Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DJ Reader a Bengal
According to Dehner, Reader was #1 on their FA board. They stayed in contact with his agents as soon as tampering opened. They also battled for Schobert. Definitely different times around here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:40 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: According to Dehner, Reader was #1 on their FA board. They stayed in contact with his agents as soon as tampering opened. They also battled for Schobert. Definitely different times around here.

Great to hear BD. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Still can’t believe we got this guy. This guy is a wall in the middle of the defense. Once they find another linebacker or two look out !!!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 07:52 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Still can’t believe we got this guy.  This guy is a wall in the middle of the defense.    Once they find another linebacker or two look out !!!

He's the guy they hoped Billings would be and he's all the way there and he's still young.  I'm with you on every word you said.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 07:52 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Still can’t believe we got this guy.  This guy is a wall in the middle of the defense.    Once they find another linebacker or two look out !!!

(03-22-2020, 08:10 PM)McC Wrote: He's the guy they hoped Billings would be and he's all the way there and he's still young.  I'm with you on every word you said.

Feel exactly the same, biggest move this team has ever made in Free Agency to improve the team in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
Everyone has been griping about our NT play for years. Nobody liked Peko. Everyone was itching for this kind of signing for the last decade. It only took 1 year for the new regime to get it right. Gotta give them props. But the work isn't done yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
reader on playing alongside of Geno Atkins--

"They won't be able to double team both of us. I know that for a fact."

Geno eats one on ones for lunch.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 09:39 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Everyone has been griping about our NT play for years. Nobody liked Peko. Everyone was itching for this kind of signing for the last decade. It only took 1 year for the new regime to get it right. Gotta give them props. But the work isn't done yet.

I liked Peko, just didn't love the guy, he was a good run stopper and is a great man.

(03-22-2020, 09:47 PM)McC Wrote: reader on playing alongside of Geno Atkins--

"They won't be able to double team both of us.  I know that for a fact."

Yeah baby. Excited

BTW, this excited emoji is a bit weird man....
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 09:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked Peko, just didn't love the guy, he was a good run stopper and is a great man.

Yeah baby. Excited

Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 09:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked Peko, just didn't love the guy, he was a good run stopper and is a great man.

Yeah baby. Excited

Oh I liked Peko too. He's a likeable guy. Great guy. I was just referring to most people on the boards complaining that he wasn't an elite NT. 

We now have an elite NT. Get hyped baby!  Rock On (Gronk reference) 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited

You trying to weird me out man? Nervous 

(03-22-2020, 11:00 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Oh I liked Peko too. He's a likeable guy. Great guy. I was just referring to most people on the boards complaining that he wasn't an elite NT. 

I definitely was a big pusher for improvement over Peko and thought Billings would be the ticket.

It is all good now, got the guy I wanted. READER!!! Rock On

Fred always called me a Peko hater BTW. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 11:00 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Oh I liked Peko too. He's a likeable guy. Great guy. I was just referring to most people on the boards complaining that he wasn't an elite NT. 

He was never elite, but he was way better than he got credit for.

He certainly didn’t deserve to be referred to as the “useless tub of goo” by half the board.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 04:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was never elite, but he was way better than he got credit for.

He certainly didn’t deserve to be referred to as the “useless tub of goo” by half the board.

I never called him that, that is out of line. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 11:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You trying to weird me out man? Nervous 

Jerry

Huh we have a lot of new emotes since the last time I opened that menu. Like a year or more ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 03:15 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Jerry

Huh we have a lot of new emotes since the last time I opened that menu. Like a year or more ago.

Sure do, never used that excited emoji before lol :threadjack:
Reply/Quote

This is really good to hear. This is going to be a totally different team this season
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 03:45 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: This is really good to hear. This is going to be a totally different team this season

I remember Billings saying about the same thing but it is for real with Reader already...
Reply/Quote

I love reading that.  Joe
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 04:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I remember Billings saying about the same thing but it is for real with Reader already...

Btw, not trying to derail the thread, so don't tell anybody I said this...Jordan Ta'amu signed with the Chiefs.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 04:43 PM)McC Wrote: Btw, not trying to derail the thread, so don't tell anybody I said this...Jordan Ta'amu signed with the Chiefs.

Damn, liked that guy. Nice grab by the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote