Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton POed
(10-30-2019, 10:27 PM)mt415tress Wrote: Why was the timing sketchy?

He was bad on Sunday.

And was benched yesterday afternoon. The decision that it was going to happen was likely well before then.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:33 PM)Destro Wrote: And was benched yesterday afternoon. The decision that it was going to happen was likely well before then.

Oh yeah, they didnt bench him Monday and did it Tuesday.  That is sketchy!!!

You are all over the place. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: My issue is the timing. Wish they made the change years ago. I agree we have to see what we have, but why do this literally a couple hours before the trade deadline? Why keep a player who you know will be disgruntled on the team instead of getting something for him. That’s the part I don’t get at all. Every time this team makes any kind of positive decision it’s always hand in hand with a wtf moment. So frustrating.
I do not see Dalton becoming a distraction in the locker room he is not that type of person. Is he upset over everything yes but by the time they play again in a few weeks he will be just fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:33 PM)Destro Wrote: And was benched yesterday afternoon. The decision that it was going to happen was likely well before then.

Not doing it earlier costed them the chance to trade him. His trade value was highest AT the deadline as teams may have been desperate for a QB.

In the offseason, it won't be as high because there will be free agent QB's and draft picks.

Botched!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not doing it earlier costed them the chance to trade him. His trade value was highest AT the deadline as teams may have been desperate for a QB.

In the offseason, it won't be as high because there will be free agent QB's and draft picks.

Botched!
What teams had a QB go down to injury that Dalton could step in right away and win games for?

That was willing to give us a decent pick for cause Dalton still has value to us to help coach Finley and Dolegala.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:34 PM)mt415tress Wrote: Oh yeah, they didnt bench him Monday and did it Tuesday.  That is sketchy!!!

You are all over the place. 

If you can't see the difference, you'll need more than glasses.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I do not see Dalton becoming a distraction in the locker room he is not that type of person. Is he upset over everything yes but by the time they play again in a few weeks he will be just fine.

I dunno, he seemed pretty pissed. For him it’s not just the decision, it’s the tiMing also. Again I know they owe him nothing but you can tell the guy just wants to play. He seems to think if he had more time a trade may have happened. Not sure sitting on the sidelines is going to help him get over this. Especially if Finley just flat out flops. But no of course I don’t think he will go full Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:36 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: What teams had a QB go down to injury that Dalton could step in right away and win games for?

That was willing to give us a decent pick for cause Dalton still has value to us to help coach Finley and Dolegala.

We don’t need Dalton for that. I don’t buy that for one sec. everyone wanted him out, why would you want him rubbing off on the other guys. We have QB coaches, a “QB Guru” for that. That’s not why you pass up draft picks. Hell if that was the case everyone would keep a Manning, Favre that total bull. Sorry.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 09:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

It seems from Dalton's reaction there hasn't been any previous discussion about this. It should have been done at least a couple games ago if not 3 or 4 like you say.

(10-30-2019, 09:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Totally agree with this. Dalton looked good in Seattle, but since then? Batted down passes, throwing out of bounds, missing receivers and also waaaay bad over throws and failure to move in the pocket is the reason he's riding the pine (or aluminum) in game 9. 3 picks in 5 plays week before last and one that went for 6? Geez! I wanted this move done a few weeks ago when we actually had a chance to recover. And although it appears the timing that ZT did this seems cruel, I ask why in the heck did he wait so long as well?

Waiting till now to do this is not improving much. But finally doing it was the right call. You simply can't let this dude continue "in regards of his past performances" this year. In addition, every player faces an end, regardless how great they once was. Is this his end? That depends on him, but his performance say's he's losing it, and losing it fast. I guess I'll state it much simpler:

Andy lost his job as the starter. 

Yes, it truly is sad that it has to end this way for Andy.  I once had high hopes that he would lead the Bengals to glory, but it just wasn't meant to be.  I also feel like he would likely benefit greatly from the classic "change of scenery" in NFL speak.  It's a shame that the team waited until 2 hours before the trade deadline to make their move.  If there was any truth to the Bears offering a 2nd and a 4th for Andy, and the team failed to do a deal with that offer?  It will go down as one of those classic blunders, in the style of not taking the Saints entire draft, in order to select Akili Smith.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:41 PM)Destro Wrote: If you can't see the difference, you'll need more than glasses.  Cool

The giants benched Eli on a Tuesday

The fins benched Rosen on a Tuesday.

Sketchy.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:02 PM)mt415tress Wrote: The giants benched Eli on a Tuesday

The fins benched Rosen on a Tuesday.

Sketchy.

Yet, not on the day of the trade deadline.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:06 PM)Destro Wrote: Yet, not on the day of the trade deadline.  Rock On

...and not 90 minutes before the trade deadline.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:06 PM)Destro Wrote: Yet, not on the day of the trade deadline.  Rock On

No one wants to trade for a terrible quarterback

They could have benched him 30 days ago. He’s worthless
Reply/Quote
Bengals Fans: Bengals FO sucks! They're idiots!

