Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DJ Reader calls out ref
(01-09-2023, 09:31 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need cigar smilies to match Burrow's victory smokes.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: IIRC that Bengals v. Ravens game was the SuperBowl crew.

Ref and SJ same, the rest different.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which is why I'd prefer we not play them in the playoffs

It will take a miracle for us to not play them in the next round.  Only way it can happen is if we lose or Miami beats them.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I hope we get a good crew for next week, because it's probably going to get chippy as hell.

From football zebras today “Clay Martin is the referee, who is in his 8th season and 5th as referee. This is Martin’s 4th postseason assignment, including 3 Wild Card Playoffs and a Divisional Playoff” 

Crew TBD.
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-players-slam-ravens-for-cheap-actions-before-playoff-rematch/ar-AA168mV7

Quote:“There was a lot of cheap s— going on,” Taylor-Britt said. “Just know that we owe them. Even though we won this s—, we owe them. … It was a lot of late stuff. Just after the play, doing dirty stuff you shouldn’t do in football. Aiming at guys’ legs and stuff and other dirty hits. We don’t play like that. We’re gonna remember that.”

Zac needs to put the kibosh on any talk of retribution and drill into these players' heads that while they may have been blind to Joey B nearly getting his head twisted off, the officials are sure to be on high alert for any shenanigans from those "dirty Bengals."

That's the message on social media where the response to these complaints abour the Ravens is "Burfict!, Burfict!, Burfict!" and talk like injuries to Shazier, Tua, and Hamlin somehow reflect dirty play by the Bengals. 

The Bengals' coaches should show the team the end of the 2015 WC Playoff against the Steelers and remind them that if things get heated and the rivalry gets out of control they're going to put the game in the hands of the officials.   And those officials can be swayed by the narrative they've been hearing in the media - which right now is that the Bengals are looking for payback.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:00 AM)Roland Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-players-slam-ravens-for-cheap-actions-before-playoff-rematch/ar-AA168mV7

Zac needs to put the kibosh on any talk of retribution and drill into these players' heads that while they may have been blind to Joey B nearly getting his head twisted off, the officials are sure to be on high alert for any shenanigans from those "dirty Bengals."

That's the message on social media where the response to these complaints abour the Ravens is "Burfict!, Burfict!, Burfict!" and talk like injuries to Shazier, Tua, and Hamlin somehow reflect dirty play by the Bengals. 

The Bengals' coaches should show the team the end of the 2015 WC Playoff against the Steelers and remind them that if things get heated and the rivalry gets out of control they're going to put the game in the hands of the officials.   And those officials can be swayed by the narrative they've been hearing in the media - which right now is that the Bengals are looking for payback.

people still reference the Burfict hit to this day

biiiiit overblown if you ask me. They even credit that hit to AB losing his mind. Just ridiculous
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:31 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need cigar smilies to match Burrow's victory smokes.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Good to see that JoeyB has moved up to Cohibas. Now they just need to quit letting Mixon buy the box of cigars for the team, his choice of the Tabak is lame-o. These boys need to be smoking some Davidoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:52 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Cigar

Repped Cigar
Reply/Quote
You guys hear Seattle had some favorable officiating in their game to win?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:00 AM)Roland Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-players-slam-ravens-for-cheap-actions-before-playoff-rematch/ar-AA168mV7

Don't the Bengals get any merit from their support of the Bills players on the MNF game? Some teams would have said "let's play the game or forfeit" or "let's play tomorrow." The Bengals, even though it impacted their standings and home field advantage, said "the Bengals would like to do whatever the Bills want." The team and coaches took the high road, and even the coach's wife lead a letter-writing campaign among school children.  But you're saying that some social media posters are saying the injury to Hamlin reflects dirty play by the Bengals. And likewise the injury to Tua.

You can't win with some people. I guess now every time a Bengals player makes a hard tackle the Bengals will be vilified by the social media mob.
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh’s thoughts lol

According to ESPN’s Jamison Hensley, Harbaugh had this to say on the topic: “I studied the game really closely. It’s clear our players played a clean game, as they always do. Millions of fans watched the game as well, and they saw the same thing. So, I would just say let them be the judges.”
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 01:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Harbaugh’s thoughts lol

According to ESPN’s Jamison Hensley, Harbaugh had this to say on the topic: “I studied the game really closely. It’s clear our players played a clean game, as they always do. Millions of fans watched the game as well, and they saw the same thing. So, I would just say let them be the judges.”

That's just Tomlin speak for dirty players.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's just Tomlin speak for dirty players.

Actually, it's Harbaugh speak, now..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, it's Harbaugh speak, now..

They are becoming one and the same.... Tiger

I've always expected tough physical football from the Ratbirds, but not the dirty stuff we get from the Stealers. But, it seems they have morped.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 01:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Harbaugh’s thoughts lol

Yanking a facemask so hard that it rips the player's head to a complete 90 degree angle is totally clean.  Yep.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Reading quite a few quotes from players after Sunday's game that the Ravens were doing some serious cheap stuff, there's no doubt in my mind they are coming to headhunt Sunday night.

We are a better team and they will do whatever it takes to come away with a victory. Let's hope we come away Sunday night injury free and with a victory. I don't feel good at all about the dirty shots we will see Sunday night.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:52 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Cigar

Awesome Holic. Rock On

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Good to see that JoeyB has moved up to Cohibas. Now they just need to quit letting Mixon buy the box of cigars for the team, his choice of the Tabak is lame-o. These boys need to be smoking some Davidoffs.

Yeah I'm like Joe (Mixon), you make a lot of money.  Get some Padron 1926.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:25 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: How long have you been a Bengals fan??? I am not trying to set you up or question your loyalty to the team. Most fans know that the refs screw us as a fact and just do not address it because it has been going on for so long it is the norm. 

I would guess in a few years you would agree with most of us about this issue if you are new to the fanbase.

2 decades. Call me out or whatever but calls go both ways. We benefit some and vice versa.

Reply/Quote