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd got 98 targets, the most he's gotten since '20, and he's still out there on the street due to poor production.  You don't think a guy like McConkey couldn't put Boyd on the bench, especially with the opportunities the injuries created?

No, he would NOT put Boyd on the bench last year or this year if Boyd was resigned and I have no idea what makes you think he would over a veteran that A) would be making a good deal of $ to ride the pine, and B) one who is still a very good WR. Boyd is on the street because he wants a larger amount of money than the market at this time wants to pay him. There were posters thinking Charlie Jones was also going to take reps/catches away from Boyd last season. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 11:12 AM)higgy100 Wrote: No, he would NOT put Boyd on the bench last year or this year if Boyd was resigned and I have no idea what makes you think he would over a veteran that A) would be making a good deal of $ to ride the pine, and B) one who is still a very good WR. Boyd is on the street because he wants a larger amount of money than the market at this time wants to pay him. There were posters thinking Charlie Jones was also going to take reps/catches away from Boyd last season. 

Boyd had has his most targets since '20 and produced his lowest yardage and TD totals since '17.  He had the lowest YPC of his career, fewest number of catches that went for 1st downs since '17, the lowest catch % since his rookie season, and the worst YPT of his career.  He had a career low in YAC/R and a career high in Drop Rate.  However, the killer is a pitiful 77.2 Passer Rating When Targeted, 2nd lowest of his career.  

Boyd is still sitting out there because he thinks he's a starter and deserves starter money, but 32 NFL GM's knows better.
Reply/Quote