Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton POed
(10-31-2019, 12:46 PM)mt415tress Wrote: This is a such a hilarious take.  I absolutely love this level of Dalton Fanboy

That narrative has been repeated around here so often I think they actually BELIEVE it...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What's with the recent troll infestation?

Lol your the biggest troll on these boards. You literally argue just to argue. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:44 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: What is wrong with vanilla ice cream?  Nothing... it is just as flavorful as any other flavor out there.

There's something wrong with you, man...  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't have mattered if Dalton's agent could have had more time to seek an opportunity elsewhere. At the end of the day, Brown won't trade Dalton (especially mid-season) unless it's a clear steal of value for the Bengals. Talking at least a first rounder.

Unfortunately for Dalton, he's stuck as a Bengal until FA in 2021 or until Brown wants to trade/release him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:51 PM)mt415tress Wrote: No, it was your assertion that the Bengals were going to win the division, make the playoffs and be 1 and done this year.   You said this 6 short weeks ago.   

When I said it was a possibility.... which at the time it was.  Still not seeing it though.  No worries I am sure I have to have your intelligence to understand it.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: Woodhead gashed us in 13 and the coaches forgot BJGE was avg 5 yards a clip that game too. Dalton's errors were the biggest failure most likely, but others were culpable as well. Folks have short memories.

The entire team pooped all over the field, in most of the playoff games. Coaches too.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's something wrong with you, man...  Ninja

Of course... even though I know it is futile... I am a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:46 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Why do you guys doubt finley so bad lol is it because he wasnt drafted 1st round or because he looks like napoleon dynamite lol finley is everything dalton isnt in his game. Dalton has no accuracy 

Show me where I claimed Finely was bad. What I implied was you have a rookie QB who hasn't started a single NFL game, behind one of the worst lines in the NFL with no running game. And since you pointed it out, draft position is a representation of the talent evaluation coming out of college. 

By the scouting reports he is an average arm game manager who can make quick decisions. Which he'll need to. 

So yeah, odds are he is the next coming of Tom Brady are pretty slim. But like I said. We'll see and best of luck to him while he gives it a go.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:00 PM)mt415tress Wrote: Stafford has a better career Passer Rating and QBR than Dalton. 

So, no.  But, it's fun to make things up. 

Stafford's rating through his first 8 seasons was only 86.8 and his record was 7 games under .500.

Dalton's rating through his first 8 seasons was 88.8 and his record was 18 games over .500.

So, yes.

And you are welcome for the education.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:25 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Show me where I claimed Finely was bad. What I implied was you have a rookie QB who hasn't started a single NFL game, behind one of the worst lines in the NFL with no running game. And since you pointed it out, draft position is a representation of the talent evaluation coming out of college. 

By the scouting reports he is an average arm game manager who can make quick decisions. Which he'll need to. 

So yeah, odds are he is the next coming of Tom Brady are pretty slim. But like I said. We'll see and best of luck to him while he gives it a go.

That's my take too, I just realize throwing a late-rounder into a very bad situation and  with a baffled HC at the helm and hoping for the best pretty much makes us the Cleveland Browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's my take too, I just realize throwing a late-rounder into a very bad situation and  with a baffled HC at the helm and hoping for the best pretty much makes us the Cleveland Browns.

Unfortunately so.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:25 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Show me where I claimed Finely was bad. What I implied was you have a rookie QB who hasn't started a single NFL game, behind one of the worst lines in the NFL with no running game. And since you pointed it out, draft position is a representation of the talent evaluation coming out of college. 

What else do you know about ryan finley though? I think a lot of you guys doubting and saying dalton is better and laughing at the thought of finley dont even know nothing about him. Not just you but I'm seeing it everywhere. 

Ryan finley comes from a good qb school. Years of experience.  Holds 2nd place of completions without a pick next to Russell wilson. Is said to be smart on the field and knows who to go too. Has shown good accuracy,good pocket awareness and good pocket movement both in college and preseason. Has seen a lot of pressure in college. His college receivers didnt get seperation so he had to put it in tight windows. Throws a good and catchable fade unlike dalton. Dalton cant hit the broad side of a barn half the time. I do see when dalton does make a good throw sometimes,the receivers have dropped it. But then its daltons next play he messes up in some way. Maybe a bone head turnover. 

I really have no idea why he has such strong defenders. I think it's because people just like dalton the person and dont want to not see him nomore. Because his game stinks. But any qb coming in not named trevor Lawrence is going to be disliked by the dalton lovers. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:42 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This is the same Mike Brown that basically fired Sam Wyche on Christmas Eve back in 1991. The official unofficial date that the Bengals went into a massive decline with multiple horrendous teams and no playoff wins ever since. And 28 years later, there is absolutely no light at the end.

"I was simply fired by Mike Brown at a meeting today," Wyche said in a statement released by his lawyers. "I have no idea why the Bengals have chosen to announce this as my decision to leave."

Any defense of this front office is literally unreal.

No doubt, that was a frickin' travesty.

(10-30-2019, 05:55 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I agree that the search for a better QB needed to happen. Dalton has been decent in the past but everyone should want more than decent. He’s never felt like a leader. They need a QB that is confident and can take over a game.

Completely agree with you here Circleville.

(10-30-2019, 06:01 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I can't believe you think he didn't know his job was on the line. Where do you work ? Are you not aware when you are not preforming at an expected level? He knew!!!! If he didn't it proves that not only is he a bad QB he is dumb too.

Well he sure doesn't act like he knew lol

To be honest, there are lots who should be on the hot seat but Dalton definitely wasn't getting it done.

