Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DJ Reader calls out ref
I heard on the local radio broadcast that Hendrickson had to be pulled away from the refs to avoid getting flagged.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:48 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: He totally burficted Jamar. but why is he the phenomenal player while Vontaze was a villain? Announcer quick to say unintended.  Bullshit that was blatant.

Just had this whole argument on You tube. That had a video about the most hated guy in football history and a bunch of Steeler fans were on there whining about Burfict. I said, if Burfict was a Steeler he probably wouldnt make the top 10 dirty players in their history. Most hypocritical fan base in sports.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sure seems like Goodell had a talk with the refs before the game.
With Apple running around with that Goodell clown nose coin sign, I'm sure he have a nice hand selected crew for them again next week. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:19 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: With Apple running around with that Goodell clown nose coin sign, I'm sure he have a nice hand selected crew for them again next week. 

I’ll admit I thought it was pretty funny, albeit not the smartest thing to do. LOL

Reply/Quote
And I was called "silly" for predicting the head-hunting.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:50 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I am no Carman fan but watching a Ravens player put him in a headlock, drag him to the Ravens bench, and then let the rest of Ravens team beat the guy up and the Refs don't even mention it is mention it is messed up.

This got me pissed refs and NFL sent message to the Bengals rules do not matter they are going to let so much dirty stuff go on against us thru the playoffs. Let us hope we get some honorable refs in the future that do their job.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:15 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: This got me pissed refs and NFL sent message to the Bengals rules do not matter they are going to let so much dirty stuff go on against us thru the playoffs. Let us hope we get some honorable refs in the future that do their job.

Honorable refs? Lol the owners pay their salary
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:58 PM)jeremydc Wrote: All good…. No love lost . Either way, we will smash through the bs

How long have you been a Bengals fan??? I am not trying to set you up or question your loyalty to the team. Most fans know that the refs screw us as a fact and just do not address it because it has been going on for so long it is the norm. 

I would guess in a few years you would agree with most of us about this issue if you are new to the fanbase.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Baffles me  Shocked

I saw at least 3 major holds on Hendrickson not called.

A few push off by their WR in the game as well not suttle, but pushing hard fast with both arms fully extending.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: Thanks for posting the video. How is that just ignored by the refs? The announcers were questioning it as well, one trying to find a reason it wasn't penalized by casting the shadow of doubt that maybe the player was just running toward his teammate. But Chase was there and he went out of his way to lay a hit on Chase. If our player retaliated, then he gets hit with a 15-yard penalty. Or is ganged up on like Carman.

Different discipline and culture. We are not going to get baited we have smarter players then that. Chase laughed and would not address it much in an interview you know he wanted to but did the right thing and walked away from the confrontation because it would have ended up hurting us not them. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sure seems like Goodell had a talk with the refs before the game.

And sent a memo to the Ravens owner.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:19 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: With Apple running around with that Goodell clown nose coin sign, I'm sure he have a nice hand selected crew for them again next week. 

Screw it bring on the pain we are not backing down.

That clown pic was epic too that needs to be on a t shirt. I laughed so hard when I seen that picture did not know about Apple running around with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:13 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Screw it bring on the pain we are not backing down.

That clown pic was epic too that needs to be on a t shirt. I laughed so hard when I seen that picture did not know about Apple running around with it.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Love it 
Reply/Quote
The QB sneak that was an easy first down that the refs screwed us on the spot of the ball.
Reply/Quote
We are going to have to blow out every opponent or the refs are going to block us moving forward in the playoffs. I expect to see a lit of phantom holding calls on our pass plays next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:03 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: And I was called "silly" for predicting the head-hunting.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Bart Scott surely agrees with the sentiment!
Reply/Quote
Bengals are heading to the playoffs.Fasten your seatbelts.MUCH more to come.(Just when you think you’ve seen everything).
Reply/Quote
The entire defense was incensed about how the game was called.  They said the Ravens were playing dirty all day

https://theathletic.com/4070410/2023/01/08/bengals-ravens-wildcard-rematch/

Quote:Some Bengals players attributed the nastiness to good old-fashioned AFC North rivalries and a season finale in which both teams had something on the line.

“They were playing for a lot over there, too, so they were chippy,” Hendrickson said. “We were playing for a lot, too. And when guys are playing for a lot, tempers get high and a lot of things get said, and some people take it a little personal.”
“I’m not gonna comment too much on it,” Hubbard said. “I think they could have done some things differently, but it’ll get resolved next week.”

Quote:Several Bengals defensive players were irate with the actions of several members of the Ravens offense, but they stopped short of providing names and details. They instead opted to leave their accusations lingering in the thick, pungent air, instantly lighting the wick on what is sure to be an intense ramp-up to the first-ever postseason matchup between the heated division rivals.

“I don’t really have much to say about that team over there. I have respect for some guys over there, and I don’t for some,” defensive tackle DJ Reader said.
“I don’t want to get into details, but somebody on that team …,” defensive lineman Joseph Ossai said before stopping himself. “We’ll see ’em next week. That’s all I’m saying.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:10 PM)pally Wrote: They instead opted to leave their accusations lingering in the thick, pungent air, instantly lighting the wick on what is sure to be an intense ramp-up to the first-ever postseason matchup between the heated division rivals.

Is that quote from Edgar Allan Poe? Sheesh.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote