Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton POed
(10-31-2019, 11:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People are going to throw Tom Brady and Russell Wilson at you...but yes they are outliers.

Watching the 49ers play tonight...Jimmy G just hits a lot of throws that Dalton would likely miss or struggle with. Jimmy G makes it look effortless. That's what we need. AND the 49ers are playing without their Tackles.

I saw a stat about how Dalton is one of the worst QB's statistically when the pocket is clean. To me, that's telling.

FOH.... people gon diss that shit because he brought up AJ McCarron. Like ....for real? The same AJM that couldn't beat out Nathan Peterman? Nathan. Peterman. McCarron single handedly cost us our bye (that Dalton and Co came oh so close to earning) because that big, bad, mean old Wade Phillips decided to play zone defense in the second half and confuse the shit out of poor pitiful AJ. Damn you Son of Bum! 

Look AJM won in college because he got the **** out of the way and didn't make enough mistakes to cost NFL Lite the games. It's absolutely LUDICROUS that people here think he's some ***** unicorn that he wasn't. 

Dude mentioned AJ in the same breath as 2nd rounders. L O freaking L. You're better than this Pistons. Stop agreeing with a troll.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 11:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I truly hope Ryan Finley succeeds beyond anyone’s wildest dreams. I guarantee Andy Dalton feels the same way.  Now I’m not comparing Ryan Finley to Carson Palmer but I know Andy will mentor Ryan like Jon Kitna did for Carson.

Yes he will, and Ryan isn't a turd. There's potential here.....and Ryan isn't shell shocked. YET.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 02:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: FOH.... people gon diss that shit because he brought up AJ McCarron. Like ....for real? The same AJM that couldn't beat out Nathan Peterman? Nathan. Peterman. McCarron single handedly cost us our bye (that Dalton and Co came oh so close to earning) because that big, bad, mean old Wade Phillips decided to play zone defense in the second half and confuse the shit out of poor pitiful AJ. Damn you Son of Bum! 

Look AJM won in college because he got the **** out of the way and didn't make enough mistakes to cost NFL Lite the games. It's absolutely LUDICROUS that people here think he's some ***** unicorn that he wasn't. 

Dude mentioned AJ in the same breath as 2nd rounders. L O freaking L. You're better than this Pistons. Stop agreeing with a troll.....

I brought up McCarron so I'm a troll lol your hate for McCarron is pretty strong ain't it? Lol he didnt single handily lose the bye week lol he went toe to toe with Denver the eventual superbowl champs without eifert in there. And it was a too soon snap by bodine when McCarron wasnt ready that caused a turnover. Same thing happened with dalton in a game the next season or two and people said it was all the centers fault. That's your guys logic when it comes to dalton. And what buffalo did with McCarron doesnt mean nothing. Mccaron was injured again they said. It was their decision not to play mccarron but like I said he wasnt a high draft pick that is seen as skilled and talented so he dont get much opportunity.  They rather drafted someone. Same thing will happen with Andy dalton. Teams will eventually just want to draft a qb with high skill level and high ceiling. 

I'm not even that big of mccaron fan he was kind of boring to watch,but he didnt get much time. Like I said hes a game manager that is a natural winner that isnt trolling. Its facts. Ryan finley has more talent then McCarron and driskel. Driskel was a good athlete and could run. But not nearly as good in the pocket and accurate as Finley showed in college. Finley could of Been drafted higher and so could of McCarron. Look at indy qb brisset and gardner minshew. You dont have to be a 1st rounder to succeed. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 03:01 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yes he will, and Ryan isn't a turd. There's potential here.....and Ryan isn't shell shocked. YET.

Here’s why I want Ryan Finley to succeed: Mike Brown wants another quarterback because it’s the only position he understands. If we already have one in the fold, how much better will that be? Then, in the draft, we can go after the players we truly need: Offensive line, defensive line, and linebacker.

Also lost in this quarterback argument is the debate about the running game. Joe Mixon is totally underachieving and it’s not his fault. Those guys up front cannot run block. Period. Protecting the quarterback is great, but not opening holes for the running back is completely unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 09:42 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here’s why I want Ryan Finley to succeed: Mike Brown wants another quarterback because it’s the only position he understands. If we already have one in the fold, how much better will that be? Then, in the draft, we can go after the players we truly need: Offensive line, defensive line, and linebacker.

