Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DJ Reader calls out ref
(01-09-2023, 01:28 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: A few push off by their WR in the game as well not suttle, but pushing hard fast with both arms fully extending.

LMAO. Were you watching any Bengal OL holding any Ravens DL? Were you watching any Bengals WR's pushing off on any Ravens defenders? Because if you were you'd see they also got away with plenty. My god you guys need to GTHU. This ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:04 PM)higgy100 Wrote: LMAO. Were you watching any Bengal OL holding any Ravens DL? Were you watching any Bengals WR's pushing off on any Ravens defenders? Because if you were you'd see they also got away with plenty. My god you guys need to GTHU. This ridiculous.

Yeah, that stuff can get called or not in most any game. The shove to Chase, the facemask on Burrow, and the whole weird sequence involving Carman, however are just flat out shitty no calls. I don't even care if Carman got flagged on his deal, but SOMEONE was guilty of something on that play. Poorly officiated game.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I can only imagine the crap we’ll see if they get to Buffalo in the divisional

They want that Josh Allen Mahommes rematch. it was the most viewed game ever wasn’t it?

Now I’m our case Burrow has become a pop culture icon himself so i see no reason why the NFL of it did fix outcomes would not want Burrow in big games over Lamar Jackson so i don’t really expect refs to be a factor.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:40 PM)Housh Wrote: They want that Josh Allen Mahommes rematch. it was the most viewed game ever wasn’t it?

Now I’m our case Burrow has become a pop culture icon himself so i see no reason why the NFL of it did fix outcomes would not want Burrow in big games over Lamar Jackson so i don’t really expect refs to be a factor.

Except Goodell is pissed at us, and doubly so after the coin flip celebration and the clown photos. I'm glad both things occurred, but expect ramificafions
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, that stuff can get called or not in most any game. The shove to Chase, the facemask on Burrow, and the whole weird sequence involving Carman, however are just flat out shitty no calls. I don't even care if Carman got flagged on his deal, but SOMEONE was guilty of something on that play. Poorly officiated game.

You're assuming alot in a melee where the refs couldn't even see what was going on with JC.All I know is JC driving his man across the field into their sideline. Of course, he's going to be surrounded by Ravens because it's on their sideline but the refs could not assume punches were/weren't thrown. I guarantee you that you and others would be saying the total opposite if this was reversed and it happened with a Ravens OL on our sideline. You would not want a referee to assume Bengals players took a shot when the ref was yards away and couldn't see everything.

Bengals got away with lots of holding if we're talking objectivity. Hell, 2X Bengals defenders were standing over and taunting Ravens players after a tackle and there were no calls. Definite miss on Burrow facemask.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:23 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You're assuming alot in a melee where the refs couldn't even see what was going on with JC.All I know is JC driving his man across the field into their sideline. Of course, he's going to be surrounded by Ravens because it's on their sideline but the refs could not assume punches were/weren't thrown. I guarantee you that you and others would be saying the total opposite if this was reversed and it happened with a Ravens OL on our sideline. You would not want a referee to assume Bengals players took a shot when the ref was yards away and couldn't see everything.

Bengals got away with lots of holding if we're talking objectivity. Hell, 2X Bengals defenders were standing over and taunting Ravens players after a tackle and there were no calls. Definite miss on Burrow facemask.

Well, like I said, I wouldn't have cared if JC got the flag, or the Ravens did. Someone was guilty of something that play. You're also ignoring the shove of Chase by Smith well after the play.

As to the rest, I'm not arguing about the other calls/no calls, because that stuff can go either way against either team on most any play. I said as much with my opening sentence. I wasn't complaining about the holds, push offs, etc. The officials did a poor job controlling the game by not calling egregious personal foul penalties. Fortunately, we have some smart players, or the retaliation gets us the penalty and starts all of the BS like we had with the Stoolers. THAT'S my only gripe, and I think it's warranted.

Reply/Quote
Isn't there supposed to be a line judge that keeps his eyes on the QB at all times?

For the life of me I don't understand how that facemask call was missed. Burrow's head was literally ripped to a 90 degree angle. Clear as day.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, like I said, I wouldn't have cared if JC got the flag, or the Ravens did. Someone was guilty of something that play. You're also ignoring the shove of Chase by Smith well after the play.

As to the rest, I'm not arguing about the other calls/no calls, because that stuff can go either way against either team on most any play. I said as much with my opening sentence. I wasn't complaining about the holds, push offs, etc. The officials did a poor job controlling the game by not calling egregious personal foul penalties. Fortunately, we have some smart players, or the retaliation gets us the penalty and starts all of the BS like we had with the Stoolers. THAT'S my only gripe, and I think it's warranted.

Good post.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:49 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Good post.

Thanks, to your point, it's hard for me to complain about Watkins pushing off when 85 and Uno are so good at not getting caught for it, LoL.

Reply/Quote
We got ***** Shorsey out here reffing the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:19 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: With Apple running around with that Goodell clown nose coin sign, I'm sure he have a nice hand selected crew for them again next week. 

IIRC that Bengals v. Ravens game was the SuperBowl crew.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Except Goodell is pissed at us, and doubly so after the coin flip celebration and the clown photos. I'm glad both things occurred, but expect ramificafions

I think the ramification for the clown picture will be we will get shafted on every single call. Can't imagine him having to hand over the Lombardi to us. Dictatorship commencing.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, like I said, I wouldn't have cared if JC got the flag, or the Ravens did. Someone was guilty of something that play. You're also ignoring the shove of Chase by Smith well after the play.

The point people aren't discussing on that play, Carman took his man across the field and dumped him in with the rest of the trash. Makes me think the young man wants his job back.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The point people aren't discussing on that play, Carman took his man across the field and dumped him in with the rest of the trash. Makes me think the young man wants his job back.

Well that is good news, I gave up on Carman already. Hope he plays well and with passion.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The point people aren't discussing on that play, Carman took his man across the field and dumped him in with the rest of the trash. Makes me think the young man wants his job back.

Certainly the most he's shown in a while!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:04 PM)higgy100 Wrote: LMAO. Were you watching any Bengal OL holding any Ravens DL? Were you watching any Bengals WR's pushing off on any Ravens defenders? Because if you were you'd see they also got away with plenty. My god you guys need to GTHU. This ridiculous.

Maybe you need to read some of the quotes from our players about dirty play by the Ravens and how they will see them next week. Take the blinders off or stop drinking so much during games.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:49 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Isn't there supposed to be a line judge that keeps his eyes on the QB at all times?

For the life of me I don't understand how that facemask call was missed.  Burrow's head was literally ripped to a 90 degree angle.  Clear as day.

In a league that claims to care about concussions and protecting the QB head area seem like it only pertains to certain QB and not all.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 05:37 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Maybe you need to read some of the quotes from our players about dirty play by the Ravens and how they will see them next week. Take the blinders off or stop drinking so much during games.

Not talking about dirty plays so no need to deflect.  I'm talking about the basic plays that the Bengals get away with too. Our wide receivers pushing off or offensive lineman or defensive lineman holding. Are those considered dirty plays or only when the opponents do that?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:24 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Not talking about dirty plays so no need to deflect.  I'm talking about the basic plays that the Bengals get away with too. Our wide receivers pushing off or offensive lineman or defensive lineman holding. Are those considered dirty plays or only when the opponents do that?

It is called bad technique and they need to clean it up before they get us a flag.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I hope we get a good crew for next week, because it's probably going to get chippy as hell.

We need cigar smilies to match Burrow's victory smokes.
Reply/Quote