Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton POed
The Bengals front office does something questionable? The hell you say.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:17 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Why should he? Are they not paying him for a contract that he signed? He will make eight million for the next eight games. The front office is loyal to a fault to their veteran players. They probably tried to trade him but couldn't find a taker without paying a big part of his salary so they just decided to keep him.

Should of warned him weeks ago if he kept up his poor play and we kept losing.

You don't just spring this on him without warning on his Birthday.

Cannot believe you are defending the FO! Shocked
Reply/Quote
He’s got a right to be po’d. He’s been a good ambassador for the team and they ham strung him.

Of course knowing how the front office operates, he should have had his agent quietly and proactively see what was out there weeks ago. It’s not the front office was going to do so on its own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should of warned him weeks ago if he kept up his poor play and we kept losing.

This is the same Mike Brown that basically fired Sam Wyche on Christmas Eve back in 1991. The official unofficial date that the Bengals went into a massive decline with multiple horrendous teams and no playoff wins ever since. And 28 years later, there is absolutely no light at the end.

"I was simply fired by Mike Brown at a meeting today," Wyche said in a statement released by his lawyers. "I have no idea why the Bengals have chosen to announce this as my decision to leave."

Any defense of this front office is literally unreal.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Dalton talked about stability but he should of known he was on shaky ground when his head coach a guy that was here 16 season was let go last year.

He came off as real bitter to me and a guy with excuses why it was not his fault. You can not play that AJ Green card your whole career is that what you are going to say on your next team when things don't go good that AJ is not out there to help you?

As far as being given enough time to get traded he is most likely of more value to us as a coach/player in Finley's ear giving him advice then his agent trying to get good draft picks a few days before the draft deadline. If he got traded before this season he would of been worth more or even next offseason he will be worth more. The Browns will want to get as much as they can for him and they are smart enough to know you are not going to get it in a rush deal at the last moment. So they did what was best for the Bengals which I agree with I would of liked to seen him traded before this season started and started a rookie cause the rookie would not of did any worse then an 0-8 start. But we all cant be blessed with foresight like myself.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have always been a Dalton supporter and don't like how the team handled this at all but this needed to happen.

Finley shown pocket presence and the ability to move the pocket in Preseason and in college.

Dalton shown in the last 16 games or so he doesn't have this ability and honestly i don't blame him after the shitty OL's he's had.

He's been traumatized and just panics even when the Line doesn't break down.

I agree that the search for a better QB needed to happen. Dalton has been decent in the past but everyone should want more than decent. He’s never felt like a leader. They need a QB that is confident and can take over a game.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should of warned him weeks ago if he kept up his poor play and we kept losing.

I can't believe you think he didn't know his job was on the line. Where do you work ? Are you not aware when you are not preforming at an expected level? He knew!!!! If he didn't it proves that not only is he a bad QB he is dumb too.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton wasn't great but we have an XFL caliber coaching organization, minus a handful of players. 

FTFY

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:   As of now, it will look like Dalton will be traded this off season before the draft.  

And the Bengals will get pennies on the dollar for him. The same way the Reds screwed up all their trades a few years back. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We have 1 Starting caliber player on the Oline 99 percent of all quarterbacks past and present would struggle in this offense. Add that we got a coach that looks like a deer in headlights yet here we are
Reply/Quote
So, according to Dalton's interview, the Bengals are eyeing a QB in the next draft and they wanted to see what they have in Finley before making a decision. 

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 06:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And the Bengals will get pennies on the dollar for him. The same way the Reds screwed up all their trades a few years back. 

Exactly. No one is going to give anything for a benched qb. One who was benched for a 4th round pick! It wasn't like we had the franchise qb in waiting, picked at the top of the draft.

The Bengals screwed this up so bad, they'll likely have to release him. Everyone knows it's coming (the release), so why trade for him?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 06:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And the Bengals will get pennies on the dollar for him. The same way the Reds screwed up all their trades a few years back. 

Ha Ha Ha can you imagine the fan base of another team hearing the news that their front office had just traded for Andy Dalton? That there is some funny shit right there. Like bobby hart signing a 21 mil contract funny.
Reply/Quote
"Did it ever cross your mind that you might be benched given the team's 0-8 record?"

"Not really, I feel I've done some good things to put this team in the position to win"

I've always respected Andy as a person; regardless of my thoughts on his performance. But this brings him down a notch in my book. This team has made you a very wealthy man and stuck by you went not every team in the NFL would. Now we ask you to be a team player for 8 weeks and you're mad you weren't allowed to take you ball and go.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:19 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I agree with Dalton being benched, but I don't agree with how it was handled.on his birthday..and how it happened right before the trade deadline so he couldnt ask to be traded.

Really not a fan of Taylor
Reply/Quote
Andy deserved better. It was handled very poorly.
Reply/Quote
Just a reminder... Finley is Taylor's boy. Taylor's shown nothing but great judgement with his coaching staff, and play calling.

This kid is going to suck. Heard it here first.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I am glad they benched him finally if nothing else to see what Finley can do since Andy wasn't getting it done.

However, doing it ON his birthday and hours before the tradeline. Total Classless move. Way to go Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 06:34 PM)jason Wrote: Just a reminder... Finley is Taylor's boy. Taylor's shown nothing but great judgement with his coaching staff, and play calling.

This kid is going to suck. Heard it here first.

And if he doesn't?
You gonna eat those words?
Reply/Quote
I have to admit I like to move at QB,But obviously, Dalton got a bad deal. It’s not right, The way Zac Taylor handled this.
Reply/Quote