Also lost in this quarterback argument is the debate about the running game. Joe Mixon is totally underachieving and it’s not his fault. Those guys up front cannot run block. Period.  Protecting the quarterback is great, but not opening holes for the running back is completely unacceptable.

Just curious how  many yards Gio has. I have a feeling he's had as many "explosive" runs as Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 03:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes he will, and Ryan isn't a turd. There's potential here.....and Ryan isn't shell shocked. YET.

Ida know.  I don't think dalton will be a jerkface about it, but Kitna was a vet journeyman and eventual coach type brought in to hold the for in Cincy and bridge to and mentor a number 1 overall pick in Palmer.  Dalton just lost his longtime starting job suddenly to a 4th round pick because "reasons"  

Kitna had months to get into the mentor and bridge starter role and Dalton gets a week to get on it.  I'm just saying the situations are very different. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 05:49 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I brought up McCarron so I'm a troll lol your hate for McCarron is pretty strong ain't it? Lol he didnt single handily lose the bye week lol he went toe to toe with Denver the eventual superbowl champs without eifert in there. And it was a too soon snap by bodine when McCarron wasnt ready that caused a turnover. Same thing happened with dalton in a game the next season or two and people said it was all the centers fault. That's your guys logic when it comes to dalton. And what buffalo did with McCarron doesnt mean nothing. Mccaron was injured again they said. It was their decision not to play mccarron but like I said he wasnt a high draft pick that is seen as skilled and talented so he dont get much opportunity.  They rather drafted someone. Same thing will happen with Andy dalton. Teams will eventually just want to draft a qb with high skill level and high ceiling. 

I'm not even that big of mccaron fan he was kind of boring to watch,but he didnt get much time. Like I said hes a game manager that is a natural winner that isnt trolling. Its facts. Ryan finley has more talent then McCarron and driskel. Driskel was a good athlete and could run. But not nearly as good in the pocket and accurate as Finley showed in college. Finley could of Been drafted higher and so could of McCarron. Look at indy qb brisset and gardner minshew. You dont have to be a 1st rounder to succeed. 

Sounds like a bunch of "excuses" to me.  

And no, I have no problem with AJM.....just buffoons that clamored for him to start here because of THEIR irrational hatred for a certain guy.

As to Denver....had a great football game in the first half against man defense. In the 2nd half, he shit the bed when Wade Phillips switched to zone coverage. We scored 0 points. The fumbled snap was irrelevant. People that know at least a little about the fundamentals of playing knew what happened in Denver.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 05:49 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I brought up McCarron so I'm a troll lol your hate for McCarron is pretty strong ain't it? Lol he didnt single handily lose the bye week lol he went toe to toe with Denver the eventual superbowl champs without eifert in there. And it was a too soon snap by bodine when McCarron wasnt ready that caused a turnover. Same thing happened with dalton in a game the next season or two and people said it was all the centers fault. That's your guys logic when it comes to dalton. And what buffalo did with McCarron doesnt mean nothing. Mccaron was injured again they said. It was their decision not to play mccarron but like I said he wasnt a high draft pick that is seen as skilled and talented so he dont get much opportunity.  They rather drafted someone. Same thing will happen with Andy dalton. Teams will eventually just want to draft a qb with high skill level and high ceiling. 

......also, McCarron ain't hurt now. Why isn't he lighting it up? Rolleyes

...and McCarron isn't some magic winner, guys like Greg McElroy are "winners" too cause they won at Bama. That's nonsense. That TEAM is winners, carrying below average guys like AJM to National Titles, not the other way around bub. 

Guys like Minshew have carried a team before, that's why they succeed at this level.  It's what gives me hope for a cat like Finley. Driskel was hot Doo Doo in college too.....but irrational people be like "duuurrrr start him over Andy, duuurrrrr!". THAT'S the shit that gets on my nerves. This move actually makes sense. The other two were/are scrubs. Period.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: ......also, McCarron ain't hurt now. Why isn't he lighting it up? Rolleyes

...and McCarron isn't some magic winner, guys like Greg McElroy are "winners" too cause they won at Bama. That's nonsense. That TEAM is winners, carrying below average guys like AJM to National Titles, not the other way around bub. 

