Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton POed
(10-31-2019, 01:07 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah lets act like we have Brady to trade and every team is groveling at MB's locked and bolted door. Teams who are playoff bound have QBs and the ones on the fringe aren't going to give up much for a QB who can't start for a 0-8 team. PERIOD 

Brady?   I must have missed when he was traded.

Bradford, Tannehill, Alex Smith...guys like that have been traded so why not Dalton?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:19 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I agree with Dalton being benched, but I don't agree with how it was handled.on his birthday..and how it happened right before the trade deadline so he couldnt ask to be traded.

These guys are pro athletes not school children, who gives a shit when his Birthday is. And he is under contract to a team that does not trade players under contract. So the timing of the benching is not really relevant. He can pout all he wants, he should have shown more emotion on the field over the past few years when they were losing. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:14 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: These guys are pro athletes not school children, who gives a shit when his Birthday is. And he is under contract to a team that does not trade players under contract. So the timing of the benching is not really relevant. He can pout all he wants, he should have shown more emotion on the field over the past few years when they were losing. 

THe birthday thing is more of a bitter kick in the arse worth a chuckle, yes.  With that being said, he plays for a god awful franchise that refuses to trade players because....um....well, they just don't.  Part of me is like "nice guy gets railroaded" and part of me is like "you knew what you were getting into."

In my defense, since Dalton got drafted I said "If he leaves Cincy on good terms he will be the first franchise QB IF he is a franchise QB to leave MB on good terms" and here we are.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: THe birthday thing is more of a bitter kick in the arse worth a chuckle, yes.  With that being said, he plays for a god awful franchise that refuses to trade players because....um....well, they just don't.  Part of me is like "nice guy gets railroaded" and part of me is like "you knew what you were getting into."

In my defense, since Dalton got drafted I said "If he leave Cincy on good terms he will be the first franchise QB IF he is a franchise QB to leave MB on good terms" and here we are.

Honestly...what other franchise would he have started for 9 years on?

Even guys like Alex Smith that were #1 picks fight for their jobs.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: THe birthday thing is more of a bitter kick in the arse worth a chuckle, yes.  With that being said, he plays for a god awful franchise that refuses to trade players because....um....well, they just don't.  Part of me is like "nice guy gets railroaded" and part of me is like "you knew what you were getting into."

No doubt. Players drafted by us, Bills, Jets, Browns, Lions of late are doomed. If the player wants to win they should move on after their contract is up.  The fact that we are sliding back into the 90's won't make this franchise attractive to any player.

It would be quite comical if we get the 1st overall pick, we pick a QB then he says he won't sign until Mike Brown steps down and/or makes changes..lol. maybe he signs CP as an adviser. Shit that would be funny. 

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:23 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: No doubt. Players drafted by us, Bills, Jets, Browns, Lions of late are doomed. If the player wants to win they should move on after their contract is up.  The fact that we are sliding back into the 90's won't make this franchise attractive to any player.

It would be quite comical if we get the 1st overall pick, we pick a QB then he says he won't sign until Mike Brown steps down and/or makes changes..lol. maybe he signs CP as an adviser. Shit that would be funny. 

I miss holdouts. Now slotted contracts make them rare.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I miss holdouts. Now slotted contracts make them rare.

it would also be funny if players were allowed (like in the NHL) to have no trade contracts with selected teams. So like every player on the other teams would have the Bengals on their no-trade list. 

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:23 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: No doubt. Players drafted by us, Bills, Jets, Browns, Lions of late are doomed. If the player wants to win they should move on after their contract is up.  The fact that we are sliding back into the 90's won't make this franchise attractive to any player.

There's no guarantee non seniors like Tua/Burrow even come out once they realize the Bengals got the 1st overall pick.

A record number of top qb's returning to college to finish their senior year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

As cynical as I am, I have to admit when both Palmer and Dalton signed extensions I thought we were turning a corner but both times things went into the toilet afterwards.  I can't see the future but the next franchise QB MB grabs IF he isn't a bust needs to take a good look at the past 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:02 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: There are a bunch of teams that would rather have Dalton than what they've got.

You have to look through the record and into the details.  This team is on pace to not even reach 1000 rushing yards, for the entire season.  Just look what has happened to this offense since 2015.  Dalton is nothing more than a scapegoat at this point - and it appears many around here are drinking the juice this organization is serving up.

I'd be ticked off too if I was Dalton.  Had they even given him (and his agent) a couple of days notice he'd probably be playing somewhere else right now.

This organization is run about as piss-poorly as one can be run.  It's a joke, and it starts right at the top!  I truly believe MB in his mind thinks he's smarter than everybody else in the room - that room being the NFL. 

Every coach on the team and every player that steps onto the field when the Bengals loses a game holds a percentage of responsibility for that lose. Dalton as the QB holds the most responsibility and with that he is the first to be blamed and becomes the scapegoat. 

