Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DJ Reader a Bengal
Seems like it's been quite a while since we had the highest paid anybody at any position.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/w0TfFz6J5t0
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Excellent (and a bit surprising in a good way) signing. He's an upgrade over Billings that will help stop the run and let Atkins do his thing. Kudos Bengals front office!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm good with this signing. It takes both the franchise and player meshing to make a deal happen. I'm good to see someone signed with the Bengals for good money.
Reply/Quote
I like this move! Finally, a good player who is young enough to be a foundation piece rather than a has-been who is nothing but a place holder.
Reply/Quote
Mike took a nap and they slipped this one in on him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I swear to Christ, if they Shaun Rogers this up...
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:41 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Well well, looks like we all can start taking a bite out of the crow dish.

*All of the good LBs are gone.*
*All of the good OL are gone.*
*Multiple #1 WRs get traded.*

*Bengals sign a single player to improve a position they didn't need improved.*

"LoOks LiKe We AlL cAn StaRt TakINg a BiTe Of cROw."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:58 PM)pally Wrote:

Right on, DJ.  Welcome aboard.  

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you don’t have great linebackers the next best thing you can do is keep linemen off them and get to the QB, this move helps do that.

Absolutely. This instantly made the LB corps better. Not good, but better.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: *All of the good LBs are gone.*

*Bengals sign a single player to improve a position they didn't need improved.*

I believe the worst run D in the league would disagree.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I swear to Christ, if they Shaun Rogers this up...

AFAIR, Rogers never explicitly stated that he was excited and happy to come here lol

(03-17-2020, 05:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: *All of the good LBs are gone.*

[/b]*Bengals sign a single player to improve a position they didn't need improved.*[/b]

You're joking, right? If Tupou AND Billings were coming back, sure.

We have one true NT on the roster; with more 3-4 looks, you need at least 2, maybe 3.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Well I'm "STOKED!"
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:01 PM)McC Wrote: I believe the worst run D in the league would disagree.

The worst run D in the league because your "best" LB was named Nick Vigil.

This does nothing to help the LBs stop the run or cover TEs, which means it does nothing to help you beat the Ravens, which means it does nothing to help the Bengals win the division.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: AFAIR, Rogers never explicitly stated that he was excited and happy to come here lol

You're joking, right? If Tupou AND Billings were coming back, sure.

We have one true NT on the roster; with more 3-4 looks, you need at least 2, maybe 3.

I didn’t see his quotes, all I saw was the Bengals were “expected” to sign DJ Reader, or bengals “likely to land” DJ Reader... now that he himself has officially confirmed it, I can breathe a bit easier
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The worst run D in the league because your "best" LB was named Nick Vigil.

This does nothing to help the LBs stop the run or cover TEs, which means it does nothing to help you beat the Ravens, which means it does nothing to help the Bengals win the division.

It 100% does help stop the run. Understand that nose tackles keep linemen off the second level. He also is a plus pass rusher out of the NT position which is rare meaning we will hopefully get middle pressure on QBs quicker.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The worst run D in the league because your "best" LB was named Nick Vigil.

As far as I know, the season is not starting tomorrow.  Teams signing LB's now might not be drafting them so maybe one of them is there at 33.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:01 PM)McC Wrote: I believe the worst run D in the league would disagree.

True, but we still need another sideline to sideline LB. Hopefully we get another 2nd rounder or 3rd for Dalton and trade up
for Murray if we don't think he will make it to 33. Really thought there were tons of good LB's for us in FA before this all 
happened. Reader is a nice pick up though for damn sure. Not typical for us at all.
Reply/Quote