Guys like Minshew have carried a team before, that's why they succeed at this level.  It's what gives me hope for a cat like Finley. Driskel was hot Doo Doo in college too.....but irrational people be like "duuurrrr start him over Andy, duuurrrrr!". THAT'S the shit that gets on my nerves. This move actually makes sense. The other two were/are scrubs. Period.

Lol the way you talk sounds like a punk and hateful just on certain  players you dont understand what I'm trying to say. Dalton has had how many years and how many times has he looked bad? Yet you get offended and butthurt with criticism about him? But then get butthurt when people wanted to see what McCarron could do or driskel could do lol. Driskel did just as good without aj green that dalton is doing now. What's that tell you. And you actually like finley for some reason that's a surprise. I believe finley will look better then all 3 mentioned from what I seen and read about him. Of course it can turn out bad and if it does then we got plenty of QBs to draft or look at another qb with potential jake dolegala. Thank God I dont have to watch daltons poor game play next game. Cant stand watching even if we lose atleast I dont have to watch Andy's bad game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 02:23 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Lol the way you talk sounds like a punk and hateful just on certain  players you dont understand what I'm trying to say. Dalton has had how many years and how many times has he looked bad? Yet you get offended and butthurt with criticism about him? But then get butthurt when people wanted to see what McCarron could do or driskel could do lol. Driskel did just as good without aj green that dalton is doing now. What's that tell you. And you actually like finley for some reason that's a surprise. I believe finley will look better then all 3 mentioned from what I seen and read about him. Of course it can turn out bad and if it does then we got plenty of QBs to draft or look at another qb with potential jake dolegala. Thank God I dont have to watch daltons poor game play next game. Cant stand watching even if we lose atleast I dont have to watch Andy's bad game. 

Jeff Driskell couldn't hit the broad side of a bull's ass with a bass fiddle. That's what objective onlookers see and wonder why someone would "want to see what he can do". Go look at his FLA stats. You'll see a good season and then a whole lotta INTs.

McCarron was much better than Driskel. That said, you watch tape, and watch Bama games, he's a poor man's Andy Dalton. Again, what are you hoping to see?

Andy Dalton at one time played like a top 15-12 QB. He's now a middle of the pack guy on a really bad team. He can't elevate it to beyond bad. However, this time around we do actually have a guy with potential, so the call was right to try the kid out. I don't think Finley is a talent that will transcend the team around him, but he might play better than Andy, and if he does, he's probably worth a look moving forward. 

See, THAT'S the difference. That's objective observation. That's not just blindly hating a guy and looking to put in any Tom, Dick, and Harry just because he's not #14.

I'm a Bengals fan. I'm not a fan of Mike Brown. So while it may appear to a person that constantly hates on AD that I'm in some gang, it's actually that I realize this organization is a shit show (has been for 28 years) and I might be inclined to side with a player over Son of Paul. I do think Dalton is better than he gets credit for. In that same breath, I have no illusions that he's anything more than average, with above average stretches when he has good blocking.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know.  I don't think dalton will be a jerkface about it, but Kitna was a vet journeyman and eventual coach type brought in to hold the for in Cincy and bridge to and mentor a number 1 overall pick in Palmer.  Dalton just lost his longtime starting job suddenly to a 4th round pick because "reasons"  

Kitna had months to get into the mentor and bridge starter role and Dalton gets a week to get on it.  I'm just saying the situations are very different. 

They are very different for sure.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Jeff Driskell couldn't hit the broad side of a bull's ass with a bass fiddle. That's what objective onlookers see and wonder why someone would "want to see what he can do". Go look at his FLA stats. You'll see a good season and then a whole lotta INTs.

McCarron was much better than Driskel. That said, you watch tape, and watch Bama games, he's a poor man's Andy Dalton. Again, what are you hoping to see?

Andy Dalton at one time played like a top 15-12 QB. He's now a middle of the pack guy on a really bad team. He can't elevate it to beyond bad. However, this time around we do actually have a guy with potential, so the call was right to try the kid out. I don't think Finley is a talent that will transcend the team around him, but he might play better than Andy, and if he does, he's probably worth a look moving forward. 

See, THAT'S the difference. That's objective observation. That's not just blindly hating a guy and looking to put in any Tom, Dick, and Harry just because he's not #14.

