Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton POed
Lets be honest, Andy must be living in some fantasy if he really thought he was not going to be benched. Should have made an appointment with his manager to meet with Mikey/FO and Zac to know the plan a week ago. Hard to simphatize with him.
Reply/Quote
To echo what others are saying, this FO has NO TACT! Makes one wonder how much they care about players.... Shocked
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bears and Broncos were reportedly interested in Dalton.  

Broncos would be the other possibility I couldn't put my finger on....thanks for the reminder. After watching the video, I must correct two earlier posts. Apparently they knew at 1 o'clock. Still pretty lame on the team's part.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Broncos would be the other possibility I couldn't put my finger on....thanks for the reminder. After watching the video, I must correct two earlier posts. Apparently they knew at 1 o'clock. Still pretty lame on the team's part.

Hmm the Broncos rolling with another AFC North retread?  I think Bears or Chargers if Rivers leaves. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm the Broncos rolling with another AFC North retread?  I think Bears or Chargers if Rivers leaves. 

Chargers are taking a long look at Hurts.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Look at the line, look at the receivers and what have you guys thought about the play calling??? Dalton isn’t a great QB but he was competent enough to have a little playoff run with a solid surrounding cast. Do you think Finley would put up a better performance with this cast or better players? Is this cast even good enough to fairly evaluate Finley? This group highlights Dalton’s negatives. The playoff teams highlighted his positives. Dalton isn’t the kind of QB to take over a game with any group of players, that’s what they need to find.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Chargers are taking a long look at Hurts.  

Hurts, donut?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:02 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: There are a bunch of teams that would rather have Dalton than what they've got.

You have to look through the record and into the details.  This team is on pace to not even reach 1000 rushing yards, for the entire season.  Just look what has happened to this offense since 2015.  Dalton is nothing more than a scapegoat at this point - and it appears many around here are drinking the juice this organization is serving up.

I'd be ticked off too if I was Dalton.  Had they even given him (and his agent) a couple of days notice he'd probably be playing somewhere else right now.

This organization is run about as piss-poorly as one can be run.  It's a joke, and it starts right at the top!  I truly believe MB in his mind thinks he's smarter than everybody else in the room - that room being the NFL. 

Sad but probably all true.

Dalton does have a right to be PO'ed.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:50 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Look at the line, look at the receivers and what have you guys thought about the play calling??? Dalton isn’t a great QB but he was competent enough to have a little playoff run with a solid surrounding cast. Do you think Finley would put up a better performance with this cast or better players? Is this cast even good enough to fairly evaluate Finley? This group highlights Dalton’s negatives. The playoff teams highlighted his positives. Dalton isn’t the kind of QB to take over a game with any group of players, that’s what they need to find.

Have always been a Dalton supporter and don't like how the team handled this at all but this needed to happen.

Finley shown pocket presence and the ability to move the pocket in Preseason and in college.

Dalton shown in the last 16 games or so he doesn't have this ability and honestly i don't blame him after the shitty OL's he's had.

He's been traumatized and just panics even when the Line doesn't break down.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:02 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: There are a bunch of teams that would rather have Dalton than what they've got.

You have to look through the record and into the details.  This team is on pace to not even reach 1000 rushing yards, for the entire season.  Just look what has happened to this offense since 2015.  Dalton is nothing more than a scapegoat at this point - and it appears many around here are drinking the juice this organization is serving up.

I'd be ticked off too if I was Dalton.  Had they even given him (and his agent) a couple of days notice he'd probably be playing somewhere else right now.

This organization is run about as piss-poorly as one can be run.  It's a joke, and it starts right at the top!  I truly believe MB in his mind thinks he's smarter than everybody else in the room - that room being the NFL. 
Dalton has a right to be ticked off and that shows he cares.I felt sorry for him,however I thought this would be happening much sooner,Now I truly respect Andy and his family as he is a super wonderful person, however he is not a leader of men,and that was his downfall to me.Granted,his line was horrible and they need to own up and take credit for a lot of his poor play.All the injuries which seems to be every year with this franchise is another reason he is gone and he will be gone.If Finley plays well and I expect him to be a better more accurate player unless one of these huge D-linemen does indeed just kill finley which could happen,then Andy is back in there.Alot of his being benched is his own fault as he never steps up in the pocket,and he has lately thrown the ball everywhere expect to the target.I believe with a super good line and all the good receivers playing,plus the RB able to get going,I believe Andy would be a super QB.Now we get to see a rook,and I do not think Finley is the long term answer either.He is too fraile and will get hurt sooner than later.The nfl is a tough place and if he cannot be protected like a Tom Brady,I see him on the bench or IR.They never were going to allow Andy to leave just yet as they want him here as a backup to Finley just in case the guy gets hurt.Very selfish by the Bengals ,but they want wins and Dalton did not get it done,Like I said earlier,I respect him a lot,but he did not get it done for whatever reason,Now on to Finley.Its time to see if we can  win a couple games.I believe some of this coaching staff will be gone at end of year ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
This wouldn't have happened if he had blonde, brown, or black hair! The lack of respect for red headed QB's in the NFL is staggering.
Reply/Quote
While it did have to happen for future planning it was handled in just about the worst way possible. To make it worse they did this to someone who not only never called them out on their nonsense but who has been a big contributor to the community as well. Telling him only about three hours prior to the deadline? That is high level foolishness.