I want Zac Taylor to go the media and state this...I'm failing the fans, the players, Mike Brown, and the community as the head coach. Since the offense is stuttering and has the defense playing longer than it should I am passing the play calling for the offense to Callahan so I can focus more on ensuring that both offense and defense are playing to the highest level. 

As for Dalton, I don't see them trading him in the off season. I see them keeping him as an insurance policy. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:31 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: As for Dalton, I don't see them trading him in the off season. I see them keeping him as an insurance policy. 

Hmm, maybe if we don't take a QB high in the draft.  The idea of Dalton/Finley/Dolegala all being here with a high pick QB is unlikely.  I think we move Dalton in the off-season for something...maybe one of the younger QBs shows something in pre=season or the rest of this season and a desperate team loses their QB and gives MB something even his lazy ass can't turn down.

Or Finley flops and we just go right back to Dalton and he and his "aw shucks" personality just patch things up.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Brady?   I must have missed when he was traded.

Bradford, Tannehill, Alex Smith...guys like that have been traded so why not Dalton?  

It take two to trade. Just because a team was stupid enough to trade for those players doesn't mean another team will trade for Dalton BTW the dolphins moved back one round(6th to 7th) in 2019 and got a 4th rounder in 2020 out of Tannehill. Not a treasure trove if you ask me. There is still one half the season to go and if there are QB injuries the Daltons value as a replacement goes through the roof. Keeping him may be a blessing.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:39 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: It take two to trade. Just because a team was stupid enough to trade for those players doesn't mean another team will trade for Dalton BTW the dolphins moved back one round(6th to 7th) in 2019 and got a 4th rounder in 2020 out of Tannehill. Not a treasure trove if you ask me. There is still one half the season to go and if there are QB injuries the Daltons value as a replacement goes through the roof. Keeping him may be a blessing.

Just because you have concluded that Dalton is the worst QB in the league don't make it so.  But yes, my point is that Mike Brown is just too damn lazy to trade players because he doesn't have to.  He doesn't want to do the job of a GM but he won't let someone else do the legwork.  I can actually see the NFL stepping in at some point if he keeps this up.  It isn't 1993 anymore and his laziness is making the league look bad.

It's his right to run his team as poorly as he likes, but the NFL is an oligopoly and they know the brand as a whole is damaged if part of their brand is fiddling while Rome burns, so to speak.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 09:46 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I don't know... maybe me thinking at the time that Price was a better player than Hopkins.  Price was benched and wasn't playing.  Now Price is playing and has been playing poorly.  Hopkins has been playing well. 

Of course with hindsight I have 20/20 vision.

No, it was your assertion that the Bengals were going to win the division, make the playoffs and be 1 and done this year.   You said this 6 short weeks ago.   
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Just because you have concluded that Dalton is the worst QB in the league don't make it so.  But yes, my point is that Mike Brown is just too damn lazy to trade players because he doesn't have to.  He doesn't want to do the job of a GM but he won't let someone else do the legwork.  I can actually see the NFL stepping in at some point if he keeps this up.  It isn't 1993 anymore and his laziness is making the league look bad.

It's his right to run his team as poorly as he likes, but the NFL is an oligopoly and they know the brand as a whole is damaged if part of their brand is fiddling while Rome burns, so to speak.

So would you give a first or second round pick for a QB who isn't a top half of the QBs in the NFL? You and others think that the only ones who see Dalton fail are our own fans. I believe any GM who traded a top pick for Dalton would be run out of town on a rail. The only hope that the Bengals have is if one or two of the top QBs is injured in the second half of the season and they have no chance to groom a replacement for 2020.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...what other franchise would he have started for 9 years on?

Lions and plenty of others.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:56 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So would you give a first or second round pick for a QB who isn't a top half of the QBs in the NFL? You and others think that the only ones who see Dalton fail are our own fans. I believe any GM who traded a top pick for Dalton would be run out of town on a rail. The only hope that the Bengals have is if one or two of the top QBs is injured in the second half of the season and they have no chance to groom a replacement for 2020.

I think Dalton's failures are overshadowed by ZT's and MB's failures this year, yes.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lions and plenty of others.

Stafford has a better career Passer Rating and QBR than Dalton. 

So, no.  But, it's fun to make things up. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:51 PM)mt415tress Wrote: No, it was your assertion that the Bengals were going to win the division, make the playoffs and be 1 and done this year.   You said this 6 short weeks ago.   

We all were optimistic. We knew that ZT wanted his own QB but gave Andy every opportunity to succeed with the players we have. It didn't work so here we are. Move on and be optimistic .
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:46 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Why do you guys doubt finley so bad lol is it because he wasnt drafted 1st round or because he looks like napoleon dynamite lol finley is everything dalton isnt in his game. Dalton has no accuracy 

(10-31-2019, 12:46 PM)mt415tress Wrote: This is a such a hilarious take.  I absolutely love this level of Dalton Fanboy

What's with the recent troll infestation?
Reply/Quote