When you are the QB, everyone is looking to you to lead. He wasn't.

I don't think Dalton is dumb i just think he thought he kind of had a free ride like some do under MB.

Either way, bogus way about going about this.

Had to be done though.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:37 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: What else do you know about ryan finley though? I think a lot of you guys doubting and saying dalton is better and laughing at the thought of finley dont even know nothing about him. Not just you but I'm seeing it everywhere. 

Ryan finley comes from a good qb school. Years of experience.  Holds 2nd place of completions without a pick next to Russell wilson. Is said to be smart on the field and knows who to go too. Has shown good accuracy,good pocket awareness and good pocket movement both in college and preseason. Has seen a lot of pressure in college. His college receivers didnt get seperation so he had to put it in tight windows. Throws a good and catchable fade unlike dalton. Dalton cant hit the broad side of a barn half the time. I do see when dalton does make a good throw sometimes,the receivers have dropped it. But then its daltons next play he messes up in some way. Maybe a bone head turnover. 

I really have no idea why he has such strong defenders. I think it's because people just like dalton the person and dont want to not see him nomore. Because his game stinks. But any qb coming in not named trevor Lawrence is going to be disliked by the dalton lovers. 

Finley could be good/better than Dalton, but you have to realize we are in the middle of an 0-8 season where we went in thinking "How much worse than Marvin could ZT really be?"  Getting rid of average vet guys and replacing them with young guys who are in over the heads hasn't worked out yet this year.  It's understandable that we're a bit guarded with our hope.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Finley could be good/better than Dalton, but you have to realize we are in the middle of an 0-8 season where we went in thinking "How much worse than Marvin could ZT really be?"  Getting rid of average vet guys and replacing them with young guys who are in over the heads hasn't worked out yet this year.  It's understandable that we're a bit guarded with our hope.

I think Finley is going to give us something to watch finally if these things are correct about him and I see the things hes put on tape. It's going to get fun to watch. Our offense is low key talented,except need 2-3 o lineman. But Andy didnt do the offense line any good with his pocket movement or awareness or accuracy. And if finley looks like crap then see what jake has. He has potential too. And then make a decision if we need one from the draft which is deep this year. Dalton is a great guy and likable guy. But we deserve better at the qb position.  This fanbase deserves some playoff wins. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Just seen the interview. He's not pissed, he's shocked. He's been demoted. Interview happened too soon after and I think he will do a lot to help Finley. He mentioned he has done a lot for the city, and he has. However, doing a lot for the city does not solidify your position at your job. I doubt he's really upset about the trade deadline because honestly, it's not even up to him. When this thing sinks in, he will realize this.

As I looked beyond him at the wall, I imagined the things he spoke about with doing a lot of great things and having great seasons and playoff runs. Yes, this locker-room was his pinnacle and he walked in there celebrating a lot of times. But dude, your 0-8 as the leader of this offense, and I know he realizes the choices that had to be made. 

He stated he had talks with ZT on several occasions and had been in ZT's office more this year than ever, so it seems ZT is involved with good communication with the players. Andy the spoke of AJ and his relationship. It appears they have a great relationship. HOWEVER, I don't think AJ is as affected as much by the news of Andy. As AJ says several times, "NFL is a business."

Happy AJ is cool.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:46 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I think Finley is going to give us something to watch finally if these things are correct about him and I see the things hes put on tape. It's going to get fun to watch. Our offense is low key talented,except need 2-3 o lineman. But Andy didnt do the offense line any good with his pocket movement or awareness or accuracy. And if finley looks like crap then see what jake has. He has potential too. And then make a decision if we need one from the draft which is deep this year. Dalton is a great guy and likable guy. But we deserve better at the qb position.  This fanbase deserves some playoff wins. 

Again, entirely possible but going younger and less experienced has been a disaster so far this year.  
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:37 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: What else do you know about ryan finley though? I think a lot of you guys doubting and saying dalton is better and laughing at the thought of finley dont even know nothing about him. Not just you but I'm seeing it everywhere.  

Actually almost everyone here was calling for Finley to start over Dalton.  But most of them are also realist.

What is the best record ever posted by a rookie 4th round pick playing with the 32nd ranked running game (on pace to be the worst in modern NFL history), 32nd ranked defense, and pass protection that allows the third most sacks in the league?

Finley could be a very good prospect, but still struggle in this situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually almost everyone here was calling for Finley to start over Dalton.  But most of them are also realist.

What is the best record ever posted by a rookie 4th round pick playing with the 32nd ranked running game (on pace to be the worst in modern NFL history), 32nd ranked defense, and pass protection that allows the third most sacks in the league?

Finley could be a very good prospect, but still struggle in this situation.
Not many lines in the nfl can let their QB sit back and have time all day. And run block too. The qb has to be able to buy a little time in the pocket and maneuver in the pocket with his feet. Dalton is the cause for a lot of his sacks. That's why I do not think finley will get killed back there like people are saying. But yeah you are right he can struggle and might not be ready. I just highly doubt it. Finley was said to be the most NFL ready QB coming out for how many years he played. The guys drafted before him ain't doing hardly nothing. Finley also played in a good conference and played top talent in the sec I think it was,same as trevor Lawrence. Except Lawrence had a way more talented team. We will definitely see what Finley has i cant wait till the next game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:37 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: What else do you know about ryan finley though?

I don't claim to be an expert at evaluating college QBs, but the NFL scouts and GMs who are had him rated as a fourth round pick.

Not saying they can't be wrong.  Dak Prescott was also a 4th round pick.  But overall I tend to trust the judgement of NFL teams over random  dudes on a message board.
Reply/Quote