Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton POed
(10-30-2019, 06:54 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I have to admit I like to move at QB,But obviously, Dalton got a bad deal. It’s not right, The way Zac Taylor handled this.

From what I understand Zac handled it perfectly. Called Andy in and told him to his face before he announced it anywhere else. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From what I understand Zac handled it perfectly. Called Andy in and told him to his face before he announced it anywhere else. 

I believe so too. Then went to each position group and talked to them and also talked to AJ individually because who knew what kind of relationship they had. 
Reply/Quote
Just seen the interview. He's not pissed, he's shocked. He's been demoted. Interview happened too soon after and I think he will do a lot to help Finley. He mentioned he has done a lot for the city, and he has. However, doing a lot for the city does not solidify your position at your job. I doubt he's really upset about the trade deadline because honestly, it's not even up to him. When this thing sinks in, he will realize this.

As I looked beyond him at the wall, I imagined the things he spoke about with doing a lot of great things and having great seasons and playoff runs. Yes, this locker-room was his pinnacle and he walked in there celebrating a lot of times. But dude, your 0-8 as the leader of this offense, and I know he realizes the choices that had to be made. 

He stated he had talks with ZT on several occasions and had been in ZT's office more this year than ever, so it seems ZT is involved with good communication with the players. Andy the spoke of AJ and his relationship. It appears they have a great relationship. HOWEVER, I don't think AJ is as affected as much by the news of Andy. As AJ says several times, "NFL is a business."

Reply/Quote
You can’t really blame the Bengals for the timing of this. They did not do this to Andy on purpose, they just have no idea when or what the trade deadline is.
Reply/Quote
This is such a terrible way to handle things. Good to see that the majority of the board agree with this.

I don't buy for one moment that this is to "see what they have in Finley." Since we still won't really see anything. The terrible OLine, the lack of running game, and no consistency on defense. Oh, well Finley may have Green out there, so he may perform slightly better. If you really want me to buy the Finley nonsense, then bench Green for a few games as well. Let us see what Finley can do under the same circumstances, especially against the Ravens and Steelers.

I don't dislike Finley, I wouldn't have a problem with him taking over for Dalton, however this looks like they are just floundering along with no real plan in place. If that is the case, then that would explain players looking lost out there on the field.

The other telling thing from this interview is that basically ZT has admitted to Dalton that this is his last year here. Either they are moving on with Finley or they will be drafting a QB with their 1st round pick. Either way, Dalton isn't in the plans.

This doesn't look good no matter how you try to spin it.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Just seen the interview. He's not pissed, he's shocked. He's been demoted. Interview happened too soon after and I think he will do a lot to help Finley. He mentioned he has done a lot for the city, and he has. However, doing a lot for the city does not solidify your position at your job. I doubt he's really upset about the trade deadline because honestly, it's not even up to him. When this thing sinks in, he will realize this.

As I looked beyond him at the wall, I imagined the things he spoke about with doing a lot of great things and having great seasons and playoff runs. Yes, this locker-room was his pinnacle and he walked in there celebrating a lot of times. But dude, your 0-8 as the leader of this offense, and I know he realizes the choices that had to be made. 

He stated he had talks with ZT on several occasions and had been in ZT's office more this year than ever, so it seems ZT is involved with good communication with the players. Andy the spoke of AJ and his relationship. It appears they have a great relationship. HOWEVER, I don't think AJ is as affected as much by the news of Andy. As AJ says several times, "NFL is a business."

He was also on the other side of that and was 8-0 as a leader as well.

If Taylor had any sense he would try to find out what made Dalton successful on that 8-0 team and look to creating that.

That year he had reliable WRs in Green, Sanu and Jones.  He had a great TE in Eifert.  His OLine was the best it had ever been with Whitworth, Boling, Bodine, Zeitler and Smith.  Winston was a serviceable back up.

Then in 2016 both Jones and Sanu departed and were replaced with Tyler Boyd.. that's it.   Green got injured and was IRed, Eifert IRed and Boling as well.  Even then the Bengals were 3 games where we needed a FG to win to qualify for the playoffs.

2017 is when everything fell apart.  Still no WR to replace Jones, since Boyd was more like Sanu.  No more Whitworth or Zeitler and Smith was IRed.  That is 3 guys on the OLine that is missing.

I know building up a solid OLine is easier said than done, but after Cedric and Jake and no possibly Price failed, you don't throw away the QB.  You continue looking at your options to build that line.  Glenn didn't pan out either.  They drafted Williams but then he is injured.  However that is a good start, don't stop there though.  Grab another OT with the first pick and grab a OG with the 2nd pick.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals made a big mistake not trading Andy. Now he's a scorned red-head...and he's inside the building.

He may not have won a single game in over a year, but Andy may now be the fans best hope of toppling this management/coaching regime.

