Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Dalton Struggling from a Clean Pocket since 2015
(10-21-2019, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whit was here in 2016. Dalton still sucked. AJ happened to miss 6 games that year though...

Dalton had 4200 yards, 18 TDs, 8 INTs in 2016. He wasn't actually bad. Their biggest issues that year on offense were the rushing attack and lack of points overall.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: HoF level talent, but I don’t think AJ will put up the numbers to get him in. Especially if the playoff success never comes, and the injuries continue to plague him.

And...he plays for the Bengals. IF AJ played for the Cowboys or Patriots or Steelers...he's in the HOF.
Reply/Quote
When your only a decent QB when AJ Green plays you aren't good
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Are you joking?

AJ made Daltons career

Which is why I'm against trading AJ. If we're starting over, we're about to enter the world of the 50/50 crapshoot of drafting a QB. That poor bastard is gonna need some help.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:55 AM)jason Wrote: Which is why I'm against trading AJ. If we're starting over, we're about to enter the world of the 50/50 crapshoot of drafting a QB. That poor bastard is gonna need some help.

The odds are probably worse than 50/50...but yes.

AND AJ's value isn't likely a high to mid-1st. From what I'm reading, it's a 2nd Round pick.

The wildcard is IF we can retain him. He may not want to be here next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whit was here in 2016. Dalton still sucked. AJ happened to miss 6 games that year though...

(10-21-2019, 01:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No it isn't. 

AJ made Daltons's career. Period! 

You guys crack me up.

Andy "sucked" so bad in 2016 without Green that despite being sacked the 2nd most times in the league he threw for over 4200 yards and went to the Pro Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys crack me up.

Andy "sucked" so bad in 2016 without Green that despite being sacked the 2nd most times in the league he threw for over 4200 yards and went to the Pro Bowl.
Here we go again. “Pro bowl”. After the first 5 guys declined in a group of 16. Amazing accomplishment
Reply/Quote

No one was cracking up yesterday when Dalton threw 3 fourth quarter ints.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:49 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: No one was cracking up yesterday when Dalton threw 3 fourth quarter ints.

I rolled my eyes and kinda chuckled...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:48 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Here we go again. “Pro bowl”.   After the first 5 guys declined in a group of 16.  Amazing accomplishment

You mean "Here we go again.  I'll just make up some total bullshit and act like I know what I am talking about."

In 2016 Dalton was the first alternate selected because Brady was in the Super Bowl.

Typical clueless Dalton basher.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:49 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: No one was cracking up yesterday when Dalton threw 3 fourth quarter ints.

Stem cells.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:22 AM)Housh Wrote: When your only a decent QB when AJ Green plays you aren't good

Dalton went to the Pro Bowl in 2016.

10 games Green played.... 91.2 passer rating
6 games without Green.... 92.9 passer rating
Reply/Quote

Its 2019. Dalton still has zero playoff wins and still pisses all over himself on a weekly basis. Oh and we are 0-7. 

But please tell me more about the 2016 pro bowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean "Here we go again.  I'll just make up some total bullshit and act like I know what I am talking about."

In 2016 Dalton was the first alternate selected because Brady was in the Super Bowl.

Typical clueless Dalton basher.

Andy Dalton has never been voted to the Pro Bowl in his NFL career. He was named second alternate behind Alex Smith in 2016 and only got to put on the jersey because Brady, Carr, and Rothlesiberger all did not partipate.

In 2016 Andy Dalton was the 16th rated passer in the NFL in 2016.

Amazing the depths some will go to in efforts to support their stance.  Be careful who you call clueless, because you just might find yourself looking in the mirror.

With all that said: Pro Bowl selection is arbitrary at best and when you start pimping a second alternate; you're grasping a the thinnest of straws. But using your pro Bowl standard: Andy Dalton has been a better Bengal than Ken Riley; as Riley never made a Pro Bowl
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Its 2019. Dalton still has zero playoff wins and still pisses all over himself on a weekly basis. Oh and we are 0-7. 

But please tell me more about the 2016 pro bowl.

Tell me what this has to do with Green making Dalton's career.

Whenever I prove you wrong you run to something else.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tell me what this has to do with Green making Dalton's career.

Whenever I prove you wrong you run to something else.

I call BS . Anytime someone calls you out you deflect to another subject. Weren't you the one touting Dalton (forever). Weren't you the one saying he was a probowl QB(when he only went because the good QBs declined). Aren't you the one who always cites others play to take blame from Dalton? Guess what no one threw three ints but your boy Andy. The so called poor defense played good enough to win yesterday but one player and one player only owns that loss.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The last 3 games, our offensive line provided decent pass protection for Dalton and his throws were pretty erratic.

This is a misnomer.

How often are we seeing Dalton get a chance to check down or even make a second read? Never.... Dalton is making one read pre snap and getting the ball out he isnt holding on to the ball. 

This shows less pressure but it limits the offense that you can run...because Green and Ross are not playing defenses are not afraid the Bengals receivers so they are sitting on the quick routes. Defenses are not really bringing alot of pressure and instead dropping 7 into coverage to clog up the passing lanes. Also because defenses know the ball is coming out quick the defensive linemen are just getting their hands up and tipping passes. 

No run game, No play action, No second read or check down, and no deep threat. That offense isnt going to win any games.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Dalton had 4200 yards, 18 TDs, 8 INTs in 2016. He wasn't actually bad. Their biggest issues that year on offense were the rushing attack and lack of points overall.

18 TD is terrible in the pass happy modern NFL. Backups can put up those kinds of numbers.

Racking up yds in garbage time is not all that impressive. We were down A LOT that season. Iirc we lost at least 4-5 of those games by at least 2 scores.

Reply/Quote

Brady, Carr , Ben were selected to the pro bowl. Andy was the first alternate for Brady. Trying to put a hack QB on a pedestal is your modus operandi but you forget we other fans watch this guy week in and week out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean "Here we go again.  I'll just make up some total bullshit and act like I know what I am talking about."

Yes. That is what you typically do when facts aren't working in your favor.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote