Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Dalton Struggling from a Clean Pocket since 2015
(10-21-2019, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy gave the defense a good rest with a 10 play drive to take the lead in the third quarter.

How did the defense respond?

5 plays, 75 yds, td and 2 pt conversion.

Did you even watch the game ? The Bengals scored their touchdown in the second quarter after a turnover the defense got. They gave the offense the ball time after tim and they did nothing to help the defense out.  I guess the defense should never let the opposing offense score?I  Did you watch the fourth quarter shit show Andy put on or were you out on the deck cheering your loser hero? Andy has cost the team two wins with turnovers not even taking into account of his poor over all play.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:17 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Daltons high point in his career was tied to 3 things 
Hue Jackson 
Andrew Whitworth 
Tyler Eifert 

Hue is no longer in the NFL
Andrew is a Ram
Eifert has been injury prone since that 13 TD season 

Andy did well cause of what was around him playing at a high level.

Andy simply cannot rise above what's around him.
A handful of QBs can. But they are elite 
Andy was never elite 
He was good enough to be good enough 
Don't leave out the fact that Daltons receiving arsenal once consisted of AJ Green, Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones making ridiculous catches that Dalton got yardage credit for.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy gave the defense a good rest with a 10 play drive to take the lead in the third quarter.

How did the defense respond?

5 plays, 75 yds, td and 2 pt conversion.

And how did Andy respond? 1 play 25yd pick six and one point conversion. Then he helped again them by throwing two more interceptions. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 07:30 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Did you even watch the game ? 

Yeah, I watched the defense blow a fourth quarter lead for the 4th time in 7 games.  I know Andy is noted for his fourth quarter comebacks and game-winning drives, but you can't expect any QB to do it every single week.

-Our Defense is the worst in the league.  

-Our running game is not only the worst in the league, but it is on pace to be the worst in modern NFL history.  

-Our pass blocking is 29th in sacks allowed

It is comical that you continue to claim that Dalton is the only reason we lose.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I watched the defense blow a fourth quarter lead for the 4th time in 7 games.  I know Andy is noted for his fourth quarter comebacks and game-winning drives, but you can't expect any QB to do it every single week.

-Our Defense is the worst in the league.  

-Our running game is not only the worst in the league, but it is on pace to be the worst in modern NFL history.  

-Our pass blocking is 29th in sacks allowed

It is comical that you continue to claim that Dalton is the only reason we lose.
Your boy Andy's production drive by drive: 3plays 6yds, 4 plays 12 yds, 3 plays -7 yds, 3 plays 2 yds, 5 plays 25 yds, 6plays 80yds, 5plays 28yds,3 plays -11yds, 10 plays 72 yds, 3 plays 5 yds, 1 play 0 yds, 9 plays 69 yds. 13 possessions and seventeen points. Its time for a change. How much worse can it be?
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 18 TD is terrible in the pass happy modern NFL. Backups can put up those kinds of numbers.

Racking up yds in garbage time is not all that impressive. We were down A LOT that season. Iirc we lost at least 4-5 of those games by at least 2 scores.

Remember though, there were 17 rushing TDs that year and the top RB only got 839 rushing yards. The offensive playcalling favored rushing in the red zone. And yes, Dalton had "inflated" yards but that's because the running game wasn't getting a lot of yards. Dalton had to compensate for that.

If your point is that Dalton isn't good enough to take over an offense, I will agree. But to say he was terrible in 2016 is false.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know the narrative is that the offensive line is so terrible in pass protection, that no one could win here...but:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
LIES!!!

I’ve been told Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers couldn’t succeed behind our OL. And A BUNCH of people here said it. It must be true!

Reply/Quote
This has to be #FAKENEWS.

Dalton only stinks because of his oline.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I took toast off ignore for 48 hours and I immediately regretted my decision and threw him back in the brig.

Reading this thread and seeing all his drivel being quoted by others makes me question my judgment for giving him that 48 hour furlough.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:04 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Your boy Andy's production drive by drive: 3plays 6yds, 4 plays 12 yds, 3 plays -7 yds, 3 plays 2 yds, 5 plays 25 yds, 6plays 80yds, 5plays 28yds,3 plays -11yds, 10 plays 72 yds, 3 plays 5 yds, 1 play 0 yds, 9 plays 69 yds. 13 possessions and seventeen points. Its time for a change. How much worse can it be?

From looking at those stats it appears that you are blaming Dalton for the poor running game.

Why is that?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Goodberry seems to be nothing but a troll.

He tries to talk about how Andy performs under pressure but he refuses to post Andy's ranking for throwing under pressure.

Tries to talk about how often Dalton has a "clean pocket" but does not mention that Dalton is getting rid of the ball quicker than any QB in the league (2.31 sec)
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:33 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I took toast off ignore for 48 hours and I immediately regretted my decision and threw him back in the brig.

Reading this thread and seeing all his drivel being quoted by others makes me question my judgment for giving him that 48 hour furlough.

I’m getting close myself lol

It sucks when one single poster can make a good board so unbearable.

Reply/Quote
You should have shown the whole thread puts it more to perspective. Like how Dalton has the quickest release (with 2.3 seconds compared to average 2.5) in the NFL or how he has been sacked under 2.5 seconds 6 times this season (the most in the NFL).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:56 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You should have shown the whole thread puts it more to perspective. Like how Dalton has the quickest release (with 2.3 seconds compared to average 2.5) in the NFL or how he has been sacked under 2.5 seconds 6 times this season (the most in the NFL).

I actually didn't see those, but I'll post them. Thanks for pointing them out!

Actually though...it talks about how poor he's been when not pressured. Not sure it vindicates him.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">