Lets brainstorm some ideas... I'll begin:

-We have all read how deodorant is rationed. Instead of taking his normal stick of deodorant, Andy thus takes 2! When the Bengals go to do inventory, they will be 1 deodorant off. They'll obviously have to hire an auditing firm to come in to rectify this mistake thus costing money. IF Andy does this enough...it could bankrupt the franchise and they'd be forced to sell.

What other ideas do you have for Andy?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals made a big mistake not trading Andy. Now he's a scorned red-head...and he's inside the building.

He may not have won a single game in over a year, but Andy may now be the fans best hope of toppling this management/coaching regime.

-We have all read how deodorant is rationed. Instead of taking his normal stick of deodorant, Andy thus takes 2! When the Bengals go to do inventory, they will be 1 deodorant off. They'll obviously have to hire an auditing firm to come in to rectify this mistake thus costing money. IF Andy does this enough...it could bankrupt the franchise and they'd be forced to sell.

I say he takes 8 of the normally alotted 4 squares of TP per bathroom visit!
Reply/Quote
If I say it I will definitely be placed on the FBI watch list.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking he writes a tell all book about how to manage a franchise the Bengals way! He'll reveal ALL the secrets of Model Model forcing the Bengals management to sell!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:17 PM)Trademark Wrote: Do you blame him? He was told this on his birthday....

Boo hoo. What is he 8 years old?

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boo hoo. What is he 8 years old?

He probably got called to the coach's office...err this is the Bengals so cubicle....thinking he was going to get a cake and bam...BENCHED.

Then, wham...go seek a trade punk. You got 2 hours!

Then, Taylor probably ate a piece of birthday cake in front of him.
Reply/Quote
Taylor knew he was going to do it. Not like Andy stunk it up against the Rams and he had to do something. ( Jax game he was much, much worse against a worse team. ). Should have been first thing Tuesday. Birthday aside, the timing is sketchy.
Reply/Quote
I wanted Andy benched/Replaced years ago but only the Bengals can do it the way they did. I get it, it’s a cold business but for Brown to talk all this loyalty crap yet bench his Vet QB on his Birthday( ok he’s not 5) only a couple hours before the trade deadline was just rotten. I’m sure it was planned that way so he couldn’t go anywhere. The guys not going to play another down, if he does you really think he’s going to try. Absolutely no reason to not trade him.

But part of me thinks this was their plan to get a knee jerk reaction from some desperate team to rush and over pay for him by announcing ( up for trade ) his benching just before the deadline. If that was the case I’m sure a deal would have been done unless there really was no offers. Or they just didn’t answer the damn phone cause they were skiing. I dunno, the leadership in this organization is a mess.
Reply/Quote
I am an Andy Dalton fan. I have been since he was drafted. That said, teams don’t really owe players a window of time to seek a trade. Also benching him was fair at this point. He had one of the worst sequences I have ever seen. And yes I watched Klingler, Smith, Frerotte et al. His confidence is shattered and he is making rookie mistakes. If he goes somewhere else I wish him well but a head coaches job is to do what’s best for the team. I sense a little of that veteran player sense of entitlement from the Marvin era here.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals made a big mistake not trading Andy. Now he's a scorned red-head...and he's inside the building.

Vending machine gives Andy TWO packets of M&Ms for his buck.  He looks around, pockets the extra packet and quietly walks away.  Hours later, the guilt forces him to call his minister at 3:30 AM for a fevered confession.

(10-30-2019, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He probably got called to the coach's office...err this is the Bengals so cubicle....thinking he was going to get a cake and bam...BENCHED.

Then, wham...go seek a trade punk. You got 2 hours!

Then, Taylor probably ate a piece of birthday cake in front of him.

Yep, and he looked just like this:

[Image: g6zhkmffsh6ixoqzgpo2.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Perhaps he should have been "POed" while he was throwing the ball to Jacksonville defenders.
Reply/Quote
This is like, what, the umpteenth above-average QB the Bengals managed to piss off?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:52 PM)Cicero Wrote: I am an Andy Dalton fan. I have been since he was drafted. That said, teams don’t really owe players a window of time to seek a trade. Also benching him was fair at this point. He had one of the worst sequences I have ever seen. And yes I watched Klingler, Smith, Frerotte et al. His confidence is shattered and he is making rookie mistakes. If he goes somewhere else I wish him well but a head coaches job is to do what’s best for the team. I sense a little of that veteran player sense of entitlement from the Marvin era here.

Of course they don’t owe him anything and have to do what they feel is best for the team moving forward. How does NOT trading Andy help improve anything moving forward? The best thing to do for the team would have been to trade him. Curious if Palmer has reached out to him. Lol kinda a told ya so.
Reply/Quote
Is he for real?? He’s been paid Millions to be a mediocre QB. Anywhere else he would have lost his job years ago. I have a lot of respect for AD he’s been a class act. But to say you don’t agree with it and basically say he thinks he’s played fairly well is absurd.
Reply/Quote