Also Bengals fans after FO screws 9 year starter QB out of opportunity to test trade market: Brilliant! 

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and not 90 minutes before the trade deadline.

What’s with this 90 mins BS everyone keeps throwing around? He was benched early Tuesday. Taylor has time to tell the entire team in individual groups. By 1:30 I had found out about it and I was late to the party. Deadline was 4:30 PM.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should of warned him weeks ago if he kept up his poor play and we kept losing.

You don't just spring this on him without warning on his Birthday.

Cannot believe you are defending the FO! Shocked

Oh brother.....you knew the hate was real....shit like that proves most of it is not objective and it's meritless.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:11 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: So you are basicly saying that if all the stars align perfectly then Dalton can win games we all know this. Now get me a QB that can win when things are not perfect because they rarely are in the NFL.

What I am saying that NO QB can win unless the stars are aligned.

Drew Brees only has 1 SB... Aaron Rodgers only has 1 SB.  Russell Wilson has 1. 

Now Tom Brady always seems to have the stars aligned... guess what he has?  A coach that knows the importance of OLine play.  An organization that knows how to build to the strengths of the players around him.

Alex Erickson has had near 100 yards this past game against the Rams...  He had 137 against the Jags.  I repeat this... Alex Erickson. 

That is Tom Brady hitting Chris Hogan when Hogan was on the team.  Hogan was a no name person.  Still is, but with Brady and the Patriots he won 2 SBs.  For all the talk that Dalton doesn't make his WRs better he seems to get guys like Erickson some pretty stats.

So no, you are wrong, Dalton can win when things aren't perfect... he is just in an organization that doesn't even try to improve things around him.  No QB can win here.  I don't care who they are, they will not win here.  Not until the organization starts trying to address things that actually need addressing.  Dalton is pissed and he has every right to be pissed.

It is one thing for things to break down from time to time... it is another to claim that Dalton is the issue that things are broken down.  Sure a new QB may win some games, but they won't have any long term success since this organization is doing nothing to try and align the stars.  
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:13 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: What’s with this 90 mins BS everyone keeps throwing around? He was benched early Tuesday. Taylor has time to tell the entire team in individual groups. By 1:30 I had found out about it and I was late to the party. Deadline was 4:30 PM.

I, myself, corrected it....it was announced to US at 230, he had an extra hour I wasn't considering. But I thought deadline was 4?

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:14 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: What I am saying that NO QB can win unless the stars are aligned.

Drew Brees only has 1 SB... Aaron Rodgers only has 1 SB.  Russell Wilson has 1. 

Now Tom Brady always seems to have the stars aligned... guess what he has?  A coach that knows the importance of OLine play.  An organization that knows how to build to the strengths of the players around him.

Alex Erickson has had near 100 yards this past game against the Rams...  He had 137 against the Jags.  I repeat this... Alex Erickson. 

That is Tom Brady hitting Chris Hogan when Hogan was on the team.  Hogan was a no name person.  Still is, but with Brady and the Patriots he won 2 SBs.  For all the talk that Dalton doesn't make his WRs better he seems to get guys like Erickson some pretty stats.

So no, you are wrong, Dalton can win when things aren't perfect... he is just in an organization that doesn't even try to improve things around him.  No QB can win here.  I don't care who they are, they will not win here.  Not until the organization starts trying to address things that actually need addressing.  Dalton is pissed and he has every right to be pissed.

It is one thing for things to break down from time to time... it is another to claim that Dalton is the issue that things are broken down.  Sure a new QB may win some games, but they won't have any long term success since this organization is doing nothing to try and align the stars.  

Even the great Rodgers (and he is great) went 6-10 or 7-9 when their line struggled and Cobb was hurt, with some others. Rodgers is good enough to have probably 3 or 4 wins vs 0, but yes, I think he would struggle this season too.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:12 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Bengals Fans: Bengals FO sucks! They're idiots!

Also Bengals fans after FO screws 9 year starter QB out of opportunity to test trade market: Brilliant! 

LMAO

If he’s not going to be a starter next year he could still test the trade market or be cut this offseason. His trade value will be higher in the offseason when teams have more cap flexibility and know what is available. It’s not brilliant but it’s definitely not the horrible, insulting, incompetent move everyone seems to be making it out to be. Truth is there aren’t many teams that need him for the 2nd half of the year. Maybe if a (well timed) injury happened to another starting QB it would have made for a perfect storm to trade him, but that didn’t happen.

People acting like the Bengals ended his chance of ever playing the game again. All they did by not trading him is cost him 8 games and that’s IF Finley doesn’t sh*t the bed and get put back on the bench.

There is a whole lot of overreacting going on with this move. At the end of the day, just about everyone wanted him benched and got it. People need to be happy they got what they wanted (one of the rare times the team does what the fans wanted) and see how the other stuff plays out over the next 6-12 months.
Reply/Quote