Also there is no magical QB ability to make a bad OL good - all that happens is the bad OL wears the good QB down. In Andy's case the poor blocking (coupled with bad play calling, no run game and inconsistent route running) has caused his internal clock to get out of sync. This happens to any QB put in this position long enough. Put him on a team with even average blocking and a stable game plan with even average ability to run and he will prosper.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/_ZaT2Bll5jw

Starting to really not like Taylor
Reply/Quote
He looks a bit upset.
Reply/Quote
I read this thread quickly and thought it said 'beheading'.

I was going to be like...wow the Bengals don't mess around!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:06 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Dalton has a right to be ticked off and that shows he cares.I felt sorry for him,however I thought this would be happening much sooner,Now I truly respect Andy and his family as he is a super wonderful person, however he is not a leader of men,and that was his downfall to me.Granted,his line was horrible and they need to own up and take credit for a lot of his poor play.All the injuries which seems to be every year with this franchise is another reason he is gone and he will be gone.If Finley plays well and I expect him to be a better more accurate player unless one of these huge D-linemen does indeed just kill finley which could happen,then Andy is back in there.Alot of his being benched is his own fault as he never steps up in the pocket,and he has lately thrown the ball everywhere expect to the target.I believe with a super good line and all the good receivers playing,plus the RB able to get going,I believe Andy would be a super QB.Now we get to see a rook,and I do not think Finley is the long term answer either.He is too fraile and will get hurt sooner than later.The nfl is a tough place and if he cannot be protected like a Tom Brady,I see him on the bench or IR.They never were going to allow Andy to leave just yet as they want him here as a backup to Finley just in case the guy gets hurt.Very selfish by the Bengals ,but they want wins and Dalton did not get it done,Like I said earlier,I respect him a lot,but he did not get it done for whatever reason,Now on to Finley.Its time to see if we can  win a couple games.I believe some of this coaching staff will be gone at end of year ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

There yah go. Just hoping the OL plays half way decent for Finley.

He needs to take control and be respected, this is key.

(10-30-2019, 05:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This wouldn't have happened if he had blonde, brown, or black hair! The lack of respect for red headed QB's in the NFL is staggering.

Damn rights lol

(10-30-2019, 05:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: While it did have to happen for future planning it was handled in just about the worst way possible. To make it worse they did this to someone who not only never called them out on their nonsense but who has been a big contributor to the community as well. Telling him only about three hours prior to the deadline? That is high level foolishness.

Also there is no magical QB ability to make a bad OL good - all that happens is the bad OL wears the good QB down. In Andy's case the poor blocking (coupled with bad play calling, no run game and inconsistent route running) has caused his internal clock to get out of sync. This happens to any QB put in this position long enough. Put him on a team with even average blocking and a stable game plan with even average ability to run and he will prosper.

You are right, but Andy was panicking before plays even broke down. 

He was destroyed by all the bad Line play over the years. Need to give Finley a shot and see if he has some balls.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He looks a bit upset.

Do you blame him? He was told this on his birthday....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sad but probably all true.

Dalton does have a right to be PO'ed.

Why should he? Are they not paying him for a contract that he signed? He will make eight million for the next eight games. The front office is loyal to a fault to their veteran players. They probably tried to trade him but couldn't find a taker without paying a big part of his salary so they just decided to keep him.
Reply/Quote
I agree with Dalton being benched, but I don't agree with how it was handled.on his birthday..and how it happened right before the trade deadline so he couldnt ask to be traded.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:50 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Look at the line, look at the receivers and what have you guys thought about the play calling??? Dalton isn’t a great QB but he was competent enough to have a little playoff run with a solid surrounding cast. Do you think Finley would put up a better performance with this cast or better players? Is this cast even good enough to fairly evaluate Finley? This group highlights Dalton’s negatives. The playoff teams highlighted his positives. Dalton isn’t the kind of QB to take over a game with any group of players, that’s what they need to find.

Finely could be the second coming of Tom Brady but this team will shell shock him. Will learn how to ice up.
Reply/Quote