Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Reader highest paid NT in football WOW
4 years 53 million??? WTH are the Bengals doing???
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:41 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: 4 years 53 million??? WTH are the Bengals doing???

I liked this guy in college but I thought we had higher priorities than NT and would of liked to bring Billings back.

LB and O-line were much bigger priorities in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
he's great against the run...a definite need area for our DL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:48 PM)pally Wrote: he's  great against the run...a definite need area for our DL

Yeah, liking this the more a read up on Reader. Could be a great signing, definitely is not typical for the Bengals.

Feeling better about this by the minute.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand. Why pay that much for a NT? Even in a 3-4?
Does the team not realize that teams that were most successful running against the Bengals didn't run it inside?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked this guy in college but I thought we had higher priorities than NT and would of liked to bring Billings back.

I agree. I’m happy they did something but this was unexpected. I think this signifies a dalton trade may be imminent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:41 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: 4 years 53 million??? WTH are the Bengals doing???

lol shut up.

Improved at a position where the incumbent (and good player outright) was leaving and has experience in multiple fronts.

You're trolling to death, go away.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't understand. Why pay that much for a NT? Even in a 3-4?
Does the team not realize that teams that were most successful running against the Bengals didn't run it inside?

The Linebackers were the biggest problem on Defense by far. Sideline to sideline LB's is what this team needs.

Still like the Reader signing as it is a sign of change in FA for the Bengals and he is an upgrade.

(03-17-2020, 05:58 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I agree.  I’m happy they did something but this was unexpected.  I think this signifies a dalton trade may be imminent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think so too.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, liking this the more a read up on Reader. Could be a great signing, definitely is not typical for the Bengals.

Feeling better about this by the minute.

It’s a good signing, especially if they keep Tupou around for depth. That said, the LB corps is still abominable, as are the guard positions. With Dennard and Fej leaving the secondary is pretty thin on depth.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Linebackers were the biggest problem on Defense by far. Sideline to sideline LB's is what this team needs.

Still like the Reader signing as it is a sign of change in FA for the Bengals and he is an upgrade.

Think so too.

I just can't get excited for a NT. Not when NT was one of the better spots on the team already last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol shut up.

Improved at a position where the incumbent (and good player outright) was leaving and has experience in multiple fronts.

You're trolling to death, go away.

I really don’t know enough about him to say all that but was just kinda confused o my he money for him but the more I’m reading the more I like it. Not trying to be a troll , sorry. I just want this team to be active and get some players that will help us win. I will eat some crow , my bad
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:07 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: I really don’t know enough about him to say all that but was just kinda confused o my he money for him but the more I’m reading the more I like it. Not trying to be a troll , sorry. I just want this team to be active and get some players that will help us win. I will eat some crow , my bad

No problem!

Sorry for the harshness (if I said it in person, it wouldn't be as negative as the text implies lol), but sometimes you just need to see the bright side that's peaking out of the darkness Wink.

The trolling comment was about the, "trade the pick," thread.

No Bengal fan should want that pick traded :andy:
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:05 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: It’s a good signing, especially if they keep Tupou around for depth.  That said, the LB corps is still abominable, as are the guard positions.  With Dennard and Fej leaving the secondary is pretty thin on depth.

This helps the Linebackers, we will still need to add some good ones that are versatile though that is for sure.

Dennard got signed somewhere else?

(03-17-2020, 06:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I just can't get excited for a NT. Not when NT was one of the better spots on the team already last year.

Reader is elite, he isn't just some NT. He helps the entire Defense.

I was wanting to see Billings become the type of player that Reader already is.

(03-17-2020, 06:07 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: I really don’t know enough about him to say all that but was just kinda confused o my he money for him but the more I’m reading the more I like it. Not trying to be a troll , sorry. I just want this team to be active and get some players that will help us win. I will eat some crow , my bad

Good job owning up, we were all panicking there for a bit understandably so.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This helps the Linebackers, we will still need to add some good ones that are versatile though that is for sure.

Dennard got signed somewhere else?

Reader is elite, he isn't just some NT. He helps the entire Defense.

I was wanting to see Billings become the type of player that Reader already is.

Good job owning up, we were all panicking there for a bit understandably so.

Dennard is a Jaguar.  3 years 13 and change total.  A lot less than I thought he'd get, honestly. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No problem!

Sorry for the harshness (if I said it in person, it wouldn't be as negative as the text implies lol), but sometimes you just need to see the bright side that's peaking out of the darkness Wink.

I was just pissed at the moment, You were right to call me out.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Dennard is a Jaguar.  3 years 13 and change total.  A lot less than I thought he'd get, honestly. 

Yeah he is worth a lot more than that, getting Trae Waynes stripes makes it all good though.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Dennard is a Jaguar.  3 years 13 and change total.  A lot less than I thought he'd get, honestly. 

He can't seem to stay healthy.  He insists on throwing his body around tackling guys.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:05 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: It’s a good signing, especially if they keep Tupou around for depth.  That said, the LB corps is still abominable, as are the guard positions.  With Dennard and Fej leaving the secondary is pretty thin on depth.

They are signing Trae Waynes from Minnesota. Good signing, 6th year CB. I'll take anyone from one of Zim's defenses!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No problem!

I was just pissed at the moment, You were right to call me out.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked this guy in college but I thought we had higher priorities than NT and would of liked to bring Billings back.

I would take DT and CB over LB any day of the week! And the Bengals just got better at both positions on defense today with DJ and Trae Waynes from Minn!

Now, they do need some bodies at LB and I wouldn't be surprised if they sign someone recently released or go back with Vigil at least.
Reply/Quote