I'm a Bengals fan. I'm not a fan of Mike Brown. So while it may appear to a person that constantly hates on AD that I'm in some gang, it's actually that I realize this organization is a shit show (has been for 28 years) and I might be inclined to side with a player over Son of Paul. I do think Dalton is better than he gets credit for. In that same breath, I have no illusions that he's anything more than average, with above average stretches when he has good blocking.

Andy dalton is not good,and people are tired of his game that's all there is to it with the sick of dalton crowd. If you evaluate a qb the right way you would see that. He has times where hes alright but more often then not hes not. It has little to do with who mccaron is or who driskel is but to try someone else. 

Once again mccaron isnt that good,but he was a game manager. And won because of it. In his game hes not a quick short hard passer like dalton is. That's daltons only strength and why the offense slowed down when McCarron took over. They called plays where he had to scan the field. And he did that better then dalton. McCarron is now gone,so big deal it doesnt matter but I dont hate the guy,he didnt even get a full season here to really get tired of his play. Driskel was the only backup on the roster to look at. And if you look at his history he had a chance to start for a top school. But I forget what happened and he went to a lesser school. His ability to run was intriguing. And he did not get no respect from the refs because his name is driskel. And he even tied some games without green and eifert. I was still done with what I seen out of him at the end. But the guy will not get anymore opportunity because he didnt look great and a very low draft pick. That's the way it is with low draft picks. They dont get much opportunity.  I do agree with you about finley. But you need to put your hate aside for people wanting to try different QBs. Because half the fanbase is tired of watching daltons game. .
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 03:49 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Andy dalton is not good,and people are tired of his game that's all there is to it with the sick of dalton crowd. If you evaluate a qb the right way you would see that. He has times where hes alright but more often then not hes not. It has little to do with who mccaron is or who driskel is but to try someone else. 

Once again mccaron isnt that good,but he was a game manager. And won because of it. In his game hes not a quick short hard passer like dalton is. That's daltons only strength and why the offense slowed down when McCarron took over. They called plays where he had to scan the field. And he did that better then dalton. McCarron is now gone,so big deal it doesnt matter but I dont hate the guy,he didnt even get a full season here to really get tired of his play. Driskel was the only backup on the roster to look at. And if you look at his history he had a chance to start for a top school. But I forget what happened and he went to a lesser school. His ability to run was intriguing. And he did not get no respect from the refs because his name is driskel. And he even tied some games without green and eifert. I was still done with what I seen out of him at the end. But the guy will not get anymore opportunity because he didnt look great and a very low draft pick. That's the way it is with low draft picks. They dont get much opportunity.  I do agree with you about finley. But you need to put your hate aside for people wanting to try different QBs. Because half the fanbase is tired of watching daltons game. .

We'll agree to disagree.... I've watched Dalton since TCU. He was better than he got credit for. His trajectory from 2011 to 2016 was always moving up. That's progress. From then on, it's been moving down. When you evaluate the big picture, it's easy to see what happened. That's when Zeitler left. The next season it was Whitworth. Andre Smith had declined, and he was gone. Their replacements were not just bad,  they were awful. Dalton is not good enough to play behind a poor line. That's pretty much it.

I don't hate anyone, but I sometimes scratch my head and wonder what people are thinking.

As for Finley, I've seen a good bit of him in the ACC, being a big FSU fan....and following the conference. He was not carried by a bunch of future NFLers. He made things happen. That's why I have hope it will translate at this level to at least adequate play. Dalton owns, or did, a few records at TCU and beat a heavily favored Wisconsin team in the Rose Bowl. He wasn't surrounded by NFL talent either. There was hope, and for a while, he did well here, minus the postseason gaffes.

As for Driskel, he was benched at UF if I remember correctly after tossing a good deal of INTs and left to LaTech or wherever it was.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Jeff Driskell couldn't hit the broad side of a bull's ass with a bass fiddle. That's what objective onlookers see and wonder why someone would "want to see what he can do". Go look at his FLA stats. You'll see a good season and then a whole lotta INTs.

Who is this new Wyche guy posting on this thread? LOL  I liked you alot before but you just went next level! 
Reply/Quote
Dalton hasn't been challenged since he was "handed" the job after Palmers departure. Not once challenged or having to "earn" the job against highly drafted top notch competition. Now the first time he's forced to fight for his position he whines about it instead of battling for it. Name a team who would want him that couldn't gave tried to get him already ?
